Options

Angel's comments towards other girls

Although I haven't seen all HL shows or seen that much of the LF, I wonder if we were shown the comments those who nominated were referring to when they said Angel has been telling some of the girls they look pregnant etc. etc.?

And why is she holding a weight?

Comments

• Options
    lucy manelucy mane Posts: 10,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This has shocked me i don't think it is very nice.
  • Options
    Rose*~*Rose*~* Posts: 7,008
    Forum Member
    I think it is disgusting to be honest.
  • Options
    ShadowmaidenShadowmaiden Posts: 3,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im not sure she is saying these things to be honest. The thicko's have obviousley been colluding.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 207
    Forum Member
    ...and who'd wanna look like her anyway? Scrawny with her droopy boobs? Not me!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    Im not sure she is saying these things to be honest. The thicko's have obviousley been colluding.

I doubt BB would allow them to use those as reasons for nominating her, I'm sure it's true.
  • Options
    C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Obviously?

If she has said these things (and it seems that she has) then of course they are going to give that as their reason for nominating her. What a stupid thing to do.

It doesn't mean that they sat around and said "oh lets nominate Angel for what she said about the girls weight."
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    .. did Angel say this to everyone? I noted in the HL show that she said it playfully to Noirin .. are they referring to something that happened today, or last night? :confused:

It's powerful that they all pretty much said the same thing. "Complex" came up a few times, as I recall!

:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If she has been saying all those things (which I could easily believe with her), then I don't think it's right that she's there. There are plenty of people watching with eating disorders/self conscious and to call those girls fat is ridiculous.
  • Options
    thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,624
    Forum Member
    She's got a lot of girls in there who walk around thinking they are stunning. She's obviously decided to make fun of them. Being thick they don't get humour.
  • Options
    emptyboxemptybox Posts: 13,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She definitely said that Noirin looked like she was 3 months pregnant, cos that was on BBLB.

Or at least, it was reported on BBLB. We didn't see a clip.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's got a lot of girls in there who walk around thinking they are stunning. She's obviously decided to make fun of them. Being thick they don't get humour.

.. you could be right. I'd like to see how Angel said this. Maybe they are uptight already about appearance, and any "joke" might not go down well? :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,122
    Forum Member
    Well everyone is fat compared to Angel :p
  • Options
    PandoraFanPandoraFan Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is the biggest story coming out of the live nominations and I can't believe there isn't more outrage over it. How horrible of Angel to say those things.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 148
    Forum Member
    well it defiantly showed her telling her she had the biggest bum on the show earlier tonight.

what with her hunger strikes winding poor freddie up snogging him and then claiming to be in love with noreen in the diary room !! and then her general freakyness, she must be awful to live with.

and what the hell was the spit dribble thing about she was doing !
  • Options
    CythnaCythna Posts: 3,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We did see her saying that Noirin had the biggest ass when they were in costume, and Noirin sais whe liked her arse and wouldn't want it any smaller, and Angel agreed it was a nice one on the highlights show. It seemed pretty lighthearted.
  • Options
    C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Do you think you would see the humour if Kris had told her she looks like some kind of strange anorexic vampire in drag with droopy boobs? What's so funny about saying someone is fat?

Clearly you just don't just pass comment on women's weight unless you have a staggering amount of charisma that allows you to pull it off.

I think Angel is the thick one here.
  • Options
    Dub1Dub1 Posts: 5,959
    Forum Member
    Very disappointed in Angel.
  • Options
    hannah-xhannah-x Posts: 3,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her obsessive exercise, her hunger strike and the fact she sucks on an egg for dinner make it clear to me that she wasn't just saying it in jest. Had Kris or Lisa gone round telling the girls they were fat, it wouldn't be a joke, they'd be in for a right bashing. :rolleyes:

Weight can be a very fragile topic - I've struggled with mine and I don't think it's ever right to joke about it. Maybe I'm just being OTT. But I go to a girls school full of teenage girls who think they're too fat, so I find it quite unnerving to see such skinny women being told they look three months pregnant.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cythna wrote: »
    We did see her saying that Noirin had the biggest ass when they were in costume, and Noirin sais whe liked her arse and wouldn't want it any smaller, and Angel agreed it was a nice one on the highlights show. It seemed pretty lighthearted.

.. indeed! I wonder if there was more that wasn't shown? It could well be that Angel was being unkind, but it could also be that she was joshing. It's all a bit wierd?
  • Options
    LushnessLushness Posts: 38,169
    Forum Member
    It's not the most sensible thing to say whether she meant it as a joke or not.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She seems to have quite warped views on what's normal and what isn't. More fool the other girls for taking any of her opinions seriously when it's obvious she's more than a little bit.. "special".
  • Options
    hendollhendoll Posts: 5,646
    Forum Member
    She did it deliberately, I reckon. She wanted to be nominated, she's had enough. She knew that the best way to piss off all the girls was to comment on their weight.
    It worked.

You only had to look at her face and body language to see she was pleased: job done.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 148
    Forum Member

these girls walking around I happen to think are stunning too ....
    I dont think there thick ..

I suppose you think Angels clever then , with her hunger striking and dribbling ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I disagree. She's clearly got some issues.. from the beginning of the show I wondered if she did. Sucking on an egg for dinner, saying she couldn't even eat 1 slice of pizza, food strike for 4 days, obsessed with exercising, calling thin girls fat...etc.
  • Options
    Dakota.Dakota. Posts: 10,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wouldn't be surprised if she had some eating disorder.