Sarah Barnes to win Best Exit at the BSAs!

Comments

• FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    nazahm87 wrote: »
    As lovely as it would be I doubt it....I'm still angry with the panel for giving Rob James-Collier "Best Exit" this year and not Matt Littler :mad:

Errrr helloooooo???!!! DID THEY NOT SEE HOW AMAZING THAT EXIT WAS?! NOT TO MENTION ITS MAX BLOODY CUNNINGHAM OF HOLLYOAKS LEGEND?! NOT SOME PRETTY BOY WHO WAS USEFUL FOR ONLY ONE THING - "SEXIEST MALE" :mad: :rolleyes:

*cough* :o

Max's demise was sentimental, it wasn't dramatic enough. He was accidentally knocked down by a car out of nowhere, and died 20 seconds later. His 'exit' therefore lasted about 2 minutes. It was a sad ending but it wasn't dramatic enough to win anything.
  • RainRain Posts: 9,688
    Forum Member
    I remember they did use snippets from the Later episodes in the montage at the beginning, but I can't recall if the storylines got any noms.

Yeah there was only clips of it in the big montage.

Hope they nominate this exit though.
    Forum Member
    I remember they did use snippets from the Later episodes in the montage at the beginning, but I can't recall if the storylines got any noms.

Storylines that are nominated are usually spread over a few months. HO later was only on for a week, and that was how long the storylines lasted.
    Showing the odd scene isn't the same thing, I wouldn't think.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,082
    Forum Member
    Flukie wrote: »
    Max's demise was sentimental, it wasn't dramatic enough. He was accidentally knocked down by a car out of nowhere, and died 20 seconds later. His 'exit' therefore lasted about 2 minutes. It was a sad ending but it wasn't dramatic enough to win anything.

Well I thought it was a brilliantly acted, scripted and shot Exit and definitely deserved recognition. Not to mention the fact it had me sobbing for about two hours or something! That's dramatic to me and more than worthy of the award.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

True it wasn't very 'dramatic' per se, but it was actually the saddest soap death ever for me. I don't think any soap death has even been close to as sad as Max's death.

The whole episode was building up that he would die from heart problems, then he gets run over. His last moments with OB were gut wrenching.
    Forum Member
    Mr Median wrote: »
    True it wasn't very 'dramatic' per se, but it was actually the saddest soap death ever for me. I don't think any soap death has even been close to as sad as Max's death.

The whole episode was building up that he would die from heart problems, then he gets run over. His last moments with OB were gut wrenching.

Needless to say...I completely agree!!! :cry:

Max Cunningham and Dennis Rickman - two of the saddest soap deaths in history IMO. May they rest in peace :(:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,523
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it's allowed be in the running, it should probably win Most Spectacular Scene as well come to think of it. Spectacularly horrific and disturbing, but spectacular non the less.
  • Off_the_hook13Off_the_hook13 Posts: 17,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Loui Baitley definitely deserves to win Best Exit at the BSA's, even though it was 'Later' episode it's still Hollyoaks and deserves recognision for such an amazing exit, both the scene itself and the acting were just brilliant.

I don't think any soap could possibly top it this year. Infact it's probably one of the saddest and most terrifying soap exits I've ever seen. I'm still slightly shaken from it now. :/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,579
    Forum Member
    I think Loui Baitley definitely deserves to win Best Exit at the BSA's, even though it was 'Later' episode it's still Hollyoaks and deserves recognision for such an amazing exit, both the scene itself and the acting were just brilliant.

I don't think any soap could possibly top it this year. Infact it's probably one of the saddest and most terrifying soap exits I've ever seen. I'm still slightly shaken from it now. :/

Agree completely was fantastically done, even Lydia was great. It should win something.

I can't stop thinking about it, i'm watching it again, so i can really cry (my mums gone to bed) :o
  • LennieLennie Posts: 25,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I havent seen it yet but i know HO when they do a particular scene they do it so brilliantly

Also remember many other ppl might want EE Danielle to get Best Exit
    Forum Member
    Lennie wrote: »
    I havent seen it yet but i know HO when they do a particular scene they do it so brilliantly

Oh god yeah. SNORE :yawn::yawn:

That's bound to get it :mad: and it was the same way that Max Cunningham died!!!!!!!! If EE get it....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :mad::mad::mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,579
    Forum Member
    Lennie wrote: »

I'm a danielle/ronnie fan, but even i admit that hollyoaks completely outwin danielle's death by miles.
  • RainRain Posts: 9,688
    Forum Member
    Ami09x wrote: »
    I'm a danielle/ronnie fan, but even i admit that hollyoaks completely outwin danielle's death by miles.

I agree. Danielle's death was so upsetting mainly because of the whole storyline behind it. She died in a same old hit by car senario though.

So hope Sarah's exit triumphs as it is for the exit it's self.
  • 21CenturyCircus21CenturyCircus Posts: 2,697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ami09x wrote: »

Same here, i was really shocked by Danielle's exit, but this is on another level.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone on another forum said can it be a contender at the BSA's as its not in the main show??
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I truly disagree with that.

Anyways, Sarah's death was heartbreaking, my goodness it was a wonderful and gut-wrenching scene. It should definitely get recognize.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Max's death was extremely sad. Cried loads at that, didnt cry at all at Sarah's (it was sad but I didnt particularly like her).

Sarah's was more terrifying though!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That scene should 100% be up for best exit, it was incredible and Loui acting was bloody amazing! One of the best, if not the best exit ever!
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,259
    Forum Member
    It deffo should be up for Best Exit, I think it has to be one of the most horrible soap deaths yet.
  • JonnyCoolJonnyCool Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was a really well acted and produced sequence which also managed to take the layout of a HOs episode to its advantage with the post credits sequence. I was expecting the sequence to look quite poor with it being obvious that they weren't really doing a sky dive (apart from Zoe), seeing shadows of crew that kind of thing but it was nothing like that and it felt all so real. Would be fantastic to see this recognised at the BSAs as like others said, I also don't think an exit will match this.
    Forum Member
    Wonder why they killed her off in the Later week of episodes and not the regular 6.30 episode?

I know Niall was only a short term character, but he was a baddie, he killed Kieron, tried to kill JP, and then tried to blow up the whole family of McQueens .... yet HE was also killed off in the Later week of episodes.
  • 21CenturyCircus21CenturyCircus Posts: 2,697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wonder why they killed her off in the Later week of episodes and not the regular 6.30 episode?

I know Niall was only a short term character, but he was a baddie, he killed Kieron, tried to kill JP, and then tried to blow up the whole family of McQueens .... yet HE was also killed off in the Later week of episodes.

I think because you couldn't have that kind of impact (pardon the unintentional pun) before the Watershed. It would have ended up looking rubbish if they couldn't have had the screams, the thud and the gore.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

They couldn't never have shown that scene at 6.30! :eek:
    Forum Member
    They couldn't never have shown that scene at 6.30! :eek:

In that case, that's why it won't win an award, (apart from the obvious that it happened in a spin-oiff) cos they won't show anything post-watershed at the soap awards and obviously her exit WAS the fact she fell at great speed from a great height, and was deemed too gruesome for 6.30 viewers which is why they did it at 10pm or whenever it was, in the first place.
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,259
    Forum Member
    In that case, that's why it won't win an award, (apart from the obvious that it happened in a spin-oiff) cos they won't show anything post-watershed at the soap awards and obviously her exit WAS the fact she fell at great speed from a great height, and was deemed too gruesome for 6.30 viewers which is why they did it at 10pm or whenever it was, in the first place.

But you didn't see her dead on the ground, you just knew she was going to die, I don't think it was gruesome because it wasn't like you saw loads of blood. I have to say Sarah's Exit is deffo the best HO exit ever.