and the next Games With Gold is.....

Comments

• Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm.

As with PS+ will d/l and see if I like them. But space on 360 is severely litmited.
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    I owned both max and halo spartan assault, so i didn't get any free games last month. At least I'm getting a free one this month. :-)
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, don't think I'll bother buying any non-AA or AAA games now. Was going to buy Strider on X! but that's free on PS+ in July.
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition looks good, I wish the PS4 had this on plus this month :(
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So next month we only have Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition on Xbox One since Max will stay on? They couldn't have just given us Outlast, like PS4 owners had? Disappointing... Especially since it was up in the Steam sale for just mere pennies... Oh well.

Gotham City Imposters is also pretty crappy for 360... considering it's an F2P title on PC anyway...
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    I think its been tough for them to choose which games to make free.

I could be wrong, but i think August will see the return of two free games a month as they have a lot more choice.

This week alone has seen the release of:

Sixty second shooter
    Valiant hearts
    Transformers:Rise of the Dark Spark
    Sniper Elite 3
    Another World 20th anniversary
    Zombie driver Ultimate edition
    Contrast
    Outlast

It seems the ID@xbox games are coming thick and fast so Microsoft will have plenty of choice.

I'd also expect a good offering of games in September when the xbox one launches in Japan as well as other markets, so maybe we'll see Ryse or Dead Rising 3 for free then?

Saying all this, it wouldn't have hurt them to give us two free games this month rather than recycle Max. Even if they put up Sixty second shooter (£2.99) or Fighter within (£7.77 from amazon) it would have been better than this. I can understand why some feel cheated as the '2 games a month' they quoted seems misleading.
  • SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gotham City Imposters coming in for a lot of unfair criticsm in my opinion. Its not a bad game at all when I played it, and I would consider FPS multiplayer as one of my favourite genres. It had better hit detection than any COD game since MW2 which automatically made it into my top 5 FPS on the 360.

If you can get by the cartoony graphics and you like FPS, you should have fun.

My one gripe was they made 2 of the weapons available through Microtransactions. Off the top of my head one was poor and one was good. But like any FPS a bit of teamwork will destroy any clown with a big gun.

Headshot tater tot.
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    So Darksiders II on 360 is available to download for free. Not bad at all! The excellent Darksiders is also 50% off.

There's some other great deals of 360 marketplace if racers are your thing, especially these:

Burnout Revenge
    Burnout Paradise
    NFS Hot Pursuit
    NFS Undercover

All around £5 each, online is still up and running too as far as I'm aware so hopefully this sale encourages new players. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Awesome. Picked up Burnout Revenge it's by far my favourite Burnout game. Had it on PS2 and early years of 360.
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still waiting for a game that I actually want to play on the X1, I have MAX the curse of brotherhood which is good, its the only game that's interested me since gwg started on X1.

I'm not complaining, just saying. PS4 is no better.

I think my PSN+ subscription will be left to expire this time around. It's slightly different with XBL GOLD, MS have always charged, so anything extra (however crap :p) is a bonus.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still waiting for a game that I actually want to play on the X1, I have MAX the curse of brotherhood which is good, its the only game that's interested me since gwg started on X1.

I think my PSN+ subscription will be left to expire this time around. It's slightly different with XBL GOLD, MS have always charged, so anything extra (however crap :p) is a bonus.

Yes, about time MS pulled their finger out. Really, with their new relationship with Ubisoft and AC, I expected Black Flag this month to go into Unity's release. But with the XB1 bundle with Black Flag and Unity, it seems very unlikely now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

My PSN plus expires next month and I've decided not to renew it. My XBL sub runs until December 5th 2016.

Nothing exclusive wise on PS4 that interests me, I haven't touched my PS4 in ages and have started to think about selling it.

Back on topic.
    They offer some good deals on Gold. Some games may be old but worth a punt with the discounts or free games with gold.
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Give darksiders2 the download treatment (while it's free) that's my advice! ... Absolutely fantastic game imo! 👍 (had the WiiU version) 😊
  • Yo Omars CominYo Omars Comin Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Guacamelee is pretty decent. Give that a go. It gets a lot more fun once you start to unlock new abilities.

But, yeah, the free games have been lacking. Chariot looks OK but I haven't had the time to even load that up yet.

If we get Crimson Dragon again next month I think I might just throw the Xbox out of the window.
  • TommyNookaTommyNooka Posts: 2,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Guacamelee is pretty decent. Give that a go. It gets a lot more fun once you start to unlock new abilities.

But, yeah, the free games have been lacking. Chariot looks OK but I haven't had the time to even load that up yet.

If we get Crimson Dragon again next month I think I might just throw the Xbox out of the window.

I was really enjoying this until I got to an annoying boss fight, where X'Tabay splits into 2 enemies both with shields requiring different moves to break.
    I gave up and haven't went back to it.
  • dave_windowsdave_windows Posts: 5,937
    Forum Member
    What do you mean Crimson Dragon again?

You mean its already been on the free games sale before?

Anyone know whats going to be out in November for free Games sale?

I really wish they would go back and put S1 of KI 50% off again as I didnt have a X1 then.
  • Yo Omars CominYo Omars Comin Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Crimson Dragon has been one of the free games for the past 3(?) months now.
    Forum Member
    Crimson Dragon has been one of the free games for the past 3(?) months now.

Why? Cant they give it some variety and have a different game on the sale?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why? Cant they give it some variety and have a different game on the sale?

Guess there just aren't enough games they're willing to give up for free at this point. PS+ offerings have been equally awful, although they haven't repeated any free games!

The next 3 months are so are the months they should be offering older AAA titles, though. Especially with the holiday season coming up. IGN did a nice article about how the XBO is looking more attractive in terms of price and bundles in the US, so Microsoft been to capitalise on this. A free game that is actually worth having would go down nicely for people torn between the two consoles...
  • Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    You'll probably get Fighter Within for free at some point, they can't even give it away.
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    Guess there just aren't enough games they're willing to give up for free at this point. PS+ offerings have been equally awful, although they haven't repeated any free games!

The next 3 months are so are the months they should be offering older AAA titles, though. Especially with the holiday season coming up. IGN did a nice article about how the XBO is looking more attractive in terms of price and bundles in the US, so Microsoft been to capitalise on this. A free game that is actually worth having would go down nicely for people torn between the two consoles...

Yep! ... It's a contest atm between sony & microsoft regarding who can fire out the crappest PS4 / X1 freebies! 💩 ... Hopefully microsoft will give deadrising3 away for xmas! ... Its a great starter for new customers imo! ... I loved it! 👍
    Forum Member
    Its understandable not wanting to give away retail games but they really need a bigger selection. They could easily put some of the better arcade games from the 360 onto the X1.

Flashback would have made a decent choice.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its understandable not wanting to give away retail games but they really need a bigger selection. They could easily put some of the better arcade games from the 360 onto the X1.

Flashback would have made a decent choice.

MS can't just port titles over to the Xbox One. That would be the developers responsibility. And it's costly and time consuming. I'd rather they work and invest in new titles then ports :)
    Forum Member
    I would have thought they would have had KI season 2 up for sale by now.
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    KI Season 2 has been up for sale for around two weeks...