John Cleese & Piers Morgan Twitter Feud!

pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,758
Forum Member
✭✭
It's rather funny, if not a little childish, but fun to read.

www.twitter.com/JohnCleese
www.twitter.com/piersmorgan

Comments

• day dreamerday dreamer Posts: 978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Piers Morgan is an attention seeking pillock and an all round nasty little man. John Cleese doesn't need to waste his time on someone so worthless.
  • CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good on Cleese.
  • PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with John, Piers is a vile person and best ignored.
  • Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    John Otto Cleese: I'm Sorry I'll Read That Again, Python, Fawlty, Clockwise, Fish....

Piers Morgan: Ermmm.....
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    John Otto Cleese: I'm Sorry I'll Read That Again, Python, Fawlty, Clockwise, Fish....

Piers Morgan: Ermmm.....

That series was hilarious! Cleese was brilliant in that.
  • egghead1egghead1 Posts: 4,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jimmy_reed wrote: »
    John Cleese has completely wiped the floor with Piers the phone hacker

the whole world needs to Retweet this guys tweet https://twitter.com/pinky300382/status/606920240459575296

Why? I assume tweet relates to Milly Dowler whose phone was hacked by News of The World,in which case has nothing to do with Piers Morgan as he was editor of Daily Mirror.
  • GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    egghead1 wrote: »
    Why? I assume tweet relates to Milly Dowler whose phone was hacked by News of The World,in which case has nothing to do with Piers Morgan as he was editor of Daily Mirror.

Morgan said in his book about how easy it was to hack phones. nothing to do with Milly Dowler. The mirror Group newspapers are heavily under investigation from those years. Cleese is right to deplore him as an Editor from when all these practices were pretty much standard practice.

Oh I just read the Tweet referred to, you are right, but I'll still leve my post there, because ya know.....
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bit of a cheap shot from Moron there, but whats new.

If he cant be done for phone hacking, how about being a smug git!

(Wonder what the full Python team would made of Moron back in the day!)
  • FishyFooFishyFoo Posts: 97
    Forum Member
    Lots of animosity for Piers on here. I personally quite like him. Must admit I used to think he was an odious middle-class knob-end but since recently following him on Twitter have ended up quite liking him. I find it refreshing in this day and age to find someone in the limelight that says what you believe and not what people want to hear. He does this and stands his ground. Would rather have him in my corner than the stuck-up-his-own-arse Cleese any day.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FishyFoo wrote: »
    Lots of animosity for Piers on here.

With good reason. He's disgusting.
  • Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With good reason. He's disgusting.

Care to give a few reasons rather then the catch all "He's disgusting"?
  • karapote monkeykarapote monkey Posts: 3,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cleese won this. He gave a much better and funnier response through out the argument.
  • PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Care to give a few reasons rather then the catch all "He's disgusting"?

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2014/02/24/everyone-hates-piers-morgan/
  • Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    Cleese won this. He gave a much better and funnier response through out the argument.
    One went to Cambridge University and the other went to Harlow College.

Guess which!
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder what started it off :confused:
    John Cleese ‏@JohnCleese Jun 5
    Piers is now asking when I'll be funny again.'It's been a long time" Answer : "Piers,when are you going to be talented. It's been a lifetime'

:D
  • egghead1egghead1 Posts: 4,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not particularly convincing.For the most part its someone with a chip on their shoulder against him hardly earth shattering.
  • GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    egghead1 wrote: »
    Not particularly convincing.For the most part its someone with a chip on their shoulder against him hardly earth shattering.

I am not an huge fan of Breibart, and much of that is specious Right-wing nonsense. Yet the Insider-trading, hacking phones and the dreadful fakes in his newspaper, at the time, are all there for everyone to see.

The man is an odious buffoon with not one semblance of a moral compass, nor any talent but brown-nosing and knowing scurrilous tittle-tattle.

Oh and the tiresome "he speaks his own mind" defence of course he does, because getting attention from saying controversial things is his career, just like Louise Mensch and Katie Hopkins it's all so tiresomely predictable.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For me the faking of pictures should have been enough to blacklist him from the world of journalism but he seems to get away with everything. Crazy that he's still not only able to work in that profession but that he's given such high profile positions.