L!VE TV starts test transmissions

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,794
    Forum Member
    Noooo!

L!VE now has some sort of teleshopping on, selling mobile phones. Please Live, stick it on in the morning or afternoon or middle of the night but not in Primetime!! :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87
    Forum Member
    after u have stroed the channel what number do u find it on ..

eg . sky sports news wud be on 408

cheers
  • Tumble weedTumble weed Posts: 8,200
    Forum Member
    Originally posted by Gooner_Man
    after u have stroed the channel what number do u find it on ..

eg . sky sports news wud be on 408

cheers
    It's not in the actual EPG till Monday but you can find L!VE TV by pressing Services then 6 & selecting y8em.
    :)
    Forum Member
    i do tht right and u click it to store the channel .. then when u come out u cant find the channel
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you tuning for the channel, then highlighting it and pressing yellow to place a tick beside the right hand side of the name of the station - "y8em" ???

then press services, 6 and y8em should appear. this is the process to select a channel that is not on the Sky Guide.
    Forum Member
    so then services, 6, u see the channel i click it then i can watch it rite ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah, have you went into services, system setup then add channels yet though to tune it in ?
    Forum Member
    am watching it now ! .. ty mate ..

now any other good channels like tht ?

cheers
    Forum Member
    L!VE looks ready to launch now, theres new adverts, they're all still for premium rate phone lines though (but its owned by a telecoms firm so thats fair enough!) theres also some new competitions, and I even saw News Bunny just before 9pm (During the Big Brother ad break of course!:)).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by Gooner_Man
    am watching it now ! .. ty mate ..

now any other good channels like tht ?

cheers

You can watch other ITV regions and other BBC regions (but these will be getting a EPG slot soon) but you can still only get ITV regions by tuning them in seperately.

also, you get some english language stuff on EDTV Sport and EDTV Business. someone must have the frequencies clsoe to hand.

also, you can add radio caroline and costcutter radio and moto (the roadside services radio station) via the add channels.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Just been watching some of L!VE TV - god I can't wait to have it back!!!

Caught News Bunny just before 10pm - had bits of his previous antics, then the presenter woman said "But there'll be none of that now - oh no, now we've got even less money" :D

Smash N Grab - banger racing on TV, darn good!! :)

Good luck L!VE TV - hope you can keep the teleshopping to a minimum, and you go onwards and upwards. Just watching via add channels - such a refreshing change from the usual stuff on sky. Yes, L!VE TV is corny. Yes it's cheap. But by god they know it, and it makes (or should make) for entertaining viewing come Monday :)

Good luck fellas (and News Bunny ;))
  • WhatadayWhataday Posts: 281
    Forum Member
    Originally posted by Mr_X
    hey newsbunny .....

if your looking for a new DOG for Live TV, then I would recommend the large purple exclaimation mark, in the top left hand side, with the words live going vertically down the large upper part of the exclaimation mark, and the words TV going horizontally across the dot part of the exclaimation mark. Oh and keep it purple - it's still part of the old image of Live TV.

and good luck :)

I always liked this DOG...

LIVEDOG.gif

which they used in 96/97/98. It's nice and simple and does its job.
    Forum Member
    "Phones Express" is on L!VE again now.

I don't mind it being on during the morning, but its the 7pm-8:30 showing that I don't like, as most people will probably discover L!ve TV during that time and when they see teleshopping they might associate it with Classics TV, You TV and the other cheap channels that fill their prime time schedules with teleshopping.

But, its not my channel and I suppose they need as much money as possible.:)

BTW - Topless Darts is now showing after 10pm :)
    Forum Member
    I just got a mention on Live TV's Weather!!!

They said hello to everyone at Digitalspy, especially Chris from Warrington, who said he couldn't wait to see the Weather in norweigan! Well, I don't remember saying that but its still nice to get a mention :).

Thanks L!VE.
  • GonzoTheGreatGonzoTheGreat Posts: 4,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So are they gonna be using any of the old presenters for the new stuff ? Anne Marie-Foss, Jo Mallin, Karen Roberts, Helen Gibson are all still around without anything major preventing them from coming back.

Gonzo
    Forum Member
    Originally posted by Chris E
    I don't remember saying that but its still nice to get a mention :).

I do remember saying it now, back on Page One.

Even though its really nice having a mention on L!VE TV i'll die if they show it when it launches, I don't really want my mates thinking I watch L!VE and talk about it online :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,855
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just got a mention on Live TV's Weather!!!

Yup! Saw it!

You are famous now! (Any chance of an autograph??)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,855
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    News Bunny, can I ask if it is true that L!ve were just breaking into profit when the Mirror pulled the plug last time round?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    News Bunny are you still seeing that Pink News Bunny she was nice :p

anyway all the best for the relaunch
    Forum Member
    Originally posted by daveyhairbear
    Yup! Saw it!

You are famous now! (Any chance of an autograph??)

Once i've got an agent :cool: ;)
    Forum Member
    what time is topless darts usually on ?
  • Radio RuderhamRadio Ruderham Posts: 13,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why dont you just ignore it? Is somone forcing you to watch it?

Digital TV's all about choice so if you don't like L!ve, don't watch it - simple as that.

Dear Chris you are of course quite right I should ignore it , BUT and there is always a but, If you had poo on your shoe you can try and ignore it.
    That is the way I feel about
    L!ve tv .... is crass to the extreme, it is an insult to people's intellect and reminds me of some cheap cable channel the septics would watch ,and we all know how stupid they can be. So why screen such nonsense. I am not a prude.I love things like double entendre even smutty jokes, But the people behind the station have for instance had A stuttering news reader, have put the case for compassion to the back of the playground which is where it in my humble opinion , L!ve tv should be.
    Yours Aye!!:cool: :D :cool:
    TCHUSS!
  • GonzoTheGreatGonzoTheGreat Posts: 4,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by Radio Ruderham
    L!ve tv .... is crass to the extreme, it is an insult to people's intellect and reminds me of some cheap cable channel the septics would watch ,and we all know how stupid they can be.

But the people behind the station have for instance had A stuttering news reader, have put the case for compassion to the back of the playground which is where it in my humble opinion , L!ve tv should be.

You feel it's crass to the extreme ? Well obviously we were fully aware we weren't making Mastermind but i don't think you could say that L!VE made anything more crass than the kind of thing that Friendly TV, Men & Motors, and any other number of cheap budget channels are making nowdays. It catered for the audience it had which was basically housewives in the day and frustrated lads at night. It did a heck of a good job getting the publicity it did, and of course the key to publicity is controversy and the programmes most talked about were probably the more crass ones but at the same time they were original ideas you couldn't see elsewhere that drew people to the channel and all the other programming.

Did you ever watch the channel much ? I'm guessing not, but we weren't all Topless Darts and Norwegian Weather Girls - there was programming like Why Files, which had a fairly large budget and around series 2 onwards was putting out an incredibly high quality show with special effects and graphics that were really groundbreaking for the time. Shows like Lie Detector, Indecent Proposals, Spanish Archer and many others were all original formats, ok they weren't terrestrial quality, but for the budget and channel i don't think they were that bad, especially as other channels have copied Proposals and commisioned Detector. Heck we even managed to do live news bulletins and outside broadcasts, crosses back to studio and got quite a few top name interviewees - can you see Friendly TV doing that ?

It was just good fun telly on low budget, something for everyone and i think beyond whatever circus the management were trying to create to get press at times the production teams were very creative and most of the decent people at the channel have moved onto bigger things.

Not sure who is answering as 'News Bunny' and whether they were at the channel before but i can't recall the Stuttering Newsreaders thing ever being piloted, i thought it was just an idea that didn't even need to be made to get the press it was designed to attract. If they do have something in the library fine but i think they'll shoot themselves in the foot if they put it out on air. The thing about L!VE was that the Mirror were continually putting pressure for the channel to get a high profile and with Kelvin as MD obviously he was gonna try all the tricks he learnt at "The Sun" and sure, compassion wasn't at the forefront of his mind, but with the NEW L!VE hopefully by being independant and now part of a small company and with less overheads and people fiddling they'll learn that sure you can use publicity stunts to attract people to the channel, but also with the good quality (for todays Sky Digital platform) programming that'll give people something different, and the Newsbunny gimmick as a figurehead for the channel they won't have to continue pretty much daily going to extremes just to get people watching. To be honest, i think gradually it'll happen and maybe they'll get to the point where they can start making original shows and things again.

L!VE is going to be better than most around the sky platform at the moment and to be honest, if you are looking for intellectual TV then the last place you should be looking is among the murky depths that is the back end of the SKY EPG. If you really want to outlaw cheap budget telly then i really think there are worse out there to start with than L!VE TV - most of the shopping channels and quiz/gaming type channels are awful, i'd rather have the original programming of L!VE.

GonzoThe Great
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    L!ve tv was cheap - there is no denying it. However, it was a breath of fresh air within the stinking stench of constant repeats and seen-this-before-on-terrestrial type of satellite/cable channels.

At least you can flick over to live and know everything is original. Also, there is a far greater audience this time around.
  • CaxtonCaxton Posts: 28,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, you are right Mr X, from what I have seen of Live TV, it's new and it's different. There is room for a channel like this and I would rather watch that than Big Brother showing nothing particular happening for days on end, or those endless chat shows, with the stupid brain dead e-mails -- tedium to say the least. Give the channel a chance at least it is trying to be different.