Take That Wembley E-mail : does this mean what I think it means?

edExedEx Posts: 13,460
Forum Member
✭✭
Just received this in my Inbox
Dear Ticketmaster customer,

This is an important email from Ticketmaster regarding your booking for Take That at Wembley Stadium, London, on 3 July 2011.

The Promoter and band have asked us to pass on the following statement:

"Dear Take That ticket holder

You successfully purchased tickets to see Take That at Wembley Stadium on Sunday 3 July. However this date is now not happening and has been re scheduled to a new date. This concert has been re arranged to take place on Thursday 30 June 2011 at Wembley Stadium and we have transferred your ticket to be valid for this new date. Your ticket will be sent to you as normal a couple of weeks before the show.

Please note that in order to accommodate an extra date at Wembley, it has been necessary to reschedule the planned show on Sunday 3 July to Thursday 30 June. The promoters apologise for the inconvenience this may cause but tickets remain valid for customers who have already bought them for Sunday 3 July and you do not have to do anything as your tickets will be automatically transferred to the new date. If the new date of Thursday 30 June is inconvenient, you are entitled to a full refund from your point of purchase. The offer of a refund is valid for 30 days. You will now be seeing the first Take That show at Wembley Stadium on the Progress Live Tour.

The band commented “We are really sorry to have to move the dates in London but we’d heard that there was a lot of disappointment from those not being able get tickets and this was the only way that we could fit in another show. We hope everyone understands and look forward to seeing you all next year.”"

If you require any further assistance, please contact us by clicking on: http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/h/help.html

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Kind regards,
Ticketmaster Customer Service Department

Are they seriously saying that they are moving my Sunday ticket to Thursday so that they can stick in another Take That date, on sale closer to the time and more than likely with increased ticket prices?

Seriously?

Comments

• TommyGavin76TommyGavin76 Posts: 17,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes they are saying exactly that.
  • edExedEx Posts: 13,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes they are saying exactly that.
    So basically everyone who had Sunday tickets are being shafted for pure greed.

Yeah, way to **** everyone off guys!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    edEx wrote: »
    So basically everyone who had Sunday tickets are being shafted for pure greed.

Yeah, way to **** everyone off guys!!

Yes, it's not on really. I think they'll take a lot of stick for this.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it is how it sounds then hopefully they take a lot of stick yes. They deserve to.

I'm doubting whether I even want to go now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 279
    Forum Member
    What happens to all the travel and hotels that people will have in place??

They should really of thought of the demand and arranged the original dates in an order so this couldn't happen.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LJJF wrote: »
    What happens to all the travel and hotels that people will have in place??

They should really of thought of the demand and arranged the original dates in an order so this couldn't happen.

If you've paid for something upfront you lose the money.

To be fair to them, it is already the highest selling tour in UK history.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What is to stop them just adding another date on Thursday then? I feel like I've been conned.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What is to stop them just adding another date on Thursday then? I feel like I've been conned.

Presumably because keeping it on the 3rd would mean them doing 6 consecutive nights.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    your still going.

don't be so ungrateful!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    james-dean wrote: »
    your still going.

don't be so ungrateful!
    Not sure if I am TBH. At least I can get a refund if necessary.
  • Star_BrightStar_Bright Posts: 11,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not sure if I am TBH. At least I can get a refund if necessary.

I'd get a refund if I were you.

Changing the dates for one gig so they can do another somewhere else. They're taking the piddle. If only all the people affected by this would cancel their tickets. Shaft them right back.
  • pixxyypixxyy Posts: 1,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    your still going.

don't be so ungrateful!

I don't think their being ungrateful at all, Lots of people might not be able to make the new date, plus lots have already booked hotels etc so will prob lose money
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pixxyy wrote: »
    I don't think their being ungrateful at all, Lots of people might not be able to make the new date, plus lots have already booked hotels etc so will prob lose money

Hopefully people will be able to change without losing any money, it is July after all........
  • alijalij Posts: 227
    Forum Member
    Another angry ticket holder here, could only go for weekend tickets as I work in a school and would have a fair distance to travel to any of the venues so was delighted to get Sunday tickets. Will most likely have to cancel now:cry:

They have added dates on Thursday (rescheduled) and Monday (new) I don't really understand their thinking at all
  • tangsmantangsman Posts: 3,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All get together and sue the promoter for breach of contract.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 283
    Forum Member
    your still going.

don't be so ungrateful!

Lol comments like this make me laugh!

They brought the ticket for that day, made arrangements and maybe can't go on a week day.

people are in their right to be pissed off.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    icehot69 wrote: »
    Lol comments like this make me laugh!

They brought the ticket for that day, made arrangements and maybe can't go on a week day.

people are in their right to be pissed off.

yes, but at least they're going.

i FAILED on that day getting tickets, as did many. For the sake of 4/5 days, it doesn't really matter. If they're that important, make new arrangements, or get a refund, i've got over not going.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    I to had tickets for the sunday. Yes im annoyed theyve swapped the dates as I wanted a weekend date due to working in school but I wanna go see take that so ill just have to work something out with work (got plenty of notice of the date change). Theres no good complaining now as whats done is done. As far as i can see theres only 2 options - reschedule plans for the 30th or get a refund!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    your still going.

don't be so ungrateful!

Do you realise that for some people getting to a concert can take a lot of time, trouble and money? There will be travel, hotels and sometimes time off work to think about.

I think Take That have shown disgusting greed by doing this to their fans, myself, and it's really bad that there doesn't seem to be any way people can stand up for themselves when things like this happen. It isn't right.
  • SupercellSupercell Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    It wouldn't have been so bad if they were swapping a weekday to a weekday but its a weekend to a weekday!

If they are that desperate to make a few more millions they should just suffer and do an extra gig on the Monday or put the extra date on Wednesday and keep Sunday.

The thing is they know most fans will just put up with it...
  • eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The band commented “We are really sorry to have to move the dates in London but we’d heard that there was a lot of disappointment from those not being able get tickets and this was the only way that we could fit in another show. We hope everyone understands and look forward to seeing you all next year.”"

If people have missed out on tickets, tough. I've lost count of the number of gigs I'd love to have been at but couldn't get tickets. Don't go messing around the current ticket holders. If you really are doing it for the fans, and not just a money spinning scheme, suffer for your art and arrange a second date without changing the first. Countless other bands do it.

If you're adding a second date for the London fans, are you doing a second date for the other cities you're playing as well? Surely it's not just because London is your biggest market, cos like you said, you're doing it for the fans, not the money.

[/cynical head off]
  • Stuart1000Stuart1000 Posts: 1,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd be more annoyed if I bought tickets for the first night of the tour in Sunderland only for them to add 2 more nights before!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If you're adding a second date for the London fans, are you doing a second date for the other cities you're playing as well? Surely it's not just because London is your biggest market, cos like you said, you're doing it for the fans, not the money.

[/cynical head off]

Eighth date ;)
  • SupercellSupercell Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    If people have missed out on tickets, tough. I've lost count of the number of gigs I'd love to have been at but couldn't get tickets. Don't go messing around the current ticket holders. If you really are doing it for the fans, and not just a money spinning scheme, suffer for your art and arrange a second date without changing the first. Countless other bands do it.

[/cynical head off]

There are 4 more dates all together - two more for Sunderland one Manchester, one London - However, only the London one has required shifting a concert that's already been booked up
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    soundstory wrote: »
    Hopefully people will be able to change without losing any money, it is July after all........

What does that mean?:confused: