Options

Stupid girl out this evening

Comments

• Options
    Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe she desn't feel the cold. My grandad could walk around in shorts and a t-shirt in weather like this.

The other week I saw a bloke clearing snow in a Men in Black vest. :D

Yesterday I saw another in shorts, socks and sandals :D:D
  • Options
    MenkMenk Posts: 13,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The other week I saw a bloke clearing snow in a Men in Black vest. :D

Yesterday I saw another in shorts, socks and sandals :D:D

Do you label these men 'stupid' too?

Or just the women?
  • Options
    whackyracerwhackyracer Posts: 15,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Menk wrote: »

Or just the women?

Well he didn't deem them worthy enough to be a subject of a thread!:D
  • Options
    Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Menk wrote: »

Or just the women?

Yeah they're not very bright either. Forgotten about them because it was cold but not THAT cold when I saw them.

if anybody cares.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 138
    Forum Member
    Yeah they're not very bright either. Forgotten about them because it was cold but not THAT cold when I saw them.

if anybody cares.

how can you call people stupid by their choice of clothes
  • Options
    Terry WigonTerry Wigon Posts: 6,831
    Forum Member
    Jackie45 wrote: »
    how can you call people stupid by their choice of clothes

Well, I wouldn't think it's the mark of a genius going out in these temperatures dressed as the OP described.

Clothes are generally won as identity and expression as well as protection from the elements. In this weather though, keeping yourself warm and safe is surely a priority and common sense.

As another poster said, it's Darwin's law of survival, but while the idiots would succumb to the cold in the wild, the NHS patches them up to pose at another bus stop for another day. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 138
    Forum Member
    Well, I wouldn't think it's the mark of a genius going out in these temperatures dressed as the OP described.

Clothes are generally won as identity and expression as well as protection from the elements. In this weather though, keeping yourself warm and safe is surely a priority and common sense.

As another poster said, it's Darwin's law of survival, but while the idiots would succumb to the cold in the wild, the NHS patches them up to pose at another bus stop for another day. :D

kids dont tend to do safety, they only seem to prioritise that when they grow up and have kids of their own
    I know I regulary say to my daughter that she needs to put a coat on as she will freeze...she justs rolls her eyes at me :D
  • Options
    Biffo the BearBiffo the Bear Posts: 25,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just got in, and there were plenty of plucky, brave young ladies in Nottingham who were doing their best to dress for the pleasure of us men.

I think it's a mark of their commitment to attracting men that they're willing to go to such lengths, and I take my hat off to them.
  • Options
    Terry WigonTerry Wigon Posts: 6,831
    Forum Member
    I've just got in, and there were plenty of plucky, brave young ladies in Nottingham who were doing their best to dress for the pleasure of us men.

I think it's a mark of their commitment to attracting men that they're willing to go to such lengths, and I take my hat off to them.

Well that's only fair considering what they have omitted wearing for your visual delectation and pleasure! :D
  • Options
    Constant PMTConstant PMT Posts: 3,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not all that shocked to be honest. Even when I was early 30's when I went out at night drinking I didn't feel the cold.
  • Options
    Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    If girls are prepared to make the effort to look attractive and put up with some discomfort then good luck to them IMO. :)

If I was a teenage girl with a decent body I'd probably want to show it off as much as possible in all weathers too.
  • Options
    A321A321 Posts: 6,363
    Forum Member

if anybody cares.

No, not at all.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking attractive is just not important enough to me to neglect comfort and health and that. I'll wear a dress which isn't the most comfortable thing in the world and then I'll pile layers on it to wear until I get somewhere indoors. I hate seeing girls tottering about the streets in open spiky heels and mini dresses, shivering and squealing periodically. They just look so vulnerable and fragile and one minor incident away from being a damsel in distress or something. I think it takes more confidence and security to wear something decent and warm.
  • Options
    LisaB599LisaB599 Posts: 2,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its simple really..firstly we cant be bothered carrying the coat around from pub to pub once inside and they invariably get stolen when you take your eye off them and also we cant be bothered to queue in the scrum for our coats in the cloakroom at the end of the night in the club, as by the time you'ved queued for 20ins/half an hr to get your coat and get outside, all the taxis are gone.

Having said that i dont get on buses ill get a taxi with friends we go out the taxi into the pub, most of the pubs are grouped together so its a few mins walk between them if that and then into the club at the end, we're probably out in the cold for mins at a time, unless we're late to the club and end up que'ing but even some of the clubs have put portable heaters outside for the queues now.
  • Options
    Constant PMTConstant PMT Posts: 3,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LisaB599 wrote: »
    Its simple really..firstly we cant be bothered carrying the coat around from pub to pub once inside and they invariably get stolen when you take your eye off them and also we cant be bothered to queue in the scrum for our coats in the cloakroom at the end of the night in the club, as by the time you'ved queued for 20ins/half an hr to get your coat and get outside, all the taxis are gone.

Having said that i dont get on buses ill get a taxi with friends we go out the taxi into the pub, most of the pubs are grouped together so its a few mins walk between them if that and then into the club at the end, we're probably out in the cold for mins at a time, unless we're late to the club and end up que'ing but even some of the clubs have put portable heaters outside for the queues now.

Yeh that makes sense. I remember losing the ticket for the cloakroom once at a nightclub. Had mine & 3 friends coats in there, took me a week & a few phone calls to be able to get them back :(:o
    I dont think I bothered taking one after that.
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me and everyone else on the bus then. You should have heard the comments "does her mother know she's gone out like that" "she'll freeze to death" & so on.

Seriously though does anyone really think it is OK to go out dressed like that on a freezing night?

Well I'd say it was their call. If they want to risk hypothermia, it's up to them. Free country and all that.
  • Options
    Keyplayer2010Keyplayer2010 Posts: 2,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's -6 tonight.

I saw two girls aged about 19 going out tonight. One of them had a satin leopard print mini dress on with no straps. She had sandals on, no tights and no coat or jacket.

I have no idea what the other one was wearing because I was so gobsmacked at the first one.

Personally i don't see what the problem is :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    Si_Crewe wrote: »
    If I was a teenage girl with a decent body I'd probably want to show it off as much as possible in all weathers too.

I'd just stay in, stay warm & check myself out in the mirror ;)

Honestly though the older i get the less clothes the teenagers seem to wear.
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's -6 tonight.

I saw two girls aged about 19 going out tonight. One of them had a satin leopard print mini dress on with no straps. She had sandals on, no tights and no coat or jacket.

I have no idea what the other one was wearing because I was so gobsmacked at the first one.

Surprised you didn't tell us what colour her knickers were, seems you were studying her for the entire journey tutting under your breath thinking 'God just wait until I get home and start a thread about this'. Did you take a photo?

It's called having fun on a night out. Are you so old and miserable that you can't even remember doing that at their age? I can remember many a night stood outside a club waiting for a taxi freezing my balls off because I'd gone out without a coat. Didn't do me any harm.

Yes if they got stranded waiting for a bus for two hours then it was a stupid move but I'm sure they knew what they were doing. It's times like this you need to remind yourself what having fun means.
  • Options
    KJ44KJ44 Posts: 38,093
    Forum Member
    It's -6 tonight.

They're from Newcastle. They build 'em like they used to build ships. Rock hard.
  • Options
    cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I must admit i went out dressed like that in my late teens/early 20's in freezing weather! I 'd have a jacket though! Wellies don't look so great in nightclubs! :D
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm more appalled by the notion of a satin, leopard print minidress :eek:
  • Options
    KJ44KJ44 Posts: 38,093
    Forum Member
    cavalli wrote: »
    I'm more appalled by the notion of a satin, leopard print minidress :eek:

I just Googled it. :o

Maybe that was not a good idea :eek:
  • Options
    draig gochdraig goch Posts: 1,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You know you're getting old and past it when instead of thinking "Phwoar !" you think "Silly cow, she'll catch her death !"
  • Options
    JC_GTA2010JC_GTA2010 Posts: 2,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It frustrates me when people don't dress for the weather, I don't expect everyone to out in loads of layers, but shorts and sandals and short sleeved shirts is ridiculous, considering the temperatures are forecast as low as -20 in some parts!