Options

Sky World News 5-6am

steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
Forum Member
✭✭
The most pointless disjointed hour of news I have seen pointless jingles and so disjointed and a look at the front pages of bizarre newspapers from around the world including a Spanish newspaper whose front page is a model who has upset some Christians in some remote area of Spain.

After watching this I have no idea what the main news is.

Why don't they just have a normal hour of news instead of this.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "And now for the stock prices from Zanzibar ..." :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    steveh31 wrote: »
    The most pointless disjointed hour of news I have seen pointless jingles and so disjointed and a look at the front pages of bizarre newspapers from around the world including a Spanish newspaper whose front page is a model who has upset some Christians in some remote area of Spain.

After watching this I have no idea what the main news is.

Why don't they just have a normal hour of news instead of this.

I hope this is a subtle beginning of a return to proper programme strands on the channel.
  • Options
    Gordie10Gordie10 Posts: 2,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is strange, I must admit. You forgot the weird bit in the final 30 seconds or so of the hour, where they show "the images of the day" accompanied by the Sky News muzak. :rolleyes:

It's almost like they're trying to do a bit of PSB during that hour. :confused:
  • Options
    madnutter0102madnutter0102 Posts: 484
    Forum Member
    I've said it before + i'll do so again, from midnight till 6am the only highlight is lukwesa burak (sp) when shes on of course :)
  • Options
    am1969am1969 Posts: 311
    Forum Member
    Better to watch Linzie Janis and Caroline Hyde on Bloomberg TV at that time in the morning. Or Rebecca Meehan on CNBC.
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    am1969 wrote: »
    Better to watch Linzie Janis and Caroline Hyde on Bloomberg TV at that time in the morning. Or Rebecca Meehan on CNBC.

She's on Capital Connection isn't she? I've never seen that show as it's on too early in the morning for me but I see the adverts all the time and of course being the resident CNBC expert helps :p She's an ok presenter I think (from what I have seen of her).
  • Options
    am1969am1969 Posts: 311
    Forum Member
    She's on Capital Connection isn't she? I've never seen that show as it's on too early in the morning for me but I see the adverts all the time and of course being the resident CNBC expert helps :p She's an ok presenter I think (from what I have seen of her).
    I think she is on CC. She's on Squawk Box Europe. I think she's a great presenter myself. Did you know she's a Triathlete?

http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=1661134308
  • Options
    Digi DanDigi Dan Posts: 988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I maybe stating the obvious here, but Sky World News / Business Report isn't aimed at a UK audience...

Agree about Lukwesa :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmRt2P9TUiE
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    am1969 wrote: »
    I think she is on CC. She's on Squawk Box Europe. I think she's a great presenter myself. Did you know she's a Triathlete?

http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=1661134308

I've seen her on ads for CC but has she been on it in a while? Haven't seen Squawk Box Europe in a while either as I'm never up early enough. When I was going to school I used to watch 20 minutes of Euro Squawk Box in the mornings. I never knew she was a Triathlete :o Maybe you should post that link over on the Appreciation thread, there may be some interest there :)
  • Options
    thelostonethelostone Posts: 2,697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gordie10 wrote: »
    It is strange, I must admit. You forgot the weird bit in the final 30 seconds or so of the hour, where they show "the images of the day" accompanied by the Sky News muzak. :rolleyes:

It's almost like they're trying to do a bit of PSB during that hour. :confused:

sky NEWS did that on SUNRISE some years ago I think?