why is parks and recreation on bbc4

12346»

Comments

• JoooeJoooe Posts: 8,660
    Forum Member
    I really hope we do get some news from the BBC about season 3 onwards.

Might just have to watch it online if they wait too long. I didn't expect it to be as good as it is.
  • DejaVoodooDejaVoodoo Posts: 5,764
    Forum Member
    Joooe wrote: »
    I really hope we do get some news from the BBC about season 3 onwards.

Might just have to watch it online if they wait too long. I didn't expect it to be as good as it is.

Yeah, it's gold. Definately worth checking it out. Good news about Season 6 for P&R.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 436
    Forum Member
    just as long as the bbc announces the news soon. Rather wait for the UK broadcast than to watch it online.
  • mizhogmizhog Posts: 970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i just came back from seeing aziz ansari ( tom from parks) he was hilarious...if u get a chnce see him live
  • HypnoaliHypnoali Posts: 3,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is my favourite current comedy by a country mile. Good to know there are lots more eps to be found online, though would rather watch it on TV.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BBC4 will see a decrease in viewership I'm sure what with people who discovered this show on the BBC either buying the region 2 boxsets which will be releasing soon of seasons 3 and 4 or they'll acquire the rest of the episodes through other means.

It would have been a good idea to just keep airing the show past season 2
  • MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    Gulfam1 wrote: »
    BBC4 will see a decrease in viewership I'm sure what with people who discovered this show on the BBC either buying the region 2 boxsets which will be releasing soon of seasons 3 and 4 or they'll acquire the rest of the episodes through other means.

It would have been a good idea to just keep airing the show past season 2

But isn't that the way will ALL US imports in the UK unless episodes air in the UK shortly after transmission in the US? The ratings go down because so many people who really like the show they just discovered on UK TV go and download the remaining episodes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes but the BBC could have countered that problem by continuing airing the show, especially as they knew that the DVD releases for seasons 3 and 4 are scheduled for July and August. So now not only will they possibly lose viewers who might download the remaining episodes, but people also have a legal option to watch seasons 3 and 4 on DVD
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    The Season 1 and 2 release aren't for a couple of weeks from now. Making this argument pointless, as following your logic the BBC should have waited until after the DVD release, and then restarted showing.

Also, I don't think this is the kind of show were viewership will increase. It might be able to pull a Family Guy, but I doubt it...
  • john176bramleyjohn176bramley Posts: 25,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've cracked and started watching season 3 online.:o

Episode 4 is possibly the funniest episode I've seen so far.:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mizhog wrote: »
    i just came back from seeing aziz ansari ( tom from parks) he was hilarious...if u get a chnce see him live

Why would anyone wish to indulge (let alone tolerate) someone who has no talent, and within Parks and Recreation, simply occupies the vulgar "Monster of the Week" caricature,
  • Davetherave70Davetherave70 Posts: 553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DariaM wrote: »
    Why would anyone wish to indulge (let alone tolerate) someone who has no talent, and within Parks and Recreation, simply occupies the vulgar "Monster of the Week" caricature,

Nothing like respecting others opinions:yawn::rolleyes:
  • SteelEdgeSteelEdge Posts: 6,903
    Forum Member
    DariaM wrote: »

If you don't like the show or Aziz Ansari who plays Tom, what are you doing in this thread?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 436
    Forum Member
    Caved in and started watching S3 on Netflix. Loving it so far. Will undoubtedly rewatch them if BBC decided to show it too.

I also watched Aziz' Dangerously Delicious standup hour on Netflix too. It was quite good and had its moments :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Season 1 and 2 release aren't for a couple of weeks from now. Making this argument pointless, as following your logic the BBC should have waited until after the DVD release, and then restarted showing.

Also, I don't think this is the kind of show were viewership will increase. It might be able to pull a Family Guy, but I doubt it...

I don't understand this, why would the BBC need to wait till after the season 1 and 2 DVD releases before they started showing season 3?
  • zippy00zippy00 Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    Can anyone help please, I've subscribed to netflix for the free month trial, but for parks and recreation and melissa and joey the other series I planned to watch it says it's unable to stream. I've seen posts on ds that people are watching them on netflix so what am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any help :)
  • MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    zippy00 wrote: »
    Can anyone help please, I've subscribed to netflix for the free month trial, but for parks and recreation and melissa and joey the other series I planned to watch it says it's unable to stream. I've seen posts on ds that people are watching them on netflix so what am I doing wrong?

Parks & Rec is available on the American version of Netflix, not the UK one. Now some Brits who have the UK version say there is some kind of technical trick that can be used to access all of the content of the American Netflix, but I have no idea what that is.
    Forum Member

If you're watching on Xbox 360 then I can help. You need to change your network settings. If you're on 360 let me know.
  • zippy00zippy00 Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    Thanks steeledge, but no I'm using a kindle and my DD is using an ipad. We do have a Wii though and see that it might possible to change settings using that so will have a go.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    Gulfam1 wrote: »
    I don't understand this, why would the BBC need to wait till after the season 1 and 2 DVD releases before they started showing season 3?

They wouldn't, I thought earlier on somebody had suggested they wait till the DVDs release, so new people might becomes interested. I must've misread it...
    Forum Member
    Thanks steeledge, but no I'm using a kindle and my DD is using an ipad. We do have a Wii though and see that it might possible to change settings using that so will have a go.

No idea how to change the settings on either of those, sorry :(
  • catinabasketcatinabasket Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have a look at this http://cabbagedan.com/2013/02/27/how-to-watch-american-us-netflix-from-the-uk-and-australia-and-canada-too/
    I have just signed up for a week's free trial with Unblock-US, all I had to do was change the DNS settings on my Panasonic bluray player ( they tell you what to do on the equipment you are using to view Netflix). This tricks Netflix into thinking it is in the US, and I shall watch all the Parks and Recreation eps in the week's free trial before committing to paying $4.99 per month.