Options

Good Morning Britain - ITV

Comments

• Options
    groovesectiongroovesection Posts: 605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree ^^
    GMTV version 3.0 is even worse than GMTV version 2.0 (codenamed Daybreak)
    ITV are f-ing clueless, why are they so obsessed with viewing figures for a Breakfast show? It beggars belief, Even if GMB was a roaring success they would only have about 1 million viewers, the audience is just not there and not interested in 1D, Simon Cowell or ITV's latest reality tripe!
  • Options
    JetsonJetson Posts: 13,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    John Stapleton brings some added authority, whilst seeming very comfortable! Nice seeing a different combo on the panel.

It's almost as fun as reading all the losers who don't watch the show bitching about it on here at about 4pm! :D
  • Options
    LucaLuca Posts: 1,646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If this was game of football, Reid would make a convincing Conference centre-back. Flattering to deceive as she glided out of defence with the ball, moving up the pitch to then place a precision twenty yard pass to the striker to score.

Sell her on for a huge fee to a Championship team and you'd suddenly she her misplacing passes, caught for pace and soon to be dealt with by means of a free transfer to Walsall.

I am not making the point that the BBC is the 'Conference' and ITV 'The Championship' in terms of programme quality. I am saying that the presenter skills demands of sitting on a BBC sofa alongside Uncle Bill, given safe, soporific interviews with eager to please yoghurt knitter types, or celebs with a product to flog is an absolute piece of cake compared to the thinking on your feet, non(ish)-PC, Freddie Starr walking out on you world of commercial television. For me, Reid just can't cut it in that environment and never will be able to.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice metaphor, although it can be more succinct:
    Reid was over rated and it's starting to show..
  • Options
    LucaLuca Posts: 1,646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice metaphor, although it can be more succinct:
    Reid was over rated and it's starting to show..

You're absolutely right.

I should have just said she's a rubbish footballer.
  • Options
    Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kate Garraway will be back next week if the viewing figures do not improve drastically this week :)

"Shut the door" on your way out Susanna lol

Kate is scheduled to be on later this week actually, sitting in for Charlotte.
  • Options
    MasterjonboiMasterjonboi Posts: 1,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    God if people don't like the show don't watch it and don't complain! No one is forced to watch it!
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    God if people don't like the show don't watch it and don't complain! No one is forced to watch it!

Just to clarify - You want even MORE people to stop watching this ongoing disaster??? At this rate ITV should be grateful people dislike it so much they watch, at least some of it, to be able to hate on it in an informed way!! :D

I watch this in the same way I watch London Live - Incredulous that this mess is actually airing and I`m not just hallucinating it.
  • Options
    GeorgeSGeorgeS Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    In your rush to reply, you missed the words "might possibly"

Yes and you might possibly be my aunt. Not very likely though. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GeorgeS wrote: »
    Yes and you might possibly be my aunt. Not very likely though. :p
    :D:D:D

We need a "I'm actually laughing" smiley - funnily enough you would be the poster who got it from me a lot!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andy23 wrote: »

Jesus Christ, that woman has survived again, she annoys me MORE than Miss Reid.

I flicked over a few times this morning, at the exact time I switched over John Stapleton was asking viewers to email/tweet "smells which evoke memories"
    at this point he read out an email from someone who said "freshly cut grass"

That's some investigative journalism right there! I bet the 'Beeb' are shitting themselves :)
  • Options
    Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    Andy23 wrote: »

Yep, Kate does Thursdays as of this week, give me her over John Stapleton any day! :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Kate Garraway will be back next week if the viewing figures do not improve drastically this week :)

"Shut the door" on your way out Susanna lol

Susannah is looking mighty fine today, even sitting next too Charlotte.;-)
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sunny B wrote: »
    Susannah is looking mighty fine today, even sitting next too Charlotte.;-)

If you like orange women with a forehead like a Klingon, yeah...She`s hot.....
  • Options
    cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jesus Christ, that woman has survived again, she annoys me MORE than Miss Reid.

I flicked over a few times this morning, at the exact time I switched over John Stapleton was asking viewers to email/tweet "smells which evoke memories"
    at this point he read out an email from someone who said "freshly cut grass"

That's some investigative journalism right there! I bet the 'Beeb' are shitting themselves :)
    To be fair, I think Breakfast did something similar a few months ago asking for people's favourite sounds.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    At least the Breakfast crowd should be happy, an old man sat next to Susannah.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cylon6 wrote: »
    To be fair, I think Breakfast did something similar a few months ago asking for people's favourite sounds.
    Doesn't matter; it was on Breakfast so it was perfectly acceptable.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    James J wrote: »
    Doesn't matter; it was on Breakfast so it was perfectly acceptable.

I know I hate on ITV quite a lot but I also hold the BBC with the same contempt and disdain, in fact even more so due to the tax they levy regardless if you watch/listen to any BBC content
  • Options
    jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do not no whybratings have to come into a show which starts at 6am, people who watch the show are gonna only flit in and out.

Andi Peters is a 6 week thing isnt it, but I wouldnt be surprised, if Keith Chegwin, doesnt end up doing some summer thing.

Inalways thought Sean eould be the first one gone, Ben can do the sports news.
    Nice surprise to see John this morning, he is a heavyweight newcaster,
  • Options
    Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just noticed today that Lorraine Kelly's new logo is similar to the 'Game Centre' icon on the iphone!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still enjoying GMB. It really is no different from Breakfast in terms of content, (same news repeated continuously) it just has 2 more presenters nad is a bit more lively. Shows how boring everyone is really
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So GMB is getting low viewing figures because everyone is "boring".......It is the viewers fault :p
  • Options
    cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bob.cryer wrote: »
    I'm still enjoying GMB. It really is no different from Breakfast in terms of content, (same news repeated continuously) it just has 2 more presenters nad is a bit more lively. Shows how boring everyone is really
    One person's boring is another person's professional. And one person's lively is another person's inane.
  • Options
    GeorgeSGeorgeS Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭