What do staff do to annoy you ?

fhs man 2fhs man 2 Posts: 7,591
Forum Member
lets hear it the other way round

what do staff do annoy you ?

lets hear some stories

ok heres one when in coffee shops the staff keep you waiting for you coffee to chat to each other

come what do they do to get under you grill (it sounded alright in my head)

by staff i mean people that work at shops etc think of this at the complete opposite of the what do customers do to annoy you thread

Comments

• PaparazzoPaparazzo Posts: 6,155
    Forum Member
    When librarians act like they are Gods.
  • missy83missy83 Posts: 14,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My helicopter pilot was once 5 minutes late.

That pissed me off....hence no bonus for him this Christmas.
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Being a retail worker, the only thing I can think of is putting the receipt in your hands, and then piling the change on top... but that happens only in some places.
  • fhs man 2fhs man 2 Posts: 7,591
    Forum Member
    Paparazzo wrote: »
    missy83 wrote: »
    My helicopter pilot was once 5 minutes late.

That pissed me off....hence no bonus for him this Christmas.

more more

i have one when staff change the facts on the rival thread
    did they really happen maybe the staff have something to hide
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Paparazzo wrote: »

OMG they so do.

I had to complain because they kept not taking my loans of the system.

They had the gall to say that I should check they've come off myself.

If they did their job properly I shouldn't have to check.

All they are is jumped up check out servers.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They had the gaul to say that I should check they've come off myself.

They hired a frenchman just to tell you that? :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    horns wrote: »
    They hired a frenchman just to tell you that? :eek:

Meant 'gall'.
  • crazychris12crazychris12 Posts: 26,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was waiting to have some wine authorised in Tesco last week at the self-scan tills and the woman watching over them was casually chatting to a colleague. I said "excuse me" to her twice and she said rather rudely "I heard you the first time" Now my time's precious so they should do their job instead of chatting.:mad:
    Forum Member
    I was waiting to have some wine authorised in Tesco last week at the self-scan tills and the woman watching over them was casually chatting to a colleague. I said "excuse me" to her twice and she said rather rudely "I heard you the first time" Now my time's precious so they should do their job instead of chatting.:mad:

i hate that
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes, and if she did hear you the first time then she should have at least acknowledged you.

There are too many people like that now a days, they need taking down a peg or two.
  • Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They don't rush up to me when I enter the store, and assure me that my custom is much valued.

The don't take my list and find me every item on it, while simultaneously serving everyone else and filling shelves.

They don't show enough deference to my wonderful self, as I am a customer and therefore sacrosanct in their eyes. After all, I pay their wages, so they should run about after me.

Some of them even want to get home on time, and resent staying late to serve me! How dare they have lives apart from serving me, which must surely be the highlight of their little day!
  • LushnessLushness Posts: 38,158
    Forum Member
    I got a very loud sigh because I dared to ask for a ten pence bag, and the look she gave me. I let her know that I did not appreciate it.

Another one is when they finish scanning everything through and they just sit there and not say anything. Yeah I know the display screen is there but it's still nice for the cashier to confirm the amount...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Salv* wrote: »
    Being a retail worker, the only thing I can think of is putting the receipt in your hands, and then piling the change on top... but that happens only in some places.

Yeah, I hate that. Give me the change back first so I don't have to switch my hands to put two or more bags in one hand, separate the money from the receipt, put the money away in my wallet, and shove the receipt in a bag.

I worked retail in the past, so I sit on the fence with it. I absolutely cannot stand when the shopkeepers are pushy and come up to me to ask "Are you alright?" Think I need a doctor when I'm reading the back of something? I'll soon ask nicely when I actually need assistance thanks. I know they're usually told to do this, but it irks me.
  • Dunce-2007Dunce-2007 Posts: 6,452
    Forum Member
    Lack of eye contact when you're at the counter ready to pay.
  • CyanidePillCyanidePill Posts: 365
    Forum Member
    Too much politeness.

I respect the mechanics of a transaction, but don't make like we're friends.
  • user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Claire's Accessories. They must be working on commission because I've barely got my feet over the threshold and they have a basket in my hand and are telling me about all the wonderful special offers I don't need but they want me to buy. It's the same with I get to the till. I can't just pay and leave, they have to again point out all the specials offers I can avail of. It's also very over priced and I tend to not go in there anymore.
  • Nuartey1Nuartey1 Posts: 2,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When they ask you out. :rolleyes:

Having such a problem with at least 2 of the staff members of my local Tesco express.
  • Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Too much politeness.

Oh, good grief! They can't win, can they? Might as well give up now!
  • A321A321 Posts: 6,363
    Forum Member
    I hate it how they tell you to move away from the women's changing rooms.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,446
    Forum Member
    Too much politeness.

Too much politeness?! I wish you'd been a frequent shopper where I used to work, sounds like I wouldn't have to have made too much effort at all :D
  • Nuartey1Nuartey1 Posts: 2,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A321 wrote: »
    I hate it how they tell you to move away from the women's changing rooms.

lol perv :D
  • CyanidePillCyanidePill Posts: 365
    Forum Member
    Oh, good grief! They can't win, can they? Might as well give up now!

What's wrong with just doing your job efficiently?

I'm buddies with the guys in my local delhi, but that happened slowly. they ignored me, but stared at the pretty girls, for ages until a moment of natural conversation arose.
    Too much politeness?! I wish you'd been a frequent shopper where I used to work, sounds like I wouldn't have to have made too much effort at all :D

It is my pleasure to be a trouble free customer :)
  • Manly BarrilowManly Barrilow Posts: 1,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No. 1 - "Would you like/Do you have..." Some promotional line or card that they seem to act like it's actually normal to have and want and that it's you who are bloody stupid if you reject it.

No. 2 - Putting the receipt on top of the notes and then the coins on top of that when handing you back your change. How can you separate that lot when one hand is holding open the wallet and the coins go into a different section to the notes and receipt don't go in there at all! And all before you have even finished packing the bags!

No. 3 - Rushing you by starting on the next customer whilst you are still packing your bags and left holding a load of cash and receipts that you have to put away.

No. 4 - Fake and false small talk: Like they are vaguely interested in me as much as I am in them. I expect and want prompt efficient service that is just long enough to deal with me without rush but no longer.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,446
    Forum Member
    It is my pleasure to be a trouble free customer :)

Where were you the two years I worked in retail? :(

(I agree with your initial point though - I love Lush, but the minute you're in the shop the staff are all over you like you're best friends and wanting you to sample things. I just want to browse!)
    Forum Member
    i have a problem with holister

1 - all there staff are good looking (they only hire good looking people) which makes it awkward :(

2 - when you go into the shop they say hey and if do not reply you feel like a pratt but if you reply you look like a pratt :(