The Killers Appreciation Thread

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,014
Forum Member
✭✭✭
this is just a thread appreciation the greatness of The Killers

anyone going to see them on tour? i tried to get tickets to the O2 but they had gone by the time i got there,

whats your favourite album, song or lyric,

(im just bored so i thought id start it)

anyway enjoy

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    seriously nobody here likes the killers?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 414
    Forum Member
    This is my kind of thread.

Love Hot Fuss.

Mr Brightside is amazing.

Sam's Town was good.

Sawdust was good.

Day and Age is fantastic.
  • If_U_Seek_AmyIf_U_Seek_Amy Posts: 3,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love the killers and I'm totally in love with Day & Age!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    same, i love day and age,

sams town just edges it though,
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I will be seeing them at the O2 next month - Feb 24th. Can't wait! I am most looking forward to seeing how the songs from Day & Age sound live - especially Dustland Fairytale, Spaceman and I Can't Stay.
  • Tel69Tel69 Posts: 26,966
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hera wrote: »
    I will be seeing them at the O2 next month - Feb 24th. Can't wait! I am most looking forward to seeing how the songs from Day & Age sound live - especially Dustland Fairytale, Spaceman and I Can't Stay.

I'm going to see them the night before you. Love all their albums but I'm not getting Day & Age at all and hope it's a blip for them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the more you listen to D&A the moer you like it,

i must say when i first heard it i thought, no what have they done, moved away from their rockier feel, but i have to say im likeing it,

i just wish they would do a gig at Wembley Stadium,

they need to do more dates in london, :D
  • Love BearLove Bear Posts: 35,754
    Forum Member
    I got into the Killers because I saw Nicky Wire on telly banging on about how great they were. How right he was.

I couldn't believe they weren't British, the sound was British and edgy.

I got Hot fuss and it never left my cd deck for several weeks. Mr Brightside is an amazing track. Sam's Town, although good, didn't send me like HF did - it took awhile to grow but it is very good.

Now I have a problem with Day and Age - I keep repeating Spaceman, it is awesome!!

Brilliant band.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tel69 wrote: »
    I'm going to see them the night before you. Love all their albums but I'm not getting Day & Age at all and hope it's a blip for them.

You're like my b/f. He loves Hot Fuss and Sam's Town but he's not warming to Day & Age as much as he would like to. I think hearing the songs from the new album live will probably have a different affect and you may like the album better. Well i hope so for my b/f's sake. :p

Enjoy the show anyway! :)
  • Nicola37Nicola37 Posts: 2,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yay my favourite band!:D

I'm going to see them on tour too and I'm so very excited. I was so amazed I managed to get tickets because the websites and phonelines went into meltdown:eek: As time ticked away to about 9.10am I was losing hope until Ticketmaster finally offered me Sheffield tickets. In a mad panic I COMPLETELY forgot my password and on my final attempt before lockout I got it! I swear I had sweat pouring down my face:o

My boyfriend is not convinced by them at all and doesn't seem in the least bit excited to be seeing them, I don't think he realises what a priveleged position he is in, in having a ticket! I'm confident by the time the gig is over he WILL be converted!

Mr Brightside and All These Things will always hold a special place in my heart but my most played Hot Fuss tracks are Jenny and Midnight Show!
    I wasn't sure about 'Sam's Town' for ages but after seeing the tracks live on tour I loved it. 'This River is Wild' is my favourite!

As for Day and Age again at first I wasn't sure but I have pretty much grown to love most of it by now. I absolutely adore 'A Dustland Fairytale' and 'Joyride' and of course 'Spaceman':D.
    Have seen some pictures from the video and I think its going to be a crazy affair! It's going to be released to US music networks on Friday apparently.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nicola,

can i have that ticket,:D:D

lol, but anyway i have to say my favourite tracks are When you were young, and Read me mind,

they are both so awsome!!:p

does anyone know if on their tour they will do all the tracks from the new album, do they play some of the old great tracks like Mr Brightside, and when you were young

that would be so great:D
  • Nicola37Nicola37 Posts: 2,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nicola,

can i have that ticket,:D:D

lol, but anyway i have to say my favourite tracks are When you were young, and Read me mind,

they are both so awsome!!:p

does anyone know if on their tour they will do all the tracks from the new album, do they play some of the old great tracks like Mr Brightside, and when you were young

that would be so great:D

I think there would be a riot if they didn't play Brightside:D
    When I went to the 'Sam's Town' tour in 2006, they played a lot of that album but all the old favourites so yes they definitely do the 'oldies', they never do EVERY track from the new album and normally throw in a few covers too:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ok, i have never been to a music gig before so im not so sure about the setlists and things
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    where do you think the best place to see them is?

and is there any chance of them doing what coldplay did and lining up an extra date anywhere in london?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    does anyone know what time their gigs end?

i have always wonderd cause i have never been to one
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 288
    Forum Member
    I saw them at Reading Festival last year and I think they're amazing.
    I love Mr. Brightside and All These Things That I've Done... They're new albums ok... But I prefer the other two, definitely.
    I'm totally jealous of all of you going to see them soon!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just saw a link at the top advertising tickets for the O2 gig at £96 each and the minium is 4,

damn expensive these gigs,

shame i am not rich,

arggghhh, i dont think i can wait till the next time they come and do a gig in London!
  • Juan Carlos AraJuan Carlos Ara Posts: 5,742
    Forum Member
    Their last sound remains me to The Cars a lot.

Especially their new single Spaceman.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ?:confused:

advertising bump
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yay!! Hello fellow victims!! Can I join this thread. I adore The Killers. I'm going to see them in Glasgow in March, I cannot WAIT!! Also my friend works for the promoters, so there's a small chance I might get backstage!!
  • Adam DAdam D Posts: 5,124
    Forum Member
    Me too :D

Sheffield in 13 days :D

Love Dustland Fairytale, Spaceman and a few others of the new album. Plus Human of course. Found some setlists from gigs they have recently done in america and got the tracks so playing them non stop at the minute :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I absolutely adore The Killers and am luuky enough to be going to see them in Milan in March!!!! :D I soooooo can't wait!

I loved Hot Fuzz, wasn't so keen on Sam's Town but am seriously digging the new album. Favourite tracks are Spaceman, Human and of course Joyride...such a funky song!

The new video for 'Spaceman' is funny!
  • Hutchy_MuseHutchy_Muse Posts: 7,080
    Forum Member
    I absolutely adore The Killers and am luuky enough to be going to see them in Milan in March!!!! :D I soooooo can't wait!

I loved Hot Fuzz, wasn't so keen on Sam's Town but am seriously digging the new album. Favourite tracks are Spaceman, Human and of course Joyride...such a funky song!

The new video for 'Spaceman' is funny!

It's Hot FUSS, I cannot stress that enough people, Hot FUSS :D:D:D

Anyway, gonna see them @ The Odyssey Arena, Belfast on Saturday. CANNOT wait :D

Anyone know the setlist?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Anyone know the setlist?

My apologies :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Anyone know the setlist?

I've been trying to avoid looking at the setlist (i want the whole show to be a suprise) but one of relative who lives in the States so them a few weeks ago and he said they play around 19/20 songs - a good mixture from all 4 records but he did tell me that they started the show off with Spaceman and ended the encore with When You Were Young. It may be different for the European concerts.

I am seeing them on Tuesday. 6 days to go!!! Cannot wait! :D:cool: