Android overtakes Apple's iOS in tablet market share

Comments

• Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    Must say I've just tried the App Store on my iPhone 4 over wifi and its fine, pics take a little time, nut other than that its ok.
  • SnowStorm86SnowStorm86 Posts: 17,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As a user of both Android and iOS devices, I personally prefer iOS. It is nicer to look at and less complicated than Android. That for me is what matters the most. I'd get an iPhone however they are too damn expensive, therefore I will continue to use Android. I suspect I am not alone in this mindset: Wanting iOS, but having to settle for the cheaper, inferior Android.
  • TheCloakroom99TheCloakroom99 Posts: 431
    Forum Member
    kidspud wrote: »
    I don't know what you mean by its only a web page. It is an app:confused:

Its HTML5 so just a web page wrapped in app form.

Terribly slow on an iphone 4.
  • paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I personally prefer iOS. It is nicer to look at

You won't be pleased with the changes then.... Ive is redoing it to something that looks more modern. Quite a polish apparently.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I suspect I am not alone in this mindset: Wanting iOS, but having to settle for the cheaper, inferior Android.

:yawn: the ol' "people buy android because they can't afford iphones" argument. Very out of date.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    paulbrock wrote: »
    :yawn: the ol' "people buy android because they can't afford iphones" argument. Very out of date.

*shrugs*

It's true for me.
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally hate ios on kids itouches. My android just feels slicker and fresher. Just personal opinion though. Maybe the phones are better than the touches though. From using thiers and mine id most likely stick with android next time around.
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kidspud wrote: »
    I don't know what you mean by its only a web page. It is an app:confused:

The interface is nothing more than a webpage, and is probably HTML 5 from apple servers. The fact its an app is even more surprising that it kills the UI responsiveness.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As a user of both Android and iOS devices, I personally prefer iOS. It is nicer to look at and less complicated than Android. That for me is what matters the most. I'd get an iPhone however they are too damn expensive, therefore I will continue to use Android. I suspect I am not alone in this mindset: Wanting iOS, but having to settle for the cheaper, inferior Android.

What is this bollox you talk of?

I can afford anything i want, but the fact is iPhones are cheap as chips now a days even chavs on street corners have them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What is this bollox you talk of?

I can afford anything i want, but the fact is iPhones are cheap as chips now a days even chavs on street corners have them.

Not on PAYG they're not.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 238
    Forum Member
    I've used many Andriod tablets from cheap under £100 ones to £200 models, one was an unknown make and the other was Samsung Tab 2, having used them for a couple of days the cheaper unknown model was by far better than the Samsung, browsing the Internet was fine on both but playing big games like Temple Run or Subway Surfer they both struggled massively, slow loading, very laggy during gameplay and just spoilt the game, then my father in law bought me an iPad 4 and wow what a difference, slick, no lag on anything even Fifa 13 or Real Racing 3 play perfectly. I know that there is a massive price difference but what that extra money gives you is so worth it. In my opinion a lot of people think whatever they have is the best and slag off the rest no matter what, I'm very lucky to have been bought an iPad but having used both Android and iPad I will say iOS is just so much better, smoother, slicker and just more grown up. Android seems very messy, clunky, laggy and looks cheaper. If I had not got my iPad I would still be on Android dreaming of the day I could afford to walk into that Apple shop.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Temple Run and Temple Run 2 run completely lag free on the Nexus 7. I suggest if you're considering a Samsung Tab 2 as the top end of Android tablets you're missing the point.
  • PPhilsterPPhilster Posts: 1,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The interface is nothing more than a webpage, and is probably HTML 5 from apple servers. The fact its an app is even more surprising that it kills the UI responsiveness.

I have no issues with iTunes on my iPad 4. I have no idea why you think that just because an app is connectd to he Internet it is somehow simply a "web page" disguised as an app.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *shrugs*

It's true for me.

Hang in there. Much cheaper and different models of iPhones are coming soon.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 238
    Forum Member
    Temple Run and Temple Run 2 run completely lag free on the Nexus 7. I suggest if you're considering a Samsung Tab 2 as the top end of Android tablets you're missing the point.

7 inch screen's are far too small, just as well spend more on a top end phone. Basically I've been totally put off ever getting Android due to having the best tablet on the market, really puts Android to shame. Anyone who argue's differently has never experienced the massive gap between the two.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You won't be pleased with the changes then.... Ive is redoing it to something that looks more modern. Quite a polish apparently.

He is simply laying out some interface guidelines. Ive is a not a software developer, graphic designer or computer programmer. Those are the people that will actually be "redoing" it.
  • alan1302alan1302 Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    matt15+ wrote: »
    7 inch screen's are far too small, just as well spend more on a top end phone. Basically I've been totally put off ever getting Android due to having the best tablet on the market, really puts Android to shame. Anyone who argue's differently has never experienced the massive gap between the two.

Why would I want to spend more on a phone with a smaller screen when I want a bigger screened tablet and not a phone? :confused:

I have used both Android and iOS and like both of them - certainly no massive gap though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alan1302 wrote: »
    Why would I want to spend more on a phone with a smaller screen when I want a bigger screened tablet and not a phone? :confused:

I have used both Android and iOS and like both of them - certainly no massive gap though.

There most certainly is a "massive gap" between the iPads and Android tablets, and on quite a few levels.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    matt15+ wrote: »
    Anyone who argue's differently has never experienced the massive gap between the two.

Have you ever used the Nexus 10? I have. Now that's a massive gap... but then anyone daft enough to claim that a single tablet is 'the best' as if its definitive is most likely just trolling anyway.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PPhilster wrote: »
    He is simply laying out some interface guidelines. Ive is a not a software developer, graphic designer or computer programmer. Those are the people that will actually be "redoing" it.

and anyone who is a fan of the current look of iOS will be in for an unpleasant surprise. Surely even the most hardened fans like yourself will agree it will benefit from an update though?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have no issues with iTunes on my iPad 4. I have no idea why you think that just because an app is connectd to he Internet it is somehow simply a "web page" disguised as an app.

iPad 4? Did you not read my post? :confused:

Are you saying the AppStore is not HTML5 then?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There most certainly is a "massive gap" between the iPads and Android tablets, and on quite a few levels.

Not in my experience. Would you care to describe them? How is the multiuser iPad coming on?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you ever used the Nexus 10? I have. Now that's a massive gap... but then anyone daft enough to claim that a single tablet is 'the best' as if its definitive is most likely just trolling anyway.

Well, on many levels the iPad is obviously the best.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, on many levels the iPad is obviously the best.

At least describe them otherwise your just trolling. I've already told you one that the Nexus10 has that iPad doesn't.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    and anyone who is a fan of the current look of iOS will be in for an unpleasant surprise. Surely even the most hardened fans like yourself will agree it will benefit from an update though?

You don't know me well enough to say I am a "most hardened fan."

Since you have no idea what iOS will look like you can't say iOS fans are "in for an unpleasant surprise." That's makes no sense.