Poor old Gail!

2»

Comments

• lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would have to disagree to a certain extent with that blue colbalt. He said some absolutely horrible things to her, in the middle of the street too! Plus he used her for somewhere to stay when he hurt his back, until he did that he had every intention of leaving her. Look at the way he smashed up her place of work too looking for his drugs! He has really said and done some horrible things to her over the time they've been together.

I know that Joe can't be compared to a multi-murderer (:D) but I think that Hillman always loved her, if anything he loved her too much and wouldn't have done what Joe did - he just tried to drown them all in a 2ft canal instead! :eek::D But I hope you know what I mean.

I think that Martin is the one that didn't intentionally hurt Gail even though he did when he messed around with that nurse!

But Joe? I honestly think if he didn't have all those money problems he wouldn't be with Gail. He's with her because he's got nothing else/better and that's horrible. He's a user in my honest opinion and I don't like him one bit (though I think the actor's good, especially in those shouting scenes last night - looked very mean!).
  • blue_cobaltblue_cobalt Posts: 6,602
    Forum Member
    lotty27 wrote: »
    I would have to disagree to a certain extent with that blue colbalt. He said some absolutely horrible things to her, in the middle of the street too! Plus he used her for somewhere to stay when he hurt his back, until he did that he had every intention of leaving her. Look at the way he smashed up her place of work too looking for his drugs! He has really said and done some horrible things to her over the time they've been together.

Have to disagree about Joe using Gail. He even spent a couple of weeks sleeping in a lockup to save the embarrassment of her knowing he was homeless.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have to disagree about Joe using Gail. He even spent a couple of weeks sleeping in a lockup to save the embarrassment of her knowing he was homeless.

Yeah, but I think he's used her since. But maybe I'm biased because I just don't like him :D

We'll agree to disagree eh?

Do you like Joe and if so why? (if you don't mind my asking and all that!). I just don't like him, even without everything he's done I wouldn't like him. It's one of the those ridiculous irrational dislikes!! :D
  • blue_cobaltblue_cobalt Posts: 6,602
    Forum Member
    lotty27 wrote: »
    Yeah, but I think he's used her since. But maybe I'm biased because I just don't like him :D

We'll agree to disagree eh?

Do you like Joe and if so why? (if you don't mind my asking and all that!). I just don't like him, even without everything he's done I wouldn't like him. It's one of the those ridiculous irrational dislikes!! :D

He is by no means one of my favourite Corrie characters but I don't dislike him. What annoys me about him is how fast he recovered from his bad back and how he moans about being in debt but has an expensive boat in the driveway. Compared to the many characters I dislike such as Jesse, Kelly, Mary, Pam, Theresa, Fizz, Chesney, Sean etc etc he isn't that bad at all!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He is by no means one of my favourite Corrie characters but I don't dislike him. What annoys me about him is how fast he recovered from his bad back and how he moans about being in debt but has an expensive boat in the driveway. Compared to the many characters I dislike such as Jesse, Kelly, Mary, Pam, Theresa, Fizz, Chesney, Sean etc etc he isn't that bad at all!

Not forgetting his miraculous recovery from drug addiction! :D

And why hasn't that loan shark fella noticed he's got a boat which must be worth a tidy sum? Surprised he hasn't taken it like he did Joe's van.

And why oh why is Joe not going to the police? And why has Gail not told him to? These kind of things really annoy me with Corrie. They're obviously basing the storyline on what's been in the news about loan sharks but are we meant to believe that the news stories completely bypassed Gail and Joe?!