Entourage Season 8 (US/UK Pace) [Spoilers MUST be in tags!]

dannyb0yukdannyb0yuk Posts: 2,939
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I just realised I haven't made a thread for the very last season of Entourage! It began last night for the US pacers and will be shown on Sky Atlantic the very next evening (Mondays).

As such, the way this thread will work is simple- it's very easy for both paces to use this thread as long as the UK pacers understand to avoid the thread on a Monday! Then, once the episode has aired over here on Monday night, the thread is fair game for all discussion!

Usual thread rules apply- once it has aired on TV at any pace, it's fair game for open discussion. Discussion of anything spoiler-related, including promos for the following episode, must be kept in spoiler tags. This way, the thread can easily service all viewers.

Only eight episodes for this short final season, how's it all going to turn out?

UK viewers, the premiere will air tonight at 10:40pm on Sky Atlantic.

Comments

• dannyb0yukdannyb0yuk Posts: 2,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No Entourage viewers on DS anymore then? lol :p

I'm glad that Vince's addiction problems don't appear to be an issue anymore- I really can't see how they could reintroduce it in a meaningful way with only seven episodes to go, anyway. Unfortunately, a few lines in this episode were just awful- I think that was more a problem with the actors' deliveries though... The guy talking to Vince when he was leaving rehab and the girl talking to Turtle who said she would have had a threesome with him and Alex- both struck me as really, really bad.... Speaking of Alex, is she going to be written out now then? I don't know if she's due back, but it wouldn't surprise me at this point. I'm not sure what the focus is meant to be now, besides Ari trying to get his wife back and Vince trying to get his TV film idea going. It's nice to have it back, but I hope there's a better sense of direction next week.
  • SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member
    I have loved this show from the start, but I felt a bit "meh" at last night's episode. It all seemed a bit tired and strained. Johnny being super OTT, Turtle too slim (:D), Vince non charismatic and Eric a whiney bitch!

Of course I shall watch it to the end and hoping that it improves.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    I thought it was a good first episode. They had loose ends to tie up, which I think they did well and then they had to move on with the story. I think the focus of these season will be them all growing up and moving on and away from Vince.
  • isabelle304isabelle304 Posts: 467
    Forum Member
    I too enjoyed this return episode. I am glad to see Billy Walsh is still around as he is one of my favourite characters. Hope Sloan and Eric are definitely over - I'd hate to see them get back together (again!) because we've been there done that and it was getting boring.

Looking forward to the season but a bit sad it's the last one.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 387
    Forum Member
    the scene with Vince giving the lecture about everyone treating him normal just didnt work imo, was cringe if anything.

also, why are Sloan and Eric broken up? is it because of the prenupt or because he did a coup of Sloans godfathers business? maybe i missed something :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 308
    Forum Member
    angeldust wrote: »
    the scene with Vince giving the lecture about everyone treating him normal just didnt work imo, was cringe if anything.

also, why are Sloan and Eric broken up? is it because of the prenupt or because he did a coup of Sloans godfathers business? maybe i missed something :o

I'd say probably both! He didn't want to sign a pre-nup and she was furious with him for usurping her godfathers business.

I thought Vince's "share" speech in the re-hab facility was completely fake sounding, and I thought whilst watching it that he's only saying it to get out. Obviously, I was wrong about that, but he didn't deliver it with any real sincerity, IMO.

I think this season will probably show each of them finding their own indepependance away from Vince - or at least that's what I hope. I would like to see each of them do well. I also think that it will end with Vince's carear going stellar - but with him in control of it this time. I also think that Ari (my favourite character - the foul mouthed git!) will win back his wife, and find it deeply touching that despite everything he has and the lifestyle he enjoys, he truly loves her and had never been unfaithful to her. His "mistress" is his business, but even that is all for her and his children. I thought the look on his face when she told him that she was seeing someone else was really telling - he played a blinder there.

I love this show - and I'm really gutted that this is the final season.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,191
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excited about this actually. Always loved Entourage. Casted well and Sloan is so hot. She is so beautiful. But favorite character is Ari.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it was a good start to the season. Loved Drama making sure there was no alcohol or anything for Vince to take in the house. I can't help but want Eric and Sloan to get back together. Great acting as always from Jeremy Piven when Ari's wife told him that she was seeing someone. Vince is still an asshole and after all this time I still don't care one bit about Turtle. I really hated Scott last season but I like him now.... And the end scene was good too :)
  • GeeMan1973GeeMan1973 Posts: 893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought this ep was a bit Meh! Still love it, and am I the only one that now thinks that when Entourage finishes there should be a branch off series called Ari? He's by far the most intereting and completely at ease with the character.
    Out of the four main guys, Turtle has always been ok if a bit one dimensional. Johnny has always been the true star, but the sidekick schtick is boring now. Eric is quite possibly the most annoying and unsympathetic character of the lot. And Vince has never convinced as he doesn't have the X factor or star quality to pull the role off.
    I've loved it for the overal fun and witty and sharp script. But it's looking a bit tired now. What can they really do in 6 episodes lasting 25 minutes? Not much is the answer.
    More Lloyd and Ari please.
    Forum Member
    GeeMan1973 wrote: »
    I thought this ep was a bit Meh! Still love it, and am I the only one that now thinks that when Entourage finishes there should be a branch off series called Ari? He's by far the most intereting and completely at ease with the character.
    More Lloyd and Ari please.

I would totally watch that show! Ari is definitely the funniest character - and a show about an agency would be just as entertaining, and could easily have all the special guest slots that Entourage currently enjoys. It would also have the scope to have loads of different sub-plots, so I really hope that this is an idea that the producers have considered.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is Sasha Grey still in the series?
  • SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member
    Is Sasha Grey still in the series?

Not sure, but her ahem, "other" screen appearances are available if you know what website to go to;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, so good to have the boys back. Had really missed this show.

Weird seeing Scott Cann in this role again having been watching him in Five-0 for the past few months. I like how he brings a sarcastic funny edge to both characters.

Also, damn Sloane looked nice. As ever.

Really quite looking forward to and dreading how this season will pan out and how they will end the show.
  • StillTryingSE25StillTryingSE25 Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    Not watched this show before but it's been advertised a lot so thought i'd give it a go. And i've been watching Scott in Hawaii Five O so thought i'd see what he was like in this.

As my first episode i quite enjoyed it. Is it the series worth a catch up anyone?
  • Martin BlankMartin Blank Posts: 1,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not watched this show before but it's been advertised a lot so thought i'd give it a go. And i've been watching Scott in Hawaii Five O so thought i'd see what he was like in this.

As my first episode i quite enjoyed it. Is it the series worth a catch up anyone?

Go back to the beginning and watch from the start. So many funny FUNNY times. I have to be honest, mostly due to Ari.

THE character Jeremy Piven was born to play.

I dont know if it's on purpose but Adrian Grenier (sp?_ is a sh*t actor. Really really bad.

...Turtle's lost some weight hasn't he?
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    turtle is lean now lol
  • GeeMan1973GeeMan1973 Posts: 893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shame no-one seems to be watching/posting on this series.

It's gearing up to a great finale. It has been a bit of a happy ending feel about it, but have so enjoyed every second. It's not as good as earlier series, but Entourage is still fab in my book. It's one of the few shows that I can detest 2 of the main characters but still love the show.

I'm so hoping for an Ari and Lloyd spin-off.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still watching but haven't been posting as the interest hasn't been there from DS members over the last couple of seasons. To be honest, I don't really think I'm going to be satisfied with the final episode as there's plenty of stuff up in the air and I don't think it's going to be the greatest of send-offs... I would have at least liked an hour long series finale, but nope- not even that!
  • SuperbeastSuperbeast Posts: 1,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sloan dating around even though she knew she was pregnant and moving to NY makes NO SENSE.

I'm still wondering if Johnny forgot he's got a bar back in NY he bought into, you'd think losing the Johnny Bananas gig would have had him worrying about losing the bar too.

Ari fixing his marriage, Sloan getting back with Eric, Sophia sleeping with Vince, Drama's show getting hit ratings and Turtle settling the deal on the property seem set in stone unless they really expect the TV audience to support Entourage movies which, given their inability to end any storylines (how many times has Johnny worried about being out of work? How many times have Sloan and Eric fell out? How many businesses has Turtle started up by now? Manager to Saigon, Lim-hoes, the Avion promotion, now Don Pepy's? Seriously, the reason you aren't successful is YOU DON'T STICK TO DOING ANYTHING FOR LONGER THAN SIX MONTHS! Oh well, he'll get in anther relationship that ends up turning long distance and getting dumped, AGAIN. Oh, Vince's having an crisis of conscious/ego issue related to a woman, YET AGAIN. Hello, Mandy, Hello Sasha. We wrote you out and gave your role to Alice Eve.) I don't expect anyone to turn up for a two hour Entourage movie without walking out going "I seriously have to wait for years for any closure at all? Come on".

The series should have ended when season 5 ended, with Eric and Vince patching up their problems after Vince gets the Scorcese role and Johnny buys the bar. Everything since then has been really repetitive.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was a limp finish, if I'm honest. How many times has Entourage done the 'everything's worked out great for everyone, yay' angle? As I feared from the start, eight episodes wasn't really enough to flesh out any new stories properly and it was a case of concocting a few dramas (Johnny and the strike, Turtle and being dumped/new business, E and Sloan (not even a new storyline :D), the Ari split and of course Vince and Johnny's movie/the new girl) AND resolving them all in the space of two thirds of a usual Entourage season... It was never going to work out too well and as a result, the big send off just seemed unrealistic- even by Entourage standards. It was almost like the writers just said 'f*** it, we can do whatever we want now!'

I love the show and will enjoy going back and watching the whole lot one day but this final season just served no real purpose except to give all the characters a happy ending. To be honest, the lack of interest on here for the show over the last two seasons (21 posts in this thread, 4 of which are mine) says it all. This once great show has faded and quietly disappeared into retirement. A shame really- although in this day and age we have to be thankful if a show even gets a chance to finish properly....
  • String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I will miss it.:cry::cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 387
    Forum Member
    dannyb0yuk wrote: »
    That was a limp finish, if I'm honest. How many times has Entourage done the 'everything's worked out great for everyone, yay' angle? As I feared from the start, eight episodes wasn't really enough to flesh out any new stories properly and it was a case of concocting a few dramas (Johnny and the strike, Turtle and being dumped/new business, E and Sloan (not even a new storyline :D), the Ari split and of course Vince and Johnny's movie/the new girl) AND resolving them all in the space of two thirds of a usual Entourage season... It was never going to work out too well and as a result, the big send off just seemed unrealistic- even by Entourage standards. It was almost like the writers just said 'f*** it, we can do whatever we want now!'

I love the show and will enjoy going back and watching the whole lot one day but this final season just served no real purpose except to give all the characters a happy ending. To be honest, the lack of interest on here for the show over the last two seasons (21 posts in this thread, 4 of which are mine) says it all. This once great show has faded and quietly disappeared into retirement. A shame really- although in this day and age we have to be thankful if a show even gets a chance to finish properly....

agreed. this was my sentiment throughout this whole season. as for the finale - i thought the whole 'Vince getting married after 24 hours' storyline was implausible and diabolical. and also the whole 'everyone gets a happy ending' - dissapointing ending to an otherwise strong series as a whole
    Forum Member
    angeldust wrote: »
    agreed. this was my sentiment throughout this whole season. as for the finale - i thought the whole 'Vince getting married after 24 hours' storyline was implausible and diabolical. and also the whole 'everyone gets a happy ending' - dissapointing ending to an otherwise strong series as a whole

Agreed over here too. Was great, but season 8, not so much. Will still miss it though - especially Ari. Anyone else think a spin-off is likely after that little bit after the credits?
  • The Icon V2The Icon V2 Posts: 563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i only started watching this about 3 weeks ago, and i watched all 8 Seasons, so its all pretty fresh still for me.

Ari is by far my favorite on the show, i love his out bursts. and it was nice to see him and his wife work things out.. or will they? i would quite like to see a spin off with Ari & Lloyd too.

very entertaining show all round though :)
  • SuperbeastSuperbeast Posts: 1,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All the women in this show, who previously were depicted as career focused independent rich women with their own social lives, suddenly turned into submissive idiots willing to risk everything for men who have proven to be unreliable and selfish time and time again. I really hope Alice Eve made a decent wage on this because it was a waste of her talent giving her such a decent set up as a character and then turning her into someone willing to throw in their career for a fling with a movie star, something she established she did not do because her job and professional rep were everything to her even if Vince was used to sleeping with everyone he met. They wrote themselves into a corner and then basically smashed a window to get out of there rather than write anything at all relatable or sensible.

I stand by my view they should have ended after season 5. That wrapped up the way the show should have went out, as opposed to this unbelievable junk of a finale.