Dexter Season 7 (US Pace) [Spoilers MUST be in tags!]

Comments

• dannyb0yukdannyb0yuk Posts: 2,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SteelEdge wrote: »
    All sounds good stuff, but no mention of Louis and the Ice Truck Killer hand? I'm really interested to see where they go with that!
    I'm pretty sure I read that this will be featuring in as soon as the first episode, so don't worry on that front!

So glad the 30th has almost arrived, it's going to be a horrible wait for the final season though- much like Breaking Bad :cry:
  • c4rvc4rv Posts: 29,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All sounds good stuff, but no mention of Louis and the Ice Truck Killer hand? I'm really interested to see where they go with that!

So am I but not seen any further info about Louis.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not going to get to watch until tonight, can't bloody wait! Any first impressions?
  • brettriotbrettriot Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    dannyb0yuk wrote: »
    Not going to get to watch until tonight, can't bloody wait! Any first impressions?

It was brilliant, I'm not going to ruin it for you, but let's just say 'oh my god' at the end of the episode.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brettriot wrote: »
    It was brilliant, I'm not going to ruin it for you, but let's just say 'oh my god' at the end of the episode.

Spoilers don't particularly worry me, but since I'm mere hours away then I'll avoid the thread for the rest of the day :D
  • SteelEdgeSteelEdge Posts: 6,903
    Forum Member
    Solid first episode, with a great 'Well, the sh*t is really hitting the fan now!' ending! Jennifer Carpenter has improved SO much from Season 1, such a great actress.
  • PalmerwhoPalmerwho Posts: 1,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dannyb0yuk wrote: »
    brettriot wrote: »

To echo above, it was excellent. You really wonder how they were going to approach Deb finding out, Dexters response and how she'll react. Your reaction will be **** me, no way at the end of this episode.
  • Nikki E.Nikki E. Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have nothing new to add to the discussion. I can only echo the opinions of the posters above.

Solid first episode; with quite a few 'sharp intake of breath' moments.
    Forum Member
    Bit sad about Mike, I thought he had potential as a decent character. Was hoping they'd bump off Quinn instead and have Mike as his replacement.

But yeah, like others have said, a very solid opener. Fine performances from Michael and Jennifer, especially and the beginning and end of the episode. Looking forward to seeing what happens with Laguerta and the blood slide too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's Lewis's deal? Cancelling Dexter's cards. What's that about?
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    What's Lewis's deal? Cancelling Dexter's cards. What's that about?

I liked the way they fooled us into thinking Dexter was running away because he had been caught by Debs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked the way they fooled us into thinking Dexter was running away because he had been caught by Debs.

I was thinking we had a Breaking Bad style opener (Showing a close to last scene of the season finale in the season opener)
  • SquiggleSquiggle Posts: 2,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bit sad about Mike, I thought he had potential as a decent character. Was hoping they'd bump off Quinn instead and have Mike as his replacement.

But yeah, like others have said, a very solid opener. Fine performances from Michael and Jennifer, especially and the beginning and end of the episode. Looking forward to seeing what happens with Laguerta and the blood slide too.

The one person that I want to see get dealt with is LaGuerta. She's a manipulator and a lousy cop. She'll do anything to advance her career. At some point she has to pay for her duplicity.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved the Dex and Deb stuff, but the airport scenes.. wtf? As if he'd be doing that right then!!!

The last scene was amazing, from the second Dexter walked into his apartment I don't think I took a breath until the end credits!
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    poppycat wrote: »
    The last scene was amazing, from the second Dexter walked into his apartment I don't think I took a breath until the end credits!

You and me both :)

I started off the episode feeling a little disappointed they didn't get to the big revelation sooner, but in the end i didn't care because it worked out so much better !

The boyfriend of the nanny is intruiging though, wonder if that's going to go anywhere ?
  • Virtual PaulVirtual Paul Posts: 4,651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was fully expecting them to do the big reset to unwind the end of last season, with Debs getting amnesia or something. :rolleyes:

So glad they've finally moved things on. That last scene was jaw dropping.

Debs is looking mighty fine too. Divorce (in real life) must agree with her. When she was sat in the car with the sunglasses on thinking things through. Cooler than Brad Pit and certainly better looking. :D
  • MissDexterMissDexter Posts: 1,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great season opener.
    Fast paced, intriguing, exciting.

Glad to see them follow through and not cheat their way out of it. I really got the feeling this is the beginning of the end.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well that was most satisfying. That's what I call a payoff- that brilliant, brilliant ending to the premiere is where everything we've been through in the show to date paid off. Obviously that's only my opinion- but I think that for many people, Deb finally discovering Dexter's secret has been what they've been waiting for all the way along. I think that's why a lot of people were so disappointed at the end of Season 5, so near and yet so far!

It has been teased many times before and Deb has come tantalisingly close in the past, but now the truth is out and it's such a gamechanger that you can't help but feel excited about what's to come in these final 23 episodes!!! I'm not sure why so many people are confused about Louis though? It's been clearly established that there's something going on and that he knows about Dexter's ties to the Ice Truck Killer. We also know that Dexter spurned his attempts to connect last season. What we don't know is: how he knows, exactly what he knows, what he wants, whether the other intern Ryan was involved (I'm thinking not, at this point) etc... It's clearly going to go somewhere, it's just tough to speculate where... I've read one theory which could potentially have substance:
    Someone suggested that perhaps he could be the son of Brian Moser, making him Dexter's nephew... I'm not sure if the ages fit or not though.

Cannot bloody well wait for next Monday!
  • DeccomajorDeccomajor Posts: 462
    Forum Member
    Just watched the opening episode, wow is all i can say, i wont go into facts about the episode as it's been covered by other posters but i cannot wait for next weeks episode.
  • c4rvc4rv Posts: 29,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can someone explain how the ice truck killers hand ended up in the apartment at the end ? I thought Lewis had it.

When debs was going through the evidence box I thought she was going to notice it was missing.
    Forum Member
    c4rv wrote: »
    Can someone explain how the ice truck killers hand ended up in the apartment at the end ? I thought Lewis had it.

When debs was going through the evidence box I thought she was going to notice it was missing.

Lewis mailed it to Dexter, but Travis found the package when he was at his Dexter's apartment in the Season 6 finale opened it and put it on top of the fridge. As far as I'm aware, Dex hasn't seen it yet.
  • stripedcatstripedcat Posts: 6,689
    Forum Member
    Wow. I have got to say that it was a very strong first episode - but then again so was season 6's - and look how that season ended up! Disappearing up its own backside. Fingers crossed that it doesn't happen this season.

Loads of stuff to be setup for this season. It does look quite interesting how it will play out. Plus, the ending to the first episode. Wow.

Lewis could come into play this season. We still think that his behaviour is weird(the ITK hand and so on).

Plus, it looks like LaGuerta is up to her games again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    I agree with everyone else so far in this thread, that was really quite excellent, Dexter back at it's best. Hopefully they continue to focus more on the Dex/Deb stuff (not so much her weird feelings for him from last season though, hopefully they leave that back in Season 6...) rather than giving us another "big bad of the season", although that said i can see the Russian stuff being quite interesting, presumably the cop killer was somebody that certain people will miss and those people may potentially come gunning for Dexter. Very good start to the season!
  • Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stripedcat wrote: »
    Wow. I have got to say that it was a very strong first episode - but then again so was season 6's - and look how that season ended up! Disappearing up its own backside. Fingers crossed that it doesn't happen this season.

Loads of stuff to be setup for this season. It does look quite interesting how it will play out. Plus, the ending to the first episode. Wow.

Lewis could come into play this season. We still think that his behaviour is weird(the ITK hand and so on).

Plus, it looks like LaGuerta is up to her games again.

I don't remember the season six premiere being anywhere near the quality of season seven tbh.
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Excellent start.
    I've a feeling though that Dex is in more danger from LaGuarta than Deb - LaGuarta never seemed too convinced about Doakes being the 'Bay Harbour Butcher' and will want to clear her old friends name...