Options

HO - James Sutton tweets and male rape awareness campaign

HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,022
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just so you know :D

Mr Sutton made the following announcements on his twitter.
So close to having a Joey Barton style twitter meltdown. So close.

then
Stop asking me to follow you. If I wanted your drivel on my timeline Id follow you already.

but that was swiftly deleted and replaced with this.
People that spend all day on twitter asking people to follow them.

Seriously, go and do something with your lives.

and signed off with this.
Aaaaaand Im done.

Bye.

the poor guy sounds a bit cranky, if you got twitter feel free to give him some love, he sounds likes he needs it :D:kitty:

Also Hollyoaks is raising awareness of male rape and getting people the help and support they deserve through and the hastag #breakthesilence https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/8868-help-break-the-silence

Comments

• Options
    _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    James Sutton is an idiot on Twitter.
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like a ****. Twitter people can be annoying but he needs to get a grip.

There'll come a time he'll be begging for people to recognise him.
  • Options
    iMatt_101iMatt_101 Posts: 7,081
    Forum Member
    James is usually quite rude apparently. I seem to remember him being quite rude to one girl who only asked if he was gay in real life, and then lots of his followers were ganging up on her too?
  • Options
    thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iMatt_101 wrote: »
    James is usually quite rude apparently. I seem to remember him being quite rude to one girl who only asked if he was gay in real life, and then lots of his followers were ganging up on her too?

Protesting too much?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Protesting too much?
    Not really. His tweets here are clearly quite stupid, he should be grateful for his fans. And I was pointing out that this isn't the only time something like this has occurred from my memory :)
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    James has always been very rude to his fans on Twitter. It makes me wonder why he even has an account on there.
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yeah I remember that, I think he told people to back off.

Still I can't help lool every time he gets ranty, I'm sure a polite please don't keep tweeting me would of been more sufficient but I guess it's not his style.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not really. His tweets here are clearly quite stupid, he should be grateful for his fans. And I was pointing out that this isn't the only time something like this has occurred from my memory :)

Oh no I agree with you about it being rude, my comment about protesting was in response to his comment to the girl asking him about his sexuality not at yourself, unless I have got the wrong end of the stick from your reply :blush: d'oh, I did it again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh no I agree with you about it being rude, my comment about protesting was in response to his comment to the girl asking him about his sexuality not at yourself, unless I have got the wrong end of the stick from your reply :blush: d'oh, I did it again.
    Ohh I thought you meant I was protesting too much against Sutton aha :)
  • Options
    ameredithameredith Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He should get off Twitter if he can't handle people wanting him to follow them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ohh I thought you meant I was protesting too much against Sutton aha :)

Not at all. :D
  • Options
    RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I get the frustration of tweets like that but perhaps it would be wise for him to ignore them or block users if necessary, instead of causing more conflict.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm surprised he se still has fans tbh.
  • Options
    MrWoodySirMrWoodySir Posts: 8,480
    Forum Member
    Doesn't come across as a very nice person.
  • Options
    ArtyAttackArtyAttack Posts: 67,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    James has always been very rude to his fans on Twitter. It makes me wonder why he even has an account on there.

He has been rude in the past. Not that impressed with him in this storyline either. Not much emotion in his acting and the storyline is being drawn out needlessly in a sensationalist manner with his character being far too passive.
  • Options
    fairyfruitcakefairyfruitcake Posts: 1,475
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrWoodySir wrote: »
    Doesn't come across as a very nice person.

No, he's an arrogant tw*t
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ArtyAttack wrote: »
    He has been rude in the past. Not that impressed with him in this storyline either. Not much emotion in his acting and the storyline is being drawn out needlessly in a sensationalist manner with his character being far too passive.

How is it being drawn out? It only happened a few weeks ago and rapes do go unreported for months even years sometimes.
  • Options
    MelSingletonMelSingleton Posts: 1,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you join twitter, that's what you get.

Ignore the messages or log off twitter. Problem solved.
  • Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope the campaign raises awareness and gets support, I don't have twitter if I did I'd tweet my support :)

As for the James thing he should have ignored it.
  • Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ArtyAttack wrote: »
    I think James is a brilliant actor and this sl can't just be over in a few weeks. I don't think it's sensationalist it's a real issue and needs to be dealt with properly, we need to see the effect it has hade on JP etc obviously this doesn't mean it has to go on forever but it shouldn't be over quickly imo.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    priscilla wrote: »
    I think James is a brilliant actor and this sl can't just be over in a few weeks. I don't think it's sensationalist it's a real issue and needs to be dealt with properly, we need to see the effect it has hade on JP etc obviously this doesn't mean it has to go on forever but it shouldn't be over quickly imo.

Agree with you 100% Priscilla :)
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    While I would agree that his acting has been very good, I am being driven demented by how badly the aftermath of the rape storyline has been written and portrayed. To me it seems that ll kirkwood cared about was sensationalist drivel and that he doesnt care about reflecting any reality. James has played a very good role though
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Does anyone else really not think James is that good of an actor? I mean he's not atrocious but it always feels as if he's not engaging in the character, and as if he's reading off a script/putting on a performance.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone else really not think James is that good of an actor? I mean he's not atrocious but it always feels as if he's not engaging in the character, and as if he's reading off a script/putting on a performance.

I loved him in his first stint, even when he did overact a bit, but this latest stint, I'm just not feeling it.
  • Options
    fairyfruitcakefairyfruitcake Posts: 1,475
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree with you, I don't think James is a good actor at all - he's not a bad actor in that he can deliver a line, and has good diction but there is no variation and his tone is flat and boring. I thought he played the actual rape scene well and he surprised me but its all been one note from there on. He lacks energy and has no presence