Alex Polizzi-The Fixer BBC2

peach45peach45 Posts: 9,426
Forum Member
Heck Sausages

Toff familly selling sausages to Tesco. Good luck to them, bought these once, not that tasty.

Comments

• Oicho ThrowOicho Throw Posts: 516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Disappointed that it wasn't Alex Polizzi helping dispose of a corpse, get a hot car to a chop shop or orchestrate a hostage/cash handover. Some fixer.
  • peach45peach45 Posts: 9,426
    Forum Member
    Disappointed that it wasn't Alex Polizzi helping dispose of a corpse, get a hot car to a chop shop or orchestrate a hostage/cash handover. Some fixer.

Don't worry, she'll be disposing of the idiot son before the end of a episode. What a smug looking waste of space.
  • *Cadhla**Cadhla* Posts: 1,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All the kids are pointless. That meeting was very cringey.
  • chipsauntchipsaunt Posts: 951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The social media thing was funny - their lack of enthusiasm for having a presence out there?
    I'm interested in their product (though I don't eat sausages) and they seem to be under-selling themselves for some reason.
  • feckitfeckit Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heck, this family are dumb.
  • fanstar77fanstar77 Posts: 417
    Forum Member
    This reminds me of a family firm I worked for once. I found out on the first day when I got introduced to everybody that the 3 partners wives worked for the firm as well as one partners son and another partners daughter. If I had known at the interview stage I wouldn't have taken the job.

I was the manager of the son and daughter. They were... how shall I say...useless.

Worst job I ever had.
  • TCD1975TCD1975 Posts: 3,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just went to check out their website and guess what. It's down.

They've just had an hour long TV advert. What a wasted opportunity.

Just checked their Facebook page ... apparently the site is down due to the amount of traffic it received.
  • OnaOakeyOnaOakey Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Those kids were so frustrating. In any other business they'd be fired if they managed to get the job in the first place!

Does anyone happen to know what the piece of music they kept playing was? I think it was the piano introduction of a song and it's really bugging me!
  • bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TCD1975 wrote: »
    I just went to check out their website and guess what. It's down.

They've just had an hour long TV advert. What a wasted opportunity.

It's probably down due to the traffic hitting it.
    Forum Member
    Shocked by how dumb they were, but I've decided that idiot son will be my new role model.

I'm going to adopt the same smug look and everyone will be fooled into believing that I actually know what I'm doing. I just won't make the same mistake of opening my mouth.
  • Snuggles2012Snuggles2012 Posts: 170
    Forum Member
    OnaOakey wrote: »
    Does anyone happen to know what the piece of music they kept playing was? I think it was the piano introduction of a song and it's really bugging me!

Another Love - Tom Odell
  • OnaOakeyOnaOakey Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another Love - Tom Odell

You are an angel.
  • tony-wtony-w Posts: 487
    Forum Member
    bryemycaz wrote: »
    It's probably down due to the traffic hitting it.

I personally believe it is a Walls Sausages DDoS attack :)
  • roddydogsroddydogs Posts: 10,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bring back the Hotels, this series is so boring & dreary.
  • redvers36redvers36 Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How will Alex Poizzi fix it anyway? Will she use some of the family money to fix the business?
  • eye3eye3 Posts: 2,551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ahhhh but do they give away a walls onesie!!
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a shame she can`t work her "magic" here by tarting up a room, laying on a few cheese butties and getting the mayor round. It`s all smoke, mirrors and MilF boobs with her! :D
  • SambdaSambda Posts: 6,207
    Forum Member
    I don't quite get this....

The site: http://heckfood.co.uk/ seems to only mention a bunch of kids as being part of the business; the parents seen in the programme are not mentioned, but...

this: http://www.harrogatesausage.co.uk/history.html seems to be where the parents are now.

I didn't see the end of the show - was this explained?
  • JezRJezR Posts: 1,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heck is run by the youngsters, and Harrogate Sausages by Debbie & Andrew in the same factory building but on separate lines. Harrogate seems to take on some of the Tesco comments on packaging.
    Forum Member
    I don't think those offspring could actually run anything.
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen the Heck sausages in Tesco but have never tried them but I have bought the Debbie & Andrew ones and enjoyed them. I had no idea they had the same people behind them.

Liked the couple but the kids did look useless though. Shows you should never mix family and business.

Those internet marketing types looked liked they worked for Perfect Curve.
  • JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The kids were obviously useless. The parents were in their own world too it seemed.
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JamieHT wrote: »
    The kids were obviously useless. The parents were in their own world too it seemed.

The parents weren't that bad. For a small firm to launch a brand in a national supermarket isn't easy but this was the second time they have done it.

I wonder what effect this programme will have on their sales? A one hour long advert for your company on the BBC is the sort of thing that money can't buy.
  • furtivecatfurtivecat Posts: 129
    Forum Member
    JezR wrote: »
    Heck is run by the youngsters, and Harrogate Sausages by Debbie & Andrew in the same factory building but on separate lines. Harrogate seems to take on some of the Tesco comments on packaging.

They said that after the merger they'd lost that initial business though, so that seems misleading.
  • snoweyowlsnoweyowl Posts: 1,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This was basically advertising. The BBC should not be doing this.