Options

Heath Ledger dead (merged)

Comments

• Options
    lalalala Posts: 21,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now I know that the drug test are yet to be done. But this raises an issue for me, and that is the whole prescription drug culture the American's have, and we have as well now.

Every little thing they have there..... Be it a headache, lack of sleep or just a normal stomach upset..... They take a prescription pill. I remember going to New York last year and speaking to a lady who said that she sometimes have trouble sleeping, not bad, but every now and then she became restless. She then showed me the amount of pills her doctor gave her..... My goodness... there was three or four packets of pills..... Just to help her sleep. It's scary.

And the scary thing is, it is happening here. How many people here are given tones of pills for simple things like a cold or a flu. Very scary.

America has a very big drug problem with prescription pills...... So if the results show that he has overdosed on something like that... Then I'm afraid I won't be surprised..... It is quite a common occurrence there.... and here. This is why I'm wary of most prescription medicine that is prescribed to me. Silly I know, but I don't need all these chemicals in my body. It isn't natural. Although I can understand that some people have no choice but to take them.

It's a depressing issue in a way.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,818
    Forum Member
    Rugby Rose wrote: »
    I urge everyone to read this to put the facts straight and stop these awful rumours.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/heath-ledger/frantic-calls-to-olsen/2008/01/24/1201025048591.html

TMZ should be sued to kingdom come for the disgusting crap they've posted as 'fact' over the last day and half. They post some stupid awful speculation as fact and then retract it a little while later - in the meantime, that nasty rumour has spread and the retraction hasn't.

I repeat...
    • There were no illegal drugs found.
    • A rolled up £20 note had no drug residue on it.
    • Several prescription drugs were found - near full, in bottles - one by the bed, others in the medicine cabinet - to treat anxiety and extreme insomnia. They were not strewn across the apartment or across the bed.
    • No evidence of suicide.
    • The police say all evidence points towards an accidental overdose of the prescription pills.

In addition to that...
    • The masseuse was not a prostitute
    • Katie Olsen was a friend of Heath's - her bodyguard was trained for medical emergencies and was just 2 minutes away around the corner.
    • It was Heath's apartment.
    • There is no evidence to suggest he was a cocaine user or ever has been - just viscious rumours and speculation.

He was discovered in bed as he would be because he'd gone to bed to sleep. He'd just got back from London and was jet lagged and that's why he was sleeping in the afternoon. He was sleeping and never woke up. They just couldn't wake him. When the paramedics arrived, they moved him onto the floor to enable them to treat him. He went into cardiac arrest - whilst still unconscious I believe and pronounced dead at the scene. His father said he died peacefully in his sleep and that's the way I'd like to see this awful tragedy too.

Thank's for the info Rose. That's how i will be viewing this too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lexy_86 wrote: »
    The paps have no shame

These vultures absolutely disgust me. Can you believe that TMZ have launched a live stream of the funeral home in which Heath is, because there is due to be a viewing.

They make me absolutely sick, surely its bad enough to lose somebody close you without these b*stards turning it into a circus freakshow.

SHAME ON THEM! :mad::mad::mad:

People can be so fowl. I'm speachless:(.:mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was disgusted, but not surprised, that footage of him being carried out in his body bag made the TV in America. I was thoroughly disgusted that it was on ITV news yesterday. Really, really unnecessary, especially for someone who often seemed uncomfortable in the media spotlight.
  • Options
    Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    To add to Rugby Rose's post
    "AN acclaimed Indian film director has recounted how he spoke to Heath Ledger on the eve of the Australian actor's untimely death and promised to phone him back the next morning.

Shekhar Kapur, who directed Ledger in 2002 movie The Four Feathers, reportedly phoned the 28-year-old star on Monday after arriving in New York from London.

"I last spoke to him on the night before he died,'' Kapur told London's Evening Standard.

"He said he could not see me that night but really wanted to meet me the next day. He made me promise that I would call him in the morning and wake him up.

"I tried. Little did I know that his soul had already left his body."
  • Options
    ~*~Jess~*~~*~Jess~*~ Posts: 4,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank's for the info Rose. That's how i will be viewing this too.

And me :(
    Thanks for the info x
  • Options
    Forum Member
    hugsie wrote: »
    But everyone of those responses is a click on their website. They are driven to get that picture solely because it will make them money. Selling it on to the papers and by increased revenue on their own websites.

It is ultimately those of us who click on those sites to find out the latest that drive demand for such pictures.

:(:o

I won't be looking at the pictures of Michelle and Matilda. Leave them alone. I had to turn off the news when they were bringing his body out, it should've been a private matter. Talk about a lack of respect and dignity.:mad:
  • Options
    trec123trec123 Posts: 4,419
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Firstly, some of the news coverage of this has been vile beyond belief.
    Secondly, yet again it seems a load of harmful untruths have been hashed up - all of which if they are untrue are disrepectful in the extreme - and one by one they are all being retracted but STILL sticking in some people's minds.
    Amongst all the talk of drugs,drugs, more drugs and depression, it has been mentioned - much more quietly - that he was suffering from pneumonia.
    In all likelihood his death could have nothing to do with pills - prescription or otherwise but that will always be what some people believe because of the sickening, intrusive coverage.
    Sorry for the rant but the majority of the media are really making me sick these days - I've already given up on Newspapers but the TV news is getting just as bad:mad:
  • Options
    Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The paps have no shame

These vultures absolutely disgust me. Can you believe that TMZ have launched a live stream of the funeral home in which Heath is, because there is due to be a viewing.

They make me absolutely sick, surely its bad enough to lose somebody close you without these b*stards turning it into a circus freakshow.

The ironic thing is that Heath couldn't stand the media when he was alive, now he has to put up with them when he's dead. Just shows that the media are incredibly powerful.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The ironic thing is that Heath couldn't stand the media when he was alive, now he has to put up with them when he's dead. Just shows that the media are incredibly powerful.

That is exactly my thought, these people know he wouldn't have wanted that when alive so it is absolutely vile that they would do that to him and his family.
  • Options
    beast1982beast1982 Posts: 5,350
    Forum Member
    johnen56 wrote: »
    This is awful- what is wrong with those crazed republican americans? (well, a lot actually!).

http://perezhilton.com/2008-01-24-ledgers-death-is-a-laughing-matter

This is DISGUSTING! Whether you liked him personally or not, or whether you liked his work or not, have some respect from one human being to another and respect the fact that his friends and family could have heard that. People make me sick!

The quote from Shekhar made me a bit confused. When he couldnt get hold of Heath, why didnt he become worried and try and reach him further. If a friend of mine asked me t call them and then didnt answer, id be worried.

Anyhow, is anyone still having trouble getting their heads round this, I wouldnt even call myself a fan of his, he was just someone i was interested in. I dont like the hollywood thing and im not a huge film fan, but i paid an interest in him. And for me to say im still upset and still confused about whats happened must mean that fans of his, not to mention his friends and family must be totally totally devastated. I just cant get this out of my head, is anyone else the same?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    beast1982 wrote: »
    This is DISGUSTING! Whether you liked him personally or not, or whether you liked his work or not, have some respect from one human being to another and respect the fact that his friends and family could have heard that. People make me sick!

The quote from Shekhar made me a bit confused. When he couldnt get hold of Heath, why didnt he become worried and try and reach him further. If a friend of mine asked me t call them and then didnt answer, id be worried.

Anyhow, is anyone still having trouble getting their heads round this, I wouldnt even call myself a fan of his, he was just someone i was interested in. I dont like the hollywood thing and im not a huge film fan, but i paid an interest in him. And for me to say im still upset and still confused about whats happened must mean that fans of his, not to mention his friends and family must be totally totally devastated. I just cant get this out of my head, is anyone else the same?

Hiya hun. Yeah I'm the same. I've felt very weird since I heard, a bit like when I heard young footballer Antonio Puerta had died (but I feel weirder about Heath). It's strange because he was so young, seemed fit etc and we'll now never see him in another film again (apart from Batman).
    So sad :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely gutted by this news.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It was just so unexpected and he was so young..........and for every other reasons that has already been mentioned. Its awful. I dont know him but i feel like crying over this constantly its mad
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was just so unexpected and he was so young..........and for every other reasons that has already been mentioned. Its awful. I dont know him but i feel like crying over this constantly its mad

Yeah same :( and the other half is getting fed up. He reckons I'm obsessed. I'm not, I'm just shocked :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Exactly! Its COMPLETE shock. I - well nobody - saw this coming! Its incredible to think we have lost such a huge potential, and someone so humble too at such a young age
  • Options
    Forum Member
    is anyone still having trouble getting their heads round this. I just cant get this out of my head, is anyone else the same?
    Yes, i never thought anything like this would upset me so much. I feel stupid, i didn't know him, never met him, but i felt that Heath shared a little of himself in every film he made and allowed us to get to know him a little through that. As i sit here typing this, i can look up onto a shelf and see all of his films lined up............
    Not sure if i can actually sit through any of them right now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I really want to watch 10 things just to remind myself how good he was, but i cant bring myself to
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really want to watch 10 things just to remind myself how good he was, but i cant bring myself to

Yeah I know, I absolutely adore that film, used to watch it everyday when I first got it on vhs :D:o
    When I heard about his passing, I looked for my dvd and it's not there! I was a bit freaked out, but I think I lent it to a friend (who is soo unreliable I'll never get it back)
    I may have to buy it again, but I don't want to get funny looks or anything :(
    My God he was gorgeous in that film too. I loved his character, he was everything from creepy, funny and romantic. When she reads out the poem 10 things she hates about him, I never fail to cry!
    :(:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its such an awful thing to happen - he was so talented and he had everything going for him. Its such a shame. I havent seen many of his films. One thing that sticks in my mind though is the film '10 Things I Hate About You'. The scene where he's singing 'Cant Take My Eyes Off You' to Julia Stiles, then he gets chased by someone on the steps. I love that film. I've given up reading articles in the papers about his death. They were insinuating so much even before his post-mortem had begun. Poor boy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hayley1970 wrote: »
    Its such an awful thing to happen - he was so talented and he had everything going for him. Its such a shame. I havent seen many of his films. One thing that sticks in my mind though is the film '10 Things I Hate About You'. The scene where he's singing 'Cant Take My Eyes Off You' to Julia Stiles, then he gets chased by someone on the steps. I love that film. I've given up reading articles in the papers about his death. They were insinuating so much even before his post-mortem had begun. Poor boy.

That scene is amazing. That film is amazing. Oh I so want to watch it now - I'm quite glad I've lent it out actually, no doubt I'd get this reaction from the OH ---> :rolleyes: if he walked in and saw me watching it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It really makes me sad and has put me on such a downer from the second i heard the news
  • Options
    Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hayley1970 wrote: »

Here you go
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :D:(:cry:
    Bless him! If a man did that to me, I'd love it :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,846
    Forum Member
    The paps have no shame

That really is sickening. :mad: