The Heath Ledger Appreciation Thread

Comments

• ~*~Jess~*~~*~Jess~*~ Posts: 4,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hayleyg wrote: »
    My aunts other half (both fans of Heath) refusec to go and see it with her in the cinema, but after he saw how much it affected her and myself, he watched it with her when the DVD came out.

Said it was one of the best films he'd ever seen, and Ennis should have set up ranch with Jack :(

Good work there though Jess..his secrets safe :p

Hehehe I shall tell him about your aunts other half :) mwahahaha he knows for a fact that it won't stay a secret! He knows me too well ;):D
  • hayleyghayleyg Posts: 15,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wipes away the tears of laughter at the end of Casanova and raises a toast to Heath
  • Rugby RoseRugby Rose Posts: 13,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hayleyg wrote: »
    Wipes away the tears of laughter at the end of Casanova and raises a toast to Heath

Hehe...you made it, well done. :p
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rugby Rose wrote: »
    Tell you what, maybe we should arrange a time/day when we all watch one of his films, maybe the same one and sit on here at the same time and we can each be each others shoulders to cry on?

Hi, what a lovely idea (sorry, missed all this - was very behind in my housework yesterday cos kept checking on here & got stuck(obsessed) in a what's in your dvd collection game on the movies forum)!:D Then got bored out of my head with the Good Shepherd :yawn:. Won't be watching that again!:p Much better to come on here & chat!

I haven't got Ned Kelly - is that good? Still waiting on Candy & Two Hands!:eek: (actually no surprise seeing as it's now Sunday so there can't be any change since yesterday!)

So looks like everyone's putting AKT last?("and I'll fong you, and I'll fong you!") I think Casanova's a good one to start with tho - nice & easy!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need to get the brothers Grimm, will try and order it from HMV. Having an account on there is very dangerous :eek::eek:

Just as bad as play.com :rolleyes::rolleyes: so easy to chuck 4 -5 dvds in your basket at a time! No wonder my cabinet's bursting at the seams!:D
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    Going to call it a night. I may watch the Sin Eater again....:D
    catch up later.
    fff xx

We watched about half of Sin Eater last night (or this morning really) and I've the rest on tape, not really his best, but that's not down to Heath, much as I like the girl in AKT, I thought she was awful in this, but I'll watch to the end later, Heath made a delicious priest, if any of mine looked like that I might still be going to church :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 57
    Forum Member
    Watched Two Hands yesterday- its so funny!!! I didn't realise how good it would be- definately recommed that one as a goodie! Weird looking at Heath with long hair though- he looks so young!

Was wearing stripes yesterday- got those fingerless gloves and have been wearing them quite a lot- (its cold- so doesn't seem too ridiculous!)
    Forum Member
    Yeah- I put the Sin Eater on first actually then admit I got a bit bored and picked up Two Hands- its really good- highly recommend it!
    Forum Member
    http://www.respectance.com/heathledger/memories

actually I forgot I meant to post this- you've all probably seen it- but its quite sweet and nice to see how many people have been posting messages- some of them obviously quite young, which is touching.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    veronagirl wrote: »
    Watched Two Hands yesterday- its so funny!!! I didn't realise how good it would be- definately recommed that one as a goodie! Weird looking at Heath with long hair though- he looks so young!

Was wearing stripes yesterday- got those fingerless gloves and have been wearing them quite a lot- (its cold- so doesn't seem too ridiculous!)

Stop tormenting me!! I want my copy! Stupid hmv! :mad:

And I like him with long hair :D:D Sorry! Back in the puddle!
    Forum Member

ooops sorry!!!! I'm still annoyed about Candy- cos I really want to see it- seen so many clips and it just looks like such a good film- did he make it after Brokeback? Isn't it weird that its really not known is it- you'd think that a film with a big star like him would get more publicity- I suppose that's what we all like about him- he seemed so outside the weird Hollywood machine- much more intriguing and real somehow...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ooops sorry!!!! I'm still annoyed about Candy- cos I really want to see it- seen so many clips and it just looks like such a good film- did he make it after Brokeback? Isn't it weird that its really not known is it- you'd think that a film with a big star like him would get more publicity- I suppose that's what we all like about him- he seemed so outside the weird Hollywood machine- much more intriguing and real somehow...

No worries, I'm jesting! :D Been waiting on Candy & Two Hands for what seems like forever (prob only a few days actually, I'm just impatient!). I have no idea when Candy came out - I remember it coming out, but my memory's pants for that sort of thing. I think lots of his stuff is like that - some people I work with had never heard of him :eek::eek:! (mainly the men - infact of all the men I know, my OH is probably the only one who'd seen the most films - probably because I stapled him to the sofa & made him watch them!:D)
    Forum Member
    No worries, I'm jesting! :D Been waiting on Candy & Two Hands for what seems like forever (prob only a few days actually, I'm just impatient!). I have no idea when Candy came out - I remember it coming out, but my memory's pants for that sort of thing. I think lots of his stuff is like that - some people I work with had never heard of him :eek::eek:! (mainly the men - infact of all the men I know, my OH is probably the only one who'd seen the most films - probably because I stapled him to the sofa & made him watch them!:D)
    Yeah feeling impatient too- come HMV-
    A few- only a few of my girl friends didn't know who is was- I was horrified! My OH does know cos he's half Aussie and quite liked Heath.
  • FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member

Straight after BBM he made Casanova, then he made Candy. First time he'd used his real voice in 8 years, I remember him saying! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah feeling impatient too- come HMV-
    A few- only a few of my girl friends didn't know who is was- I was horrified! My OH does know cos he's half Aussie and quite liked Heath.

Most of my friends & work colleagues knew who he was but only a couple had seen some of his films - I myself find that very odd :p:rolleyes: but that's just me! If we all liked the same stuff the world would be a boring place!:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can sign me up for the movie idea!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    booklover wrote: »
    You can sign me up for the movie idea!

Yay! Someone go & buy shares in Kleenex:D! We're going to need them!:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I like him with long hair too - I think he looks at his best with long dark hair like in 10 Things. I haven't yet seen Two Hands but I've got it and seen his hair :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ~*~Jess~*~ wrote: »
    I like him with long hair too - I think he looks at his best with long dark hair like in 10 Things. I haven't yet seen Two Hands but I've got it and seen his hair :D

Most definitely - altho he was gorgeous whatever (I really do find the facial fuzz a bit distracting tho - maybe that's why I've never watched Ned Kelly - that's a big ole beard he had going on in that!:D), I liked him bestest with long hair (10 Things & AKT instantly spring to mind), not fussed on the colour tho :)
    Forum Member
    Most definitely - altho he was gorgeous whatever (I really do find the facial fuzz a bit distracting tho - maybe that's why I've never watched Ned Kelly - that's a big ole beard he had going on in that!:D), I liked him bestest with long hair (10 Things & AKT instantly spring to mind), not fussed on the colour tho :)
    He had quite cute curly hair didn't he- Yeah I like the long hair, though not so much in 10 Things and more in Candy (still to be enjoyed properly!)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh yeah the Ned Kelly beard was not to my taste :D
  • FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member

I'm sure I read somewhere that they wanted Heath to be clean shaven throughout NK so as not to hide his looks, but he insisted on the beard because of course he hated any emphasis being on his looks.

Having seen how edibly sexy and gorgeous he looked when he was beardless in NK, you can see why they wanted him to look like that all through the film! :)

I watched a bit of Candy before, which I haven't done since he died and that film really is hard to watch now, not cos of the subject matter but because it's the only one of his films that it was like he was just being himself as far as his appearance and voice goes.

I know he was in Two Hands and 10 things, but that was when he was a teenager. He was 25 when he made Candy so it was like more 'now' than the others. All his other films are from a different era or he's 'in constume'. In Candy he was just himself, they didn't even cover up his tattoos! And of course he used his own voice, so it's like watching Heath as his everyday self just playing someone else and that's so hard to do now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,818
    Forum Member
    Hiya, had an E-mail from HMV telling me that Candy is currently out of stock:eek:,but they will be getting more in soon:mad:....Looks like i'm going to have to wait patiently...actually make that IMpatiently!!!!!!.
    Have we agreed on a night yet, or a film for that matter?. Everyone welcome, the more the merrier:)
    Forum Member
    ~*~Jess~*~ wrote: »
    Oh yeah the Ned Kelly beard was not to my taste :D

I quite liked Heath with a shaved head and a bit of scruff...yum. I liked him with long hair too....infact i thought he was tasty whatever he looked like. (except when he was wearing the Lil pixie hat:eek:)
    Forum Member
    http://www.respectance.com/heathledger/memories

actually I forgot I meant to post this- you've all probably seen it- but its quite sweet and nice to see how many people have been posting messages- some of them obviously quite young, which is touching.

people are really missing him :(