Rihanna and Chris Brown back together?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 873
Forum Member
✭✭
Many major tabloids have been reporting, singer Rihanna is trying and yes it is she that is trying to get back together with Chris Brown. Last night at some L.A. hot spot called Graystone Manor, Rihanna started a fight with the girl who has been dating Chris Brown for 2 years. According to many reports, Rihanna started calling Chris a few months ago as this was the only guy she ever loved.

She may be trying to downplay it for the publicity but if this is true like major sources are confirming such as TMZ, it's truly scary on her part.

[news]Rihanna, Chris Brown 'secretly hooking up', says report[/news]

Comments

• Nobby BurtonNobby Burton Posts: 1,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was a blind item a few months ago which as good as stated that Rihanna was cheating on her boyfriend Matt Kemp with Chris Brown

Remember she didn't want to press charges against him but was forced to by her management because they were scared of the reaction from the fans if she didn't
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't mind if they get back together. People can and do change their ways, and i'm sure Rihanna wouldn't go near him again unless she knew he had.
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,963
    Forum Member
    Going back for more punishment eh?!
  • j24j24 Posts: 3,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think she would have ever left him in the first place if the press hadn't got wind of the assault.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    j24 wrote: »
    I don't think she would have ever left him in the first place if the press hadn't got wind of the assault.

Me neither

She attacked him with a stiletto. Clearly she wasn't this meek and mild little girl being abused by a domineering man
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,963
    Forum Member
    Me neither

She attacked him with a stiletto. Clearly she wasn't this meek and mild little girl being abused by a domineering man
    We probably don't know what the real Rihanna is like and how she behaved on the streets of Barbados as a girl. I bet she's got a sharp tongue and seems to be happy to use anything at hand as a weapon.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me neither

I don't condone any type of violence & what Chris did to her was despicable, but I don't believe she's never hit or attacked him.
  • Squealer_MahonySquealer_Mahony Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    Me neither

Source?
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,389
    Forum Member
    I doubt she wanted to leave him in the first instance.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was her record label that advised her to do it for public relations purposes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She will loose her rep and her fans if she gets back with him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are relationships where both parties are violent and abusive towards each other, and there are relationships where only one party is violent and abusive towards the other

I don't believe for a second that Rihanna and Chris fell into the second category. Does she come across like the type of girl who'd let a guy treat her like shit and accept it?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wouldn't surprise me (if true). I don't believe she ever wanted to leave him in the first place. The whole leaked photo thing was to humiliate him and get some form of revenge on him for being violent. In fact judging by the reports going around at the time, their whole relationship was fiery and tempestuous with both parties being less than innoncent.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not surprised. They obviously have never moved on from each other and can't live without each other.
    As others have said, I don't think this was a one off, one sided attack and I believe they probably had a very tempestuous relationship.

They're both grown adults and if that sort of relationship floats their boat, then that's their decision.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never heard the story about the stiletto before but even if it's true there's a big difference between stopping someone attacking you and this.

Also, I wouldn't presume that just because she comes across as fiesty and has a 'take-no-shit' attitude that she gives as good as she gets or somehow provoked the attack. Not being meek and mild is very different from hitting your boyfriend. Maybe she and Chris do bring out the worst in each other, but even if they do no one deserves to suffer domestic abuse.
    Shadow2009 wrote: »
    I don't mind if they get back together. People can and do change their ways, and i'm sure Rihanna wouldn't go near him again unless she knew he had.

Sorry, but sufferers of domestic abuse frequently return to the perpetrator time and time again, so don't presume that he's changed just because she's (possibly) getting back together with him. I know it sounds paradoxical but believe me it happens so often.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry he had no right to put his hands on her... end of.

She is a FOOL and i hope her management team step in and give her a "virtual" slap!
    Forum Member
    cutekookie wrote: »
    In fact judging by the reports going around at the time, their whole relationship was fiery and tempestuous with both parties being less than innoncent.

what I can't understand is, if that was the case why didn't his PR use this information to portray him as a poor young guy who got way in over his head in a "fiery and tempestuous" relationship and "snapped"?

People would happily believe Rihanna had a smacking "coming to her" and the backlash against Chris wouldn't have been so bad.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If she does get back with him, I really hope he doesn't start his antics again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what I can't understand is, if that was the case why didn't his PR use this information to portray him as a poor young guy who got way in over his head in a "fiery and tempestuous" relationship and "snapped"?

People would happily believe Rihanna had a smacking "coming to her" and the backlash against Chris wouldn't have been so bad.

From what I remember there were reports either leaked from his side or by his friends/supporters that insinuated that, however the image of Rihanna's face, swollen and bruised was far more potent an image than his denials. I think he stupidly thought that if he just lay low it would all blow over. Which of course it didn't, he looked like a coward and anyone who defended him in the public eye looked like an apologist for a woman beater.

Domestic violence in any form is wrong, but I don't believe that their relationship was violent just from his side.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    i think CB's PR team have made a lot of progress and I am fairly sure they would be as equally against a reunion as Rihanna's but there have been stories of them talking/tweeting for months now. perhaps they really love eachother.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No way would Chris risk his cred and admit a woman was hitting him IMO!
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If they want to get back together, it's their business. Just like whatever happened between them, is only their business.
    Forum Member
    cutekookie wrote: »
    From what I remember there were reports either leaked from his side or by his friends/supporters that insinuated that, however the image of Rihanna's face, swollen and bruised was far more potent an image than his denials. I think he stupidly thought that if he just lay low it would all blow over. Which of course it didn't, he looked like a coward and anyone who defended him in the public eye looked like an apologist for a woman beater.

Domestic violence in any form is wrong, but I don't believe that their relationship was violent just from his side.

Do you have any links to these reports or do you just base your beliefs on " sources said"?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had a feeling she would get back with him. If I had a boyfriend that did that to me I wouldn't run as far away as possible but she must really love him if she's giving him another chance. Hope she doesn't regret it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's their business as adults but I will tell you this, Rihanna is going to end up like Britney a few years back or Whitney now, who is totally broke, she has lost her entire fortune. By getting involved with the wrong man, this is what happens. There have been rumors about Rihanna for some time as having a substance abuse issue she is attempting to keep under control but if that is true, it will catch-up with her.

Chris Brown did not start abusing Rihanna the night everyone knows about. He could have caused major damage to her face and she could have lost endorsements. It is doubtful Chris Brown is
    "cured" of his anger issues and by Rihanna taking him back which I think has happened but their public relations people will deny it, she has just made the worst decision of her life and her career.
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,389
    Forum Member
    The Chris Brown/Rhianna incident was not mutual violence. It was Brown beating the living piss out of Rhianna. He was violent after an appearance on Good Morning America too. He's a waste of time, and so are his apologist fans.

As a side note, the amount of WOMEN who were defending him was greatly disturbing.