Does anyone like EE's Lola Pearce?

Simon RodgersSimon Rodgers Posts: 4,693
Forum Member
✭✭✭
To be honest she just seems to be a bratty slapper who just makes Billy's life a misery, demands things off others and generally does nothing for the show. No wonder Julie walked out!

Comments

• priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never use to like her, but since the olympic ep/lexi birth i think she matured and i like the friendship she has with jay and ben.
  • Scorpio2Scorpio2 Posts: 5,632
    Forum Member
    Not at first but now she's really growing on me.
  • who me?who me? Posts: 17,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like her. I like her relationship with Billy too...it's good to see someone genuinely on his side.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope, she's a total waste of a character, devoid of any likeable features and the whole teen pregnancy thing has been done before and with much more likeable characters in the centre of it.
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    who me? wrote: »
    I like her. I like her relationship with Billy too...it's good to see someone genuinely on his side.

That's the only aspect of her that I like - her genuine bond with Billy. She was OK in those scenes with Shirley too.

Otherwise she drives me mad :mad:
  • Simon RodgersSimon Rodgers Posts: 4,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everything she has done has been done before, she is very unoriginal!
  • SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,686
    Forum Member
    I didn't like her at first, not because of the actress but because her role seemed to consist of little more than calling Billy "Pops" and being a gobmouth teenager. They seemed to have developed her a lot more recently which has made her a more watchable character. I like her friendship/relationship with Jay, he's so much better with Lola than drippy Abi
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tramp.
  • BenllechBenllech Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah she is a okay to decent character at times, nothing special. I would like to have sex with her too.
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Benllech wrote: »
    Yeah she is a okay to decent character at times, nothing special. I would like to have sex with her too.

Haha :D:D i prefer jay his gorgeous and lovely
  • broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She doesnt learn from her mistakes so has no character progression.

Someone tells her to get off the car bonnet so she vandalises the carlot. When caught she blames the one who grasses her and flies into a rage. No sense of responsibility.

She has to go...
  • -Batman--Batman- Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    I have always liked her especially with Billy and now Jay even better now baby Lexi has been both.

Danielle is a good little actress and plays the part well and is gorgeous too
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,005
    Forum Member
    priscilla wrote: »
    Haha :D:D i prefer jay his gorgeous and lovely

Does Michael know about this?
  • IanMandyIanMandy Posts: 14,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Danielle is a good actress and I love Lola. I didn't mind at first her vandalism but she never learnt from that so it did annoy me .Then there was a bit of odd development for her with a sudden pregnancy, then Lola missing from our screens for weeks. At Heather's funeral she broke down and I thought it was progression- no, just a plot device to show that Billy was being arrested.

But...

I have loved her even more after Lexi was born and I think Danielle handled the live birth well, esp as she had no drama classes etc and she seems to be maturing. Her and Jay work well- used to like him with Abi but prefer Jola really. Unfortunately, it seems to only be a rebound. Plus, Lola works well with Billy and I like how she always defends him.
  • jerseyporterjerseyporter Posts: 2,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -Batman- wrote: »
    I have always liked her especially with Billy and now Jay even better now baby Lexi has been both.

Danielle is a good little actress and plays the part well and is gorgeous too

This ^^ pretty much. Danielle is a great little actress, a natural, and I admire her for taking the chances fate threw at her after being in Jamie's failed GCSE student programme (she knocked spots off nearly all the other losers that were picked to be given that chance).

As for Lola - she was an annoying "let's see how bad we can make her" black and white cliche when she first arrived, but that's the fault of the writers, not of the actress. Writers sometimes seem to have terrible trouble writing convincing teenager parts, but the problem they have is that their teenagers are always very restricted in terms of who they interact with, so there is never going to be much a chance to see a more 'fully rounded' teenager in other settings other than the square. Therefore the character does become stuck, a bit of a black and white cliche of itself, because there are few chances to grow the character unless they are thrown into a huge, emotional or hard-hitting storyline - which may work, but may not (again, dependent on other factors which are nothing to do with the character in question).

So far Lola hasn't grown as much as some may have liked, but they have tried to make an effort with her by putting her with someone like Jay (even if it's only short-term) and giving her a baby so that there is an opportunity to show a different side to Lola, even if in the end the writers either don't take that chance or muck it up with bad story/character development.

But whatever they've given Lola to do, Danielle has come through for them and I hope in some ways she doesn't stay in EE for long because she could do with having the chance to show she's 'got what it takes' in other things too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just no
  • IanMandyIanMandy Posts: 14,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No love for Lola choccie :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    T

As for Lola - she was an annoying "let's see how bad we can make her" black and white cliche when she first arrived, but that's the fault of the writers, not of the actress. Writers sometimes seem to have terrible trouble writing convincing teenager parts, but the problem they have is that their teenagers are always very restricted in terms of who they interact with, so there is never going to be much a chance to see a more 'fully rounded' teenager in other settings other than the square. Therefore the character does become stuck, a bit of a black and white cliche of itself, because there are few chances to grow the character unless they are thrown into a huge, emotional or hard-hitting storyline - which may work, but may not (again, dependent on other factors which are nothing to do with the character in question).

o.

Sorry, but the actress is pretty average in my opinion. You have got some cracking actresses in the square but Danielle isn't one of them

And are we meant to cheer for her as she upsets another member of the square or attacks them for some inferred slight?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,005
    Forum Member
    She is annoying and the only thing she does is steal. But she seems to be a good mother.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry, but the actress is pretty average in my opinion. You have got some cracking actresses in the square but Danielle isn't one of them

And are we meant to cheer for her as she upsets another member of the square or attacks them for some inferred slight?

No, you're meant to be disappointed and hope that she learns the error of her ways and becomes a better person as she's young and has a whole life ahead of her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, you're meant to be disappointed and hope that she learns the error of her ways and becomes a better person as she's young and has a whole life ahead of her.

But she doesnt learn because she keeps on doing it. Thats the big problem with her.
  • tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I Like Lola when she's not in vandalising chav mode. I like her relationship with Bill & Shirl. She also strikes me as not being worried about telling Phil he's a fat bald has been either.
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    She interests me. A character doesn't have to be nice to do that. She can be an absolute pest but she is also capable of love and kindness.
    I'm looking forward to her finding out the news about Ben and Jay.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 98
    Forum Member
    Lola's a good character & she has matured from the live epidsode when Lexi was born
  • thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's grown on me a lot. Didn't like her at the start as she was reason Julie left but since she has become a mother I have liked her more.