T-Mobile increasing my Monthly Bill by £11.00!!!

2»

Comments

• mooxmoox Posts: 18,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As for T-Mobile, I tweeted them and funnily enough they sent a direct message saying discounts are not taken into consideration, so why have they my phone up to £32.00? I did respond to them via a private message or something on twitter, this morning, and they are yet to get back to me.

In all honesty do you think some minimum wage employee acting as a "social media manager" or whatever glorified term they give to those people, is going to know the ins and outs of T-Mobile's billing system?

I'd be more inclined to email or phone someone who is more likely to know what they're doing rather than someone who is mostly there for PR reasons.
  • advidadvid Posts: 609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    moox wrote: »
    Why should they do it that way? Price increases can be applied at any time during the contract as per the terms and conditions. I bet if there was a price decrease (practically improbable I know) you'd want it immediately and not in 10 months time.

There's still the argument that you can avoid all this hassle by not voluntarily agreeing to a 2 year contract. If you're willing to buy your own phone that is.

....you can be sure - in 22months - 27days - 12hours - 2minutes and 13seconds - I WILL end my contract and BUY MY OWN SIM FREE PHONE lol
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got my phone 3 months ago on O2. Price was 15.50/month but it did have small print to say if was going up end feb. So mine was expected and is now 15.99.

Can understand in a way folks frustrations though. The price you take contract out for length of time should really stay at that. Sure you should read the small print but rarely anyone does. I mean it could say hidden in my small print that if man city win the league then mine goes up to 30 pounds.
  • mooxmoox Posts: 18,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »
    I got my phone 3 months ago on O2. Price was 15.50/month but it did have small print to say if was going up end feb. So mine was expected and is now 15.99.

Can understand in a way folks frustrations though. The price you take contract out for length of time should really stay at that. Sure you should read the small print but rarely anyone does. I mean it could say hidden in my small print that if man city win the league then mine goes up to 30 pounds.

You should at least try to read what you're signing or agreeing to. Too many people think they know all about their rights but don't want to know about their responsibilities. It goes both ways.
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah everyone should however there generally is so much to read and take in. I just think with the relative shortness of the contracts they should and could easily honour the price they set out to charge. Obviously as new folk come on board or folk renew then they pay the going rate.

MY O2 scenario is different as I knew that I was signing up to a small increase
  • douknowotimean?douknowotimean? Posts: 1,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In all honesty do you think some minimum wage employee acting as a "social media manager" or whatever glorified term they give to those people, is going to know the ins and outs of T-Mobile's billing system?

I'd be more inclined to email or phone someone who is more likely to know what they're doing rather than someone who is mostly there for PR reasons.

When I tweet to a TMobile Help support account then yes, I expect whoever is working on the twitter account to know the ins and outs of their billing system.

I work long hours during the weekday and as it is the weekend, the call centres might be shut (or at least an English one, if any) so the twitter thing is a first starting point for me.

I don't know if any of them read these forums, but not long after I posted my last rant i get a response on private messenger twitter, only to say they will look into it though.
  • googlekinggoogleking Posts: 15,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Personally I am glad I don't lock myself in for two years. Buying my own phone outright and getting a SIM only contract means that if they do want to play games I can leave pretty much immediately.

My strategy too. Keeps all the decisions about when to change phone or airtime package in my hands not the networks.

Of course it helps that I'm happy to keep on using a three year old iphone rather than needing every new samsung that comes out, and that I don't lose them all the time.
  • Step666Step666 Posts: 1,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Why would the person in a call centre, in potentially a different country, know more about anything that the person or people manning the Twitter account?
  • JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    Mines is going up to £37.18 from £36 a month but for the first 6 months i'm getting a £1.18 credit because I took a new plan out with them back in Janurary
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    its in Clause 7.2 of the contract that your rental can be increased with the rate of inflation

anyone that took a contract or upgrade after dec, will be given a 6month credit on there account,

all discounts will stand on ALL account.. the back of the letter I received states discounts will remain.

a
  • Steven L HunterSteven L Hunter Posts: 10,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a T-Mobile account with 4 numbers I pay for family and one contract taken out in 2011 has went up twice in the 2 year period from £40 to £43 odds I find that a steep increase especially as most of the minutes never get used. I know things rise but there should be at least a cap of say £1-1.50 that they are allowed to increase your contract through the current contract.

I personally have found that T-Mobile have become very expensive recently and I will be leaving them at the end of the contract.

Also they don't seem to care about T-Mobile or Orange customers anymore since they brought out this EE network.
  • enapaceenapace Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a T-Mobile account with 4 numbers I pay for family and one contract taken out in 2011 has went up twice in the 2 year period from £40 to £43 odds I find that a steep increase especially as most of the minutes never get used. I know things rise but there should be at least a cap of say £1-1.50 that they are allowed to increase your contract through the current contract.

I personally have found that T-Mobile have become very expensive recently and I will be leaving them at the end of the contract.

Also they don't seem to care about T-Mobile or Orange customers anymore since they brought out this EE network.

I have been told this a friend of mine wanted to renew her orange contract and in the shop was basically told she should go on EE but she didn't want to as she isn't in a 4G area and they trying force her to get a EE contact so in end she walked out and signed up with Three she said if a place is not willing sell something to a customer that is available then she wasn't staying them.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I also got the same letter. Thankfully my contract is up for renewal in May so i'm not too bothered by the price increase. When May arrives i''ll look to see if i stay or leave for another network.

The positive is that i've never ever had any major problems with them and i get a brilliant signal so i may upgrade and see what special deals Retentions can offer me. If they can.....
  • andys cornerandys corner Posts: 1,664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Step666 wrote: »
    A lot of stuff was said the first time round but, one by one, each of the networks followed suit.

The only network I'm aware of to have come out and made a definitive statement on the matter is Tesco, who are publicly pledging not to increase prices mid-contract.
    I saw that too, I am a tesco mobile customer.

I'm on 500 mins 5000 SMS 1gb data for £10pm 1 month sim only, noticed on the website it's not available anymore and the contracts are not as good by a long stretch, either I got mine at exactly the right time or they are getting tight with offers.
  • The SackThe Sack Posts: 10,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    T-Mobile have raised my SIM only plan by admitedly only £1 but thats made GiffGaffs £12 goody bag suddenly much more worth it.
  • d123d123 Posts: 8,604
    Forum Member
    T-Mobile have botched this increase and many will actually have the right to cancel. Last months RPI was 3.2%, anyone getting a 3.3% letter dated April can therefore cancel if they wish, in terms of sec 2 and sec 7 of the T&Cs.

There are a number of threads running in the mobile phone section on the MSE forum with more specific info for anyone wanting to do so.