Options

Grand Theft Auto V ANNOUNCED

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ash_735 wrote: »
    The main complaint brought up was that the game ONLY looked slightly better than RDR in terms of graphics, current builds don't have AA applied yet, but to be fair, if you think RDR looks outdated and it spoiled the game for you, then you will be let down by GTAV.

I personally thought RDR looked great, though I did think GTA IV was pretty ugly looking at the best of times.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 346
    Forum Member
    I hope the multi player free mode is a much fun as 4, as I am still playing that every weekend with mates now 5 years on! Love the sticky bombs in TBOGT so they had better return!

Wish things like trains would be running though as I felt this was missing in 4 multi player.

The more to explore the better, single and multi player.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not really into multiplayer on most games (except fifa and COD) it just doesn't appeal to me but i thought about and this game could do something epic

Imagine have 8+ players having a big underwater fight a la Thunderball fighting with harpons and stuff
  • Options
    NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    Not really into multiplayer on most games (except fifa and COD) it just doesn't appeal to me but i thought about and this game could do something epic

Imagine have 8+ players having a big underwater fight a la Thunderball fighting with harpons and stuff

Ermagaad! I'm not a multiplayer guy at all but THAT I can get on board with!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fah. Cops and Crooks is where it is at! You are the boss and you must escape to the getaway vehicle before the Cops catch you!

I think if they iron out the problems that were evident in the first incarnation of Cops and Crooks we'll have a good game indeed.
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Years later, I still haven't connected my Xbox 360 to play GTA IV online. Back in the PS2 days, I liked to make up my own games for the San Andreas off-line two-player mode. Hide and seek was surprisingly good fun!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    Years later, I still haven't connected my Xbox 360 to play GTA IV online. Back in the PS2 days, I liked to make up my own games for the San Andreas off-line two-player mode. Hide and seek was surprisingly good fun!

In free mode it's fairly amazing the things people got up to. It's a shame the game is ruined so much by hackers now, but back in the day I was never off this thing. I still remember being late for College one day, not being able to drag myself away from the television after trying out the multiplayer...

Still love a good race now and again.
  • Options
    blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pay extra to fly the blimp ? Sigh...

Rockstar, why ? You are a great company, there is no need to go down the EA route getting extra £££. I'll get slated for this but whatever. Here is the list of things you get plus the prices in US$.

Special edition:

Collectible SteelBook with Exclusive Artwork
    This special SteelBook features double-sided, never-before-seen artwork of Michael, Trevor and Franklin. Custom color and metallic treatments bring out the detail of the artwork created exclusively for this SteelBook.

Blueprint Map
    This exclusive, additional 21.5” x 26.75” map displays a blueprint view of Los Santos and Blaine County. Cryptic markings indicate locations for fast cash and other points of interest for the up-and-coming entrepreneur.

Special Ability Boost
    Michael, Franklin and Trevor each have a unique special ability. With this boost, the special ability bar will generate 25% faster.

Stunt Plane Trials
    Single player Stunt Plane Trials let you take on additional aerial challenges spread throughout Los Santos and Blaine County.

Bonus Outfits, Tattoos and More
    Michael, Franklin and Trevor get bonus outfits in their wardrobes, character specific tattoos at tattoo parlors, and special deals from shopkeepers across Los Santos and Blaine County.

Additional Weapons
    When visiting Ammunation stores in single player, merchants will have special weapons in their inventory available for free: the Pistol .50, Bullpup Shotgun and melee Hammer.

The Grand Theft Auto V Collector’s Edition

includes all the contents of Grand Theft Auto V Special Edition as described above plus:

Grand Theft Auto V Security Deposit Bag with Logo Key
    Inspired by the heists in Grand Theft Auto V, this custom 10.75” x 8.5” money bag features a pop-up style lock and laser cut logo key to secure important items. The reverse side features a pressed Rockstar Games logo on the security mount with a framed ID window.

Grand Theft Auto V New Era 9FIFTY™ Snapback Cap
    This exclusive New Era 9FIFTY™ cap features an embroidered Los Santos logo on the front, a stitched, black Rockstar Games logo on the wearer’s left side, a Grand Theft Auto ‘V’ logo applique on the opposite side, and snapback closure for an adjustable fit.

Custom Characters for Grand Theft Auto Online
    Get classic Grand Theft Auto characters to use within the Grand Theft Auto Online Character Creation System.

Unique Vehicles and Garage Property
    Players will instantly receive a garage to store custom vehicles. In single player, the garage will be stocked with the 1930’s style Hotknife hotrod and the CarbonRS sports bike. In Grand Theft Auto Online, players will get the high-end Khamelion electric car.

The Grand Theft Auto V Collector’s Edition and Grand Theft Auto V Special Edition are the perfect way for fans to celebrate the return of GTA, with special digital content and exclusive Grand Theft Auto V physical items. Grand Theft Auto V Collector’s Edition will retail for $149.99, while the Grand Theft Auto V Special Edition will retail for $79.99. All versions are now available for pre-order until September 17, 2013 while supplies last.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    $150.00!!! :eek:

Are they out of their cotton picking minds?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tnt wrote: »
    $150.00!!! :eek:

Are they out of their cotton picking minds?

But you get a Los Santos hat ! :D

Rockstar have gone way down imo. Yes, they have done this with RDR and Max Payne but DLC additional guns ? GTAForums are going nuts over all this.
  • Options
    Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    10 years ago i'd have been seriously considering buying that collectors edition (i was a bit of a RG fanboy) but thankfully, when i hit my 30s, i was overcome with a little thing called common sense.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Delboy219 wrote: »
    10 years ago i'd have been seriously considering buying that collectors edition (i was a bit of a RG fanboy) but thankfully, when i hit my 30s, i was overcome with a little thing called common sense.

Wish everyone would take this view, maybe then they would add all this content as standard and not shaft us.
  • Options
    kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I want it! :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kendoguk wrote: »
    I want it! :p

:(:(:(
    :D

Hope you enjoy it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't say I'd buy it though :-/
  • Options
    RubricalRubrical Posts: 2,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Since I'm a bit of a sucker when it comes to GTA I might opt for the Collector's Edition... but then again common sense is telling me to stick to the Special. Better do special. It's just a cap for God's sake!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The hot rod looks great though and a blimp!!
  • Options
    Nolan DeckardNolan Deckard Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The blimp is for anyone who preorders any edition of the game.

Will probably spend the bit extra and get the Special Edition.
  • Options
    General LunacyGeneral Lunacy Posts: 735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blimp? BLIMP??

ERMAGGAARRDDSSS I want it.

GTA Blimp. Yeah booooooooooyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow someone who put into words what I was thinking :p
  • Options
    Premium-OnionPremium-Onion Posts: 3,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will be in Game first thing tomorrow to upgrade my deposit to the special edition.

Ideally I'd love the collectors edition but it might be a bit too much money for me so close to next gen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is the collectors edition available for pre order in the uk? I found the special but not the collectors.
  • Options
    Premium-OnionPremium-Onion Posts: 3,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kendoguk wrote: »
    Is the collectors edition available for pre order in the uk? I found the special but not the collectors.

Yeah, Shopto and Game are doing them I know for certainty. The Special is only available at Game.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cheers batman
This discussion has been closed.