Options

Liz Jones - YOU magazine (Part 4)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 125
    Forum Member
    Anybody see Jonesey on the C5 NHS debate? Real car-crash stuff... incoherent and ill-thought out... she really shouldn't speak in public.
  • Options
    Suzy_CatSuzy_Cat Posts: 1,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KeepBooks wrote: »
    £££££

The question is: Why has HE got engaged to her?

Oh, wait... same answer.

No no no, it is his overweening desire for her teenager-like body and capacity to provide a palatial overleveraged country home with manicured lawns, albeit without anything to cook on.

The remark in this week's Diary suggesting she's so annoyed with him for being attracted to her is just... How can these people POSSIBLY live together? I suppose that's supposed to be the hook. Watch the car-crash in slow motion.
  • Options
    Poppy99_PoppyPoppy99_Poppy Posts: 2,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yesterday's Dreary was just a whingefest and, as usual, she belittled the Baker.

I can't understand why she called Pimlico Plumbers to install a new light fitting in D. Scrace's bathroom. Should it not have been a firm of Electricians? :confused: I must admit at first I thought all that was needed was a new lightbulb and wondered why neither of them could change a bulb!

It's obvious she doesn't love him so why has she got engaged to him? No doubt he's just column fodder for her. If she can't put up with his alarm awakening her at 3.00a.m., I don't think there's much future for them as a couple.
    Pimlico Plumbers do electrics too. They are considered an elite firm, very famous, had their own TV series. She couldn't just call in any old spark to fix it - she even name drops for this most mundane of tasks too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    Anybody see Jonesey on the C5 NHS debate? Real car-crash stuff... incoherent and ill-thought out... she really shouldn't speak in public.

She doesn't come across as very bright does she?
  • Options
    lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pimlico Plumbers do electrics too. They are considered an elite firm, very famous, had their own TV series. She couldn't just call in any old spark to fix it - she even name drops for this most mundane of tasks too.

*bangs head off wall*

I give up. Even the bloody plumber has to be 'designer'. This woman is truly pathetic.
  • Options
    KeepBooksKeepBooks Posts: 39
    Forum Member

I had to go watch it and I am AMAZED all she had to contribute is that British nurses don't starch their uniforms any longer and won't go months without seeing their children in order to prove their dedication to nursing.

And what's wrong with her mouth? It's all wonky in a Humphrey Bogart way now.
  • Options
    Mr CurmudgeonMr Curmudgeon Posts: 126
    Forum Member
    She doesn't come across as very bright does she?

You don't have to be very bright to earn money from the Daily Mail or any other tabloid. Just take a look at the C5 'Josie Cunningham documentary' last night. All you need is to have little or no morals, be prepared to jump on to that 'hamster-wheel', collect the pay-cheques and accept the repercussions by taking the hits.

As editor of the DM, Paul Dacre will 'squeeze-the-pips' and leverage whatever is put before him... hence Lizard's longevity in the absence of any talent. The tabloids are nothing more than a 21st-Century 'Freak-Show'. And Lizard provides great polemic-content as a resident 'freak'.

Liz has made - and lost, through her own issues - a great deal of money from poor journalism over the years, but she's always been in the right place in the right time... albeit whilst living on the knife-edge. If she'd had sense, she would have taken her pay-cheques and put some money away for a rainy-day; but she's spent it at Space-NK, on buttery-leather and living a life-style beyond her means. She's succeeded in digging herself into an ever deeper hole.Put another way, her gross habits have always matched or exceeded her very healthy - £500k p.a. - net income.

I don't know Liz, but I don't sense that she's ever been academically - much less emotionally - intelligent. She's always been a 'street-fighter'... but these days she's being expected to run faster and faster or fall off the wheel altogether... and she's well beyond her sell-by date on every level.

There's a part of me that feels sorry that a mid-fifties lady with issues has failed to earn anything from her life/incarnation, but there's another part of me that feels that her perceived 'success' only serves to fuel the bankrupt system.

Neither Liz Jones nor Josie Cunningham would amount amount to much unless they had a paymaster. But truthfully, I believe that it's not just Liz and Josie that need to go... I believe that the 'media' that serve up this trash should also disappear.

Perhaps the DM should actually start reading the negative comments from readers on their articles and change their ways, rather than believing that any publicity is good publicity.
  • Options
    Mr CurmudgeonMr Curmudgeon Posts: 126
    Forum Member
    KeepBooks wrote: »
    I had to go watch it and I am AMAZED all she had to contribute is that British nurses don't starch their uniforms any longer and won't go months without seeing their children in order to prove their dedication to nursing.

Why would you or anyone be amazed ? :confused: Unless you hadn't read anything she's written for the past few years...

Whilst many of us feel some sense of community and at least the most basic stirrings of empathy amongst those around us, Liz has continually prostituted herself by selling her nearest and dearest off 'in-print' in return for a large cheque each month.

She's garnered some support from minority groups by anthropomorphising animals, going on CBB and hanging on to vegans 'til grim death... but please read what she's written before expressing amazement...
  • Options
    KeepBooksKeepBooks Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    She's garnered some support from minority groups by anthropomorphising animals, going on CBB and hanging on to vegans 'til grim death... but please read what she's written before expressing amazement...

I've read her column for many, many years. The NHS debate was a perfect platform for her to put forth actual facts regarding the state of the NHS, given her experience with her mothers long-term care and it WAS amazing that she let that opportunity pass with simply a comment on starched uniforms.
  • Options
    Gail_SorleyGail_Sorley Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    Per Mr. Curmudgeon -- "Neither Liz Jones nor Josie Cunningham would amount amount to much unless they had a paymaster. But truthfully, I believe that it's not just Liz and Josie that need to go... I believe that the 'media' that serve up this trash should also disappear."

While I agree with these two particular thoughts, the REAL problem is the oxygen of publicity given these two by the people who follow them -- us! Liz Jones can be a good writer, or at least, used to be, as her dissections of fashion collections could be astute and detailed. Even some of her interview pieces aren't too bad. The Diary is just written for shock value and reader response, more than anything, I think, and it's the collective ire that rises at her thoughtless, self-centered, and just plain stupid actions and comments that shows Dacre and anybody else that she IS being read and followed. The fact she pisses people off is beside the point, it's the intensity and volume of comments that's important.

Josie Cunningham is trying to make a career for herself by being obnoxious, annoying and provocative, like a low-rent Katie Hopkins. She is talentless and brainless, but she's going to beat the system at its own game as she comes out with more and more outrageous statements and actions tha draw a reaction from people. If there was little or even no reaction from people, she would be making a jerk of herself in a vacuum and hopefully fade away. As long as people react to her, she will continue her antics. This is why I deliberately didn't watch her program last night, and I don't open anything online that has to do with her -- I'm trying to deny her any publicity oxygen she might benefit from if I were to do so. Just let her slither back under the rock she came out from.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 125
    Forum Member
    Well... if the rambling op-ed piece in the Mail Online is anything to go by... it looks like she was dropped at Christmas as she's back in full-on bile mode when referring to other people's children. Again, and no surprise, 95% of the farticle is recycled. More significantly, this is yet another piece with no reference to 'my boyfriend' and dishing out a slagging to parents (which her ex happened to be). So... looks like he grew some at last and she's back where she secretly always wanted to be: whining whyyyy meeeee every week from now until the ending of the world.
  • Options
    BellaFigaBellaFiga Posts: 1,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to say, if that was an accurate record of their Christmas day, I would have bogged off too, no matter how far it was. It's constant sniping, point-scoring, grudges held and re-presented: a bit like her columns really.

Run fast David Scrace, run fast!
  • Options
    Suzy_CatSuzy_Cat Posts: 1,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PLEASE let the Baker remain free!

I wonder how her "apology" where she blamed her nascent drinking problem went down?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good lord, her parent-attacking piece is awful! I'm sure it's all made up anyway. I was little in the sixties and of course there were birthday parties. OK my party dress was secondhand, but it was still a party dress!

And most kids I know today are absolutely lovely. My niece and nephew are two of the most polite and thoughtful kids I've met. She talks such unremitting shit.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    Suzy_Cat wrote: »
    PLEASE let the Baker remain free!

I wonder how her "apology" where she blamed her nascent drinking problem went down?

But he won't will he? predict next week he'll be back, cap in hand, with a grovelling apology. And it'll all start again...
    Otherwise no column, nothing to write about. Yawn.
  • Options
    House of JonesHouse of Jones Posts: 124
    Forum Member
    I have to say (and this is subject to all the usual caveats about how true all of this stuff Liz writes is) that if I were a friend of David, I would be very concerned. This woman not only clearly doesn't like him very much (if at all), but she is using a nationally published column to insult and humiliate him week after week. Unless he is some kind of masochist, or is in it for the money (in which case he's in for a shock, because there is none), you'd be telling him to get out surely?? His family must absolutely hate her.
  • Options
    AligatorCatAligatorCat Posts: 225
    Forum Member
    And she gave the boots (only Jigsaw...) away presumably in front of him. How rude and ungrateful. ..
  • Options
    jabegyjabegy Posts: 6,201
    Forum Member
    BellaFiga wrote: »
    Good lord, her parent-attacking piece is awful! I'm sure it's all made up anyway. I was little in the sixties and of course there were birthday parties. OK my party dress was secondhand, but it was still a party dress!

And most kids I know today are absolutely lovely. My niece and nephew are two of the most polite and thoughtful kids I've met. She talks such unremitting shit.

I was fuming when I read that article, I don't know why I should be so surprised though, she, as you so eloquently put it, does talk absolute shit !!!. She speaks as someone who knows what it's like to bring up kids, thinks they aren't as intelligent as dogs and doesn't even like them. What a nasty, small minded, petulant piece of work she is, why anyone in their right mind would fancy her I haven't a clue. My two grandsons are lovely little boys, who are lovingly, being brought up to have respect. When I give them something, they automatically say 'thank you nanny'. She is a nasty bitter old woman, who can't seem to write anything but bile.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well the bitter old trout is certainly back isn't she?!

Liz the feminist strikes again! These pro-women thoughts are just waiting to be shared:

- The baby, apparently, slept in her bed (the now oh-too-familiar child as substitute husband scenario).

- When you are child-free, you are presumed, by your planet-destroying friends and family – who made the decision to have children without consulting you or anyone else, least of all their husbands

- The real enemies of female empowerment are mums who refuse to instil values into their children.

Feminist my @rse, if anything she's a misogynist! She might drop female names into her columns calling them friends but on the whole she hates and distrusts women.

So, in the world of Liz not only do nasty women trap their husbands into having kids, they then treat these kids as substitute husbands (making the husbands sleep elsewhere?) and then, just to add to their wickedness, let the man have no say whatsoever in the bringing up of that child. Got to feel sorry for the poor men, they have no chance to instil any values in their children because of women :( Damn them women! >:( Surely someone should be doing something for these poor maligned men?! I'm surprised Bob Geldof hasn't got a load of pals together to sing about their fate and raise loads of money to release them from their shackles! *roll eyes*

Side note: she talks about parents (surely a mistake, she meant 'mothers') spoiling their children - just what does she think she's doing to this nephew? Scuba-diving African holiday, ipad, laptop, paying for his iphone and no doubt the cash at xmas which wasn't acknowledged. Liz meet hypocrisy ...

As to the column. So David was silent over dinner, how on earth was she surprised? She makes no indication that she gave away the boots furtively behind his back so he must have been well aware of what she'd done, and done before dinner. The dinner where no doubt Nic sat there with a grin like a cheshire cat and a 'I told you so, I know her best!!' look upon her face. Poor bloke. And how utterly disloyal of Lizard. He's supposed to be her fiancee, him and his feelings are supposed to matter to her yet she callously gave away a present on the same day as receiving it - was it supposed to teach him a lesson? Something like 'when someone gives you advice, listen?'. Well I can only hope that she is the one who is taught a lesson with him saying 'eff you, I'm not coming back!' - but we all know that in the next few weeks he'll reappear, expressing his never ending love and doffing his cap *roll eyes*

I've said it before and I'll say it again, just marry Nic Liz and be finished!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The giving away of the boots as soon as she got them was beyond rude. She's vile. Vile, vile, vile.
  • Options
    AligatorCatAligatorCat Posts: 225
    Forum Member
    Wasn't she on This Morning once talking about stealing her husbands sperm? (Apologies to anyone eating their Sunday dinner).....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BellaFiga wrote: »
    The giving away of the boots as soon as she got them was beyond rude. She's vile. Vile, vile, vile.

Disloyal to him and completely heartless. She knew him and Nic had strong words about it (if it's not all a load of baloney of course) and she basically let Nic 'win' with her actions instead of doing what most of us do, thanking him then once he'd gone shoving the unwanted pressie in the back of the cupboard. He'd put some thought into it and OK he might have got it wrong by her very exacting and very expensive standards but at least he was trying and didn't deserve that. She thinks Jigsaw isn't good enough for her? At this moment I'm wondering if she even deserves Primark.

I don't think it takes a genius to guess that that was the real reason for the walk out on boxing day whatever he said. Oh and she didn't have the bathroom light fixed out of the goodness of her heart, It was his christmas present! A present that only she seemed bothered about ...
  • Options
    Gail_SorleyGail_Sorley Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    Lotty27 -- Oh and she didn't have the bathroom light fixed out of the goodness of her heart, It was his christmas present! A present that only she seemed bothered about ...

and a present that only really benefited HER!!
  • Options
    BadcatBadcat Posts: 3,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please run away Bakerboy.. run away as fast as you can.

As a childless woman by choice I found her bile about kids to be disgusting. Kids today are the same as kids throughout history, you get good parents and bad parents, you get good kids and bad kids.

So what if she went to someones house and the kids were asleep and she had to text. Oh lord!! She had to text her friend instead of knock!!! The shame!! And did her friend ASK her for the cashmere tops for the kids?? My. money is on no (and cashmere?? for kids?? How the HELL is the mum to wash them?? She has no bloody clue...)

Lizard is like those horrible spinster aunts who expect kids to be dressed in what they bought them and stand there still and not speaking, like some bizarre Victorian era throwback.

And again her attack was all about money, especially about the woman who invoiced for a no show birthday. My god woman, be happy the boy wanted to see his grandparents instead of going to a party, how lovely he wanted to spend time with them, who knows how long they will be on this planet. But the Lizard cannot understand this as she has no concept of the need of another human being wanting to see someone else without money being involved.

And the xmas day thing?? Jesus wept. How would SHE feel if bakerboy gave away one of his presents from her, in front of her, to someone she knows hates her? I'd be quiet if someone at the table hated me, he was most prob in fear of saying the wrong thing and upsetting the holy sainted Nic.

She doesn't deserve him. In fact, she doesn't deserve anyone. She is a self centred hollow hearted human who thinks everyone else is beneath her.

I try to see the best in people but with her... I don't think she has any "best" unless it's for her own needs and wants. She is an emotional vampire and I've learnt from past experience to avoid those types of people like the plague.

I hope he leaves her and finds someone who is happy with no bathroom light, sitting in bed watching telly and snacking and who lets him make whatever sarnies he fancies, whenever he fancies it. You know, a normal woman :D

(and WHAT curry takes 3 hours to make??!! I make curries all the time and the only one that took THAT long was a homemade dhanask which I had to soak 3 types of ruddy lentils and crush some bloody bark and whole spices with a pestle and mortar until my arms fell off. And I didn't complain about it ALL day... was ruddy lovely mind, Mr BC had thirds)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would imagine the lack of comments on the diary this week is down to the fact that most of them say "You cow".