Options

Box reporting a clash when none exists

Mark.Mark. Posts: 84,925
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'm trying to set up a manual radio recording for tomorrow at the same time as another recording is scheduled - just one other recording. But my box is reporting a clash.

I had noticed some strange behaviour with radio recordings where the box would report the same recording entered twice in the planner. This is something I first noticed when trying to schedule a recording on top of a weekly-repeating radio recording. Previously I was able to delete the "phantom" schedule, but since the new software I don't have that option.

Can anyone offer a suggestion? I tried a planner rebuild but to no avail.

Comments

• Options
    NsewellNsewell Posts: 824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is the other recording from a radio channel or a TV channel?

Have you tried deleting both the other scheduled recording and setting them both up from new? Perhaps try setting up the radio one first.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It happens no matter what I try and schedule. So deleting the currently scheduled recording and trying to add in two random planner recordings at the same time has the same behaviour.

But it only happens at the time where previously I had a weekly-repeating radio recording - of which there is no trace in the planner. It's as if the box still thinks it's scheduled, but doesn't appear and doesn't record.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    Check ur signal and both inputs are ok

The make sure ur have sufficient memory on ur box ( delete viewed progsAND empty ur deleted programs list)

Ensure u box software is up to date.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Both inputs have good signal, there's plenty of free space and the software is up to date.

I can schedule two recordings at most other times, but not in times when I've previously had a recurring radio recording.

Earlier today, I set BBC1 to record (1pm-5.20pm) but couldn't also manually set BBC Radio Scotland to record (noon-8.30pm). I also couldn't set any planner recordings that overlapped with BBC1. Previously, I had a weekly-recurring recording of BBC Radio Scotland (12.01pm-5.30pm).

Curiously, once the BBC1 recording had started, I was able to schedule another overlapping recording. But if I try and schedule two recordings for similar times next Saturday, it's the same problem of only being allowed to have one.
  • Options
    RichardcoulterRichardcoulter Posts: 30,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark. wrote: »
    Both inputs have good signal, there's plenty of free space and the software is up to date.

I can schedule two recordings at most other times, but not in times when I've previously had a recurring radio recording.

Earlier today, I set BBC1 to record (1pm-5.20pm) but couldn't also manually set BBC Radio Scotland to record (noon-8.30pm). I also couldn't set any planner recordings that overlapped with BBC1. Previously, I had a weekly-recurring recording of BBC Radio Scotland (12.01pm-5.30pm).

Curiously, once the BBC1 recording had started, I was able to schedule another overlapping recording. But if I try and schedule two recordings for similar times next Saturday, it's the same problem of only being allowed to have one.

I've had this with my Virgin Media box. Most of the time I've found it to be because the buffering overlaps and it thinks you are trying to record three things at once.

For example, two half hour programmes are set to record at 1.30 and 2pm. An attempt is then made to set a recording for a film from 1 to 3pm.

Because I have buffering set to two minutes either side, a clash is reported because from 1.58pm to 2.02pm I am attempting to record three things with the two tuners available. (The V+ box isn't intelligent enough to know that it doesn't require padding for two consecutive recordings from the same channel either, if that is the case.)

In this case I would cancel the two shows, set the film to record and then add the two shows back again. It would then know to drop the padding to enable all three recordings.

Maybe it works once the programme has started because the 'clash' period has passed?? In my example the film should be able to be added any time after 2.02pm.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought I'd bump this because I've just found the source of the problem.

It turns out that the "clashing" recordings were in the "Deleted" tab of the planner. Not actual recordings - just scheduled recordings, with series link markers. Permanently deleted and I can now set two recordings whenever I want.

Unbelievable!