Virgin Price Increase!!

John146John146 Posts: 12,926
Forum Member
✭✭
Received a letter Saturday, as from September this year the cost will increase by £3.00 per month, doesn't seem that long since Virgin increased their prices, will have to look at decreasing our package.

Comments

• KevinessKeviness Posts: 2,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I've not received any letter like this, as soon as the price increases I'll be leaving them.
  • gothergother Posts: 14,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    John146 wrote: »
    Received a letter Saturday, as from September this year the cost will increase by £3.00 per month, doesn't seem that long since Virgin increased their prices, will have to look at decreasing our package.

This is only for XL tv to cover their costs of adding bt sport europe to it. No other packs will get the increase.
  • Ned_SeagoonNed_Seagoon Posts: 125
    Forum Member
    Last year I got a letter from Virgin stating that the price would increase by something like £2.50 pm. I was already paying for the cable line on an annual basis, so the £2.50 was purely for Broadband (lowest level).

I phoned them saying the increase seemed excessive. They told me the price increase wasn't going to be £2.50 but £3.50 (not sure of the exact figures but the letter showed a figure of £1.00 less than what they were going to charge me). Good Hey?

The representative then said that she would look at "what she could do for me" and actually came up with an annual price, paid monthly, which was less than what I was paying at the time and it wouldn't be increased by the £2 .50/£3.50. Pretty good under the circumstances.

One disadvantage of paying an annual line rental is you can't move to another provider if a good deal is available.