Why did Simon not ORDER Cheryl to put Gamu through to live shows...

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 758
Forum Member
✭✭
considering both he and Nicole thought that Gamu could win?!

Comments

• kochspostulateskochspostulates Posts: 3,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She didn't hold a valid working visa and they couldn't have paid her as an employee?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably because he and the producers became aware of her sticky legal situation regarding her immigration status.

It amazes me how fans still fail to understand that her immigration problem meant that they HAD to rule her out. They had no idea if she could have been deported in the middle of the show or not.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    I imagine that would conflict with the part where he ordered her not to.

(seriously, I think she was told not to because of the visa issues, and otherwise she would have been a shoo-in for the wildcard at least, just going by auditions/bootcamp coverage.)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She didn't hold a valid working visa and they couldn't have paid her as an employee?

But if this is the real reason Cheryl did not put her through, why did the X Factor team not simply say this at the time when Cheryl was being called racist etc??
    Forum Member
    FernandoM wrote: »
    But if this is the real reason Cheryl did not put her through, why did the X Factor team not simply say this at the time when Cheryl was being called racist etc??

I would guess that they want to keep up the illusion of the mentors choosing their own acts, rather than admitting that the choice had been made for her. I think Cheryl was actually thrown under a bus with that, but I guess it's what comes with being an XF judge.
  • iainiain Posts: 63,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    considering both he and Nicole thought that Gamu could win?!

um, because it was up to Cheryl, not Simon.

get_over_it for goodness sake.

Iain
  • dagger42dagger42 Posts: 295
    Forum Member
    Simon decides who goes through anyway all the groups are his. Who will make most money out of Matt's win Simon or Danni
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    anactoria wrote: »
    I would guess that they want to keep up the illusion of the mentors choosing their own acts, rather than admitting that the choice had been made for her. I think Cheryl was actually thrown under a bus with that, but I guess it's what comes with being an XF judge.

But this wasn't just an instruction from the X Factor Team. It was an order from Immigration that Gamu did not have the right to legally work.

I think that they would have been better to simply say this at the time of all the flying racism accusations.
  • BrokenArrowBrokenArrow Posts: 21,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was not eligible to appear on the show in the first place.

She should never have been put through to the judges house.

I think they realised that and rectified their mistake.
    Forum Member
    But this wasn't just an instruction from the X Factor Team. It was an order from Immigration that Gamu did not have the right to legally work.

I think that they would have been better to simply say this at the time of all the flying racism accusations.

Yeah, but admitting it would have insinuated that Katie & Cher weren't put through entirely on merit. I mean, I agree that they should probably have come out & said it, but I can see why they didn't.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was not eligible to appear on the show in the first place.

She should never have been put through to the judges house.

I think they realised that and rectified their mistake.

I agree with the above but why did they not just say Gamu did not have the required legal papers etc? Some of the racism accusations towards Cheryl were becoming quite nasty - it went beyond a joke.

I guess they'll know that in future they need to check people's immigration status from the outset!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    I still think they had planned to bring her in as a Wildcard. They would have got all the publicity from those outraged that she didn't get through then brought her back. But then her visa problems became apparent and they didn't want to take the risk of her being deported in the middle of the series.
  • UnrealityTVUnrealityTV Posts: 1,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Go gettem, you flog that dead horse, OP! :yawn:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,345
    Forum Member
    She was never going to win anyway. :)