Cilla Black Blocked?

Comments

• BalthusBalthus Posts: 2,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cilla Black Blocked?

A handful of senna pods would soon cure her constipation...
  • treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And Cliff Richard.

I used to be a member of the same sports club as Cliff and he always came across as a normal bloke.
    He was treated no different to anybody else and had no special priveleges and he seemed to like it that way.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An old school friend of mine works as cabin crew for BA. I'm so tempted to message him on Facebook and ask if it's true about Cilla being a nightmare:D
  • Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A couple of years ago my dad was sorting out all his LPs (Albums)he had collected over the years and left a Cilla Black one on the sofa (god knows why he had it) and my mum came along and sat on it and broke it in half - best thing she has ever done :D
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I met her in a lift at Earls Court several years ago. She looked at me as though I was something she should scrape from her shoe! Foul woman!
  • asp746asp746 Posts: 7,286
    Forum Member
    i'm disappointed in cilla - us scousers are a friendly bunch but every family has one:D
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whip wrote: »
    I know a couple of people that have worked with her and neither of them have a good word to say about her.

Me too. Know someone who used to work on Blind Date and he has nothing but bad things to say. he was gutted because he is a bit of an old queen (his words) and thought she'd be fabulous. However, he soon realised what an act the good old Cilla, everyone favourite Scouse aunty persona is and she's a hideous old crone, apparently.

Also, he swears that the second the cameras are off, the scouse accent is dropped and she speaks with a cut glass home counties accent
  • cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    asp746 wrote: »
    i'm disappointed in cilla - us scousers are a friendly bunch but every family has one:D

dont worry...she hasnt been a scouser for years:D , ive yet to read a good word about her. I think there is a ring around her and normal people are not allowed to get within a barge pole's length of her.
  • alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My sister-in-law used to look after Cilla's dogs when she was travelling. SIL is the sweetest person ever, and to hear her express her thoughts on Ms Black was gobsmackingly shocking.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My sister-in-law used to look after Cilla's dogs when she was travelling. SIL is the sweetest person ever, and to hear her express her thoughts on Ms Black was gobsmackingly shocking.

Shame you can't say more, alfie, as you probably won't want to drop your SIL in it, but we can imagine ;)
    Any juicy bits you can reveal, though?
  • alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    Shame you can't say more, alfie, as you probably won't want to drop your SIL in it, but we can imagine ;)
    Any juicy bits you can reveal, though?
    I can't really:( Suffice to say everything that is said about our Cilla is true. And her house is a shit tip too.
  • PADDY75PADDY75 Posts: 785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Valere wrote: »
    She's one of the most obvious fakes there is. I can't believe anyone would buy her TV persona for a second.

Why? They buy Ant & Dec's cheeky chappie schtick and James Corden's lovable big lump schtick. Both are rumoured to be a complete nightmares to work with. Corden in particular is a major egoist and cannot hide this, except of course when there is a camera on him.
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There was a link to a chat forum for airline staff, on here, a while ago. In it, they discussed celebrity passengers, and slated Cilla.

The same group of BA cabin crew also slated normal passengers labellling them all smelly and annoying whilst a group of Virgin crew called their clients chavs. So how much of their opinions should we take with a pinch of salt ?

Cilla was also labellled miserable in the nineties by BA crew as her husband ordered a bottle of champagne but Cilla was very quiet and didnt chat with the crew, I wasnt aware that a passeneger had to chat with crew if they didnt feel like it ?
  • deedee1962deedee1962 Posts: 3,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The problem I have is If Cilla is as horrid as you all make her out to be why do people like Paul Ogrady, Dale Winton, Martine McCutcheon and the late Brian Epstein plus George Martin and all The Beatles Ringo the most love her if she is the horrid witch you all say she is, I have met her twice and she was down to earth and lovely and she made me feel like a long lost friend.

Don't tell me that all the people I mention are as horrid either because George Harrison was far from horrid yes he could be grumpy but most people who knew him said he was a lovely person. Cilla is best friends with Pattie Boyd who was married to George in the 60's early 70's.
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    deedee1962 wrote: »
    The problem I have is If Cilla is as horrid as you all make her out to be why do people like Paul Ogrady, Dale Winton, Martine McCutcheon and the late Brian Epstein plus George Martin and all The Beatles Ringo the most love her if she is the horrid witch you all say she is, I have met her twice and she was down to earth and lovely and she made me feel like a long lost friend.

Don't tell me that all the people I mention are as horrid either because George Harrison was far from horrid yes he could be grumpy but most people who knew him said he was a lovely person. Cilla is best friends with Pattie Boyd who was married to George in the 60's early 70's.

Cilla might as a rule be nicer to people in the industry like herself (as in her mind they're important like her) but most of the time have an attitude with people, particularly those in the in service industries which she seems to have a particularly bad attitude with? I have no idea if you're a fan who's met her or what the circumstances were, but maybe she's better with her fans :confused: Or you were lucky enough to catch her on two good days! :D But one thing for certain, it can't be co-incidence that there's hardly any good stories about her, yours is one of the few I've come across.
  • Mr McGoldrickMr McGoldrick Posts: 568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The problem I have is that there have always been a number of female "singers" who were prominent in the early sixties, who were at the right parties and scratched the right backs and who have built a career on it since. Cilla and Lulu are but two. In fairness to Lulu she can still belt out a tune.
    The last time I saw Cilla she certainly wasnt singing, she had a big red alky face, and a nose like a blind cobblers thumb.
    However she did know the Beatles - I dont think shes ever mentioned that.......................
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The problem I have is that there have always been a number of female "singers" who were prominent in the early sixties, who were at the right parties and scratched the right backs and who have built a career on it since. Cilla and Lulu are but two. In fairness to Lulu she can still belt out a tune.
    The last time I saw Cilla she certainly wasnt singing, she had a big red alky face, and a nose like a blind cobblers thumb.
    However she did know the Beatles - I dont think shes ever mentioned that.......................

That is a bit unfair as she was and still is a friend Of Ringo's and Paul's, People seem to think that she only knew them in The Cavern and in the 60's well she actually went on holiday with Paul and Linda and had many dinners with them, Ringo went round for dinner at her house many times and prob still does for all I know, George and Pattie spent new years eve round at Cilla's house in1969, John invited her to his erection movie and she spent time on a ship with George and Ringo at it. The great George Martin has had many holidays with her family and is still so close to her.
    She has known Ringo so long she used to do his mothers hair well before they were famous.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lotty27 wrote: »
    Cilla might as a rule be nicer to people in the industry like herself (as in her mind they're important like her) but most of the time have an attitude with people, particularly those in the in service industries which she seems to have a particularly bad attitude with? I have no idea if you're a fan who's met her or what the circumstances were, but maybe she's better with her fans :confused: Or you were lucky enough to catch her on two good days! :D But one thing for certain, it can't be co-incidence that there's hardly any good stories about her, yours is one of the few I've come across.

I am a massive fan of The Beatles and have been for 35 years. I do like Cilla and I have fond memories of her Cilla show that was on the BBC and I like many of her 60's songs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OK Then!!! wrote: »
    I have heard Paul O Grady is a very nice down to earth and genuine person- so why would he be friends with a 'bitch from hell' That said Ive heard shes not that pleasant.

My dad also knew Paul and couldn't speak highly enough of him, yet Cilla....... from what I;ve heard the son seems to have taken over from the father in terms of sheilding her from everything - thoroughyl unpleasant snob he is too.

Surely we all know someone we really like who has a friend or other half we're not so keen on? Maybe it's as others say, she only treats other celebs as her equals. How quickly she's forgotten her Scottie Road beginnings......
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PADDY75 wrote: »
    Why? They buy Ant & Dec's cheeky chappie schtick and James Corden's lovable big lump schtick. Both are rumoured to be a complete nightmares to work with. Corden in particular is a major egoist and cannot hide this, except of course when there is a camera on him.

I can't understand this because after my mother had seen Dec on a visit back here, she claimed he was quite friendly with everyone. I wonder how true these rumours are. Hmm. Probably just complete gossip likely.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anne Field wrote: »
    My dad also knew Paul and couldn't speak highly enough of him, yet Cilla....... from what I;ve heard the son seems to have taken over from the father in terms of sheilding her from everything - thoroughyl unpleasant snob he is too.

Surely we all know someone we really like who has a friend or other half we're not so keen on? Maybe it's as others say, she only treats other celebs as her equals. How quickly she's forgotten her Scottie Road beginnings......

But she is still friends with Cynthia Lennon, Cynthia says so in her John book, Cynthia is really only known for being John's first wife not really a celebrity in her own right as such, but she still sees Cilla and is friends with her. I have met Cynthia Lennon at her book signing she is quite shy and a lovely lady who dosn't strike me as someone who would be friends with a cow and witch.
  • saxman25osaxman25o Posts: 3,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cazzz wrote: »
    dont worry...she hasnt been a scouser for years:D , ive yet to read a good word about her. I think there is a ring around her and normal people are not allowed to get within a barge pole's length of her.

well I believe I am ( Normal) and I met Cilla and got a lot closer to her than a barge pole :D , she was really sweet to me and called me by my name and was really kind :) so now you can rest in peace ;)at last you have read some good words about her !
  • elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What I'm not really understanding is, ok, so we can conclude sometimes Cilla Black has an attitude problem.

And...?
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am a massive fan of The Beatles and have been for 35 years. I do like Cilla and I have fond memories of her Cilla show that was on the BBC and I like many of her 60's songs.

I was born on 27th May the same as her, she was 22 the day I was born and my mum has never shut up about it since! :mad::D Apparently it was all over the radio that day and they were playing her songs over and over etc so she was pretty big at the time (music wise).

Glad you had a good experience with her as you're a fan :)

PS: Maybe it's just the service industries she has it in for for some reason :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OK Then!!! wrote: »
    I have heard Paul O Grady is a very nice down to earth and genuine person- so why would he be friends with a 'bitch from hell' That said Ive heard shes not that pleasant.
    She might be nice to him