Options

Daily Mail's latest body part target

FatsiaFatsia Posts: 1,187
Forum Member
✭✭✭
OK first it was cankles - the DM story that wanted everybody racing to their mirror to check for in a panic.

Earlier this week we had "which type of Bingo Wing do you have?", along with some really helpful photographic evidence in the shape of Beth Ditto, Sharon Osbourne and Penelope Cruz. Seriously?! Penelope Cruz? Apparently yes, Penelope Cruz - she of the well-known bingo wings. :rolleyes:

So today's Body Part Paranoia(TM) is focussing on knee wrinkles. Yep. Targetting Katie Holmes (age 33! yes! hideous old crone, get thee to a plastic surgeon!), Elle McPherson (look, she's imperfect, a wrinkle near the patella!) and Demi Moore (who apparently does have time to worry about saggy knees and had surgery on them before).

The article goes on to say that the "the only real fix is to fork out for an £8,000 surgical thigh lift, where the entire skin of the thigh is pulled up — though it leaves a major knee-to-groin scar down the inner thigh"..... leading to the question - how long before the DM Sidebar of Shame starts squawking out "Has [insert celebrity name here] had her knees lifted? Tell-tale scars on inner thigh in our exclusive bikini shots".

:mad::mad:

I know, I know. Step AWAY from the Daily Mail and take 3 deep breaths :o

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The "journalists" who write for that cat-litter liner are scumbags. I don't know how they live with themselves, to be honest. I'd think that writing these kind of pieces would be a bit like selling your soul to the devil.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The 'journalists' for that paper are nasty pieces of work. They're also incredibly fake as well. They're not bothered though, just so long as they get their wages. They're fit for the gutter and have no concious half the time. It's as if they don't want overweight people reading their paper. Honestly, bunch of muppets.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Demi and Elle are in their late 40's and look fantastic. How dare they not have exactly the same bodies as they had when they were 25!!

Seriously, the DM is getting worse by the day. In it's world, the only women who count are non working, but not claiming benefits, mothers but only if they had their children when they were under 30 and married to the only man they've ever slept with and physically perfect in every way.

I bet Liz Jones and Sam Brick don't have wrinkly knees and cankles ;)
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They already did a 'knee expose' :rolleyes: a couple of months ago....obviously in desperate need to fill a few pages if they're having to republish this again.

The DM still resides in 1952, certainly if its views on women are to be taken into account, anyway.
  • Options
    StockingfillerStockingfiller Posts: 3,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe having to publish a frank photo of every 'journalist' alongside every daft and demeaning article, would help. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They seem to have it in for Katie Holmes, they are forever slating her.

Pot and kettle journalism, look how much surgery the still very unattractive Liz Jones has had - paper bag next love.
  • Options
    Lorelei LaFleurLorelei LaFleur Posts: 4,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fatsia wrote: »
    OK first it was cankles - the DM story that wanted everybody racing to their mirror to check for in a panic.

Earlier this week we had "which type of Bingo Wing do you have?", along with some really helpful photographic evidence in the shape of Beth Ditto, Sharon Osbourne and Penelope Cruz. Seriously?! Penelope Cruz? Apparently yes, Penelope Cruz - she of the well-known bingo wings. :rolleyes:

So today's Body Part Paranoia(TM) is focussing on knee wrinkles. Yep. Targetting Katie Holmes (age 33! yes! hideous old crone, get thee to a plastic surgeon!), Elle McPherson (look, she's imperfect, a wrinkle near the patella!) and Demi Moore (who apparently does have time to worry about saggy knees and had surgery on them before).

The article goes on to say that the "the only real fix is to fork out for an £8,000 surgical thigh lift, where the entire skin of the thigh is pulled up — though it leaves a major knee-to-groin scar down the inner thigh"..... leading to the question - how long before the DM Sidebar of Shame starts squawking out "Has [insert celebrity name here] had her knees lifted? Tell-tale scars on inner thigh in our exclusive bikini shots".

:mad::mad:

I know, I know. Step AWAY from the Daily Mail and take 3 deep breaths :o

The scuzzbuckets that write these features use the excuse that they want 'ordinary' women to feel good about themselves by pointing out the physical flaws of celebrity women.
    Then we're treated to the sight of a close up of a minute piece of cellulite on a thigh which might actually be a shadow and recently they zoomed in on famous women's feet highlighting bunions and misshapen toes.
    Now apparently, it's their knees coming in for flak.
    It's a case of 'Look girls, they're not so perfect after all. Hasn't that just made your day' - er, no actually. :rolleyes:
    By reducing these women to a body part, the DM is disrespecting all women.
    The paper is disregarding all their acheivements, all their worth just to degrade and ridicule them.
    They are working women, some are mothers, they have more money and are well-known but they're still women just getting on with their lives like the rest of us.
    Give them a break, give all women a break you misogynist Daily Mail bastards. :mad:
  • Options
    Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    What makes me angry is the hypocrisy of that rag. They'll attack someone in their 40s for having plastic surgery and then a little further down they'll attack someone in their 40s for looking their age and not having plastic surgery.

Then of course we'll get the shocking pictures of Bimbo McShow-Off wearing scanty clothes and disgusting the general public. And this will be followed by stunning pics of Blondie O'Bimbo in a sexy bikini wowing admirers at the beach.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What makes me angry is the hypocrisy of that rag. They'll attack someone in their 40s for having plastic surgery and then a little further down they'll attack someone in their 40s for looking their age and not having plastic surgery.

Then of course we'll get the shocking pictures of Bimbo McShow-Off wearing scanty clothes and disgusting the general public. And this will be followed by stunning pics of Blondie O'Bimbo in a sexy bikini wowing admirers at the beach.

Great post and spot on.

We'll see a picture of someone like Lauren Goodger who is probably a size 12/14 being slagged off for being fat but then the next page will have Dawn French showing off her *slimline* size 18 body :confused:. Every female bigger than a size 8 is a heifer in DM land but then every female below a size 12 is borderline anorexic.

Basically, if you've got a vagina, the DM hates you - unless you're La Brick obviously :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We should all take to wearing burkas, that would really give them something to whinge about!
  • Options
    Lorelei LaFleurLorelei LaFleur Posts: 4,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let's have an uprising. :D
    We're mad as hell and we're not going to take it anymore.
    Lets march to the Daily Mail offices and put our knees ( wrinkled or not ) to good use on the DM hacks.
    Mind you, if I saw Liz Jones or Amanda Plattell, I wouldn't know who to knee first. :p
  • Options
    lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The scuzzbuckets that write these features use the excuse that they want 'ordinary' women to feel good about themselves by pointing out the physical flaws of celebrity women.
    Then we're treated to the sight of a close up of a minute piece of cellulite on a thigh which might actually be a shadow and recently they zoomed in on famous women's feet highlighting bunions and misshapen toes.
    Now apparently, it's their knees coming in for flak.
    It's a case of 'Look girls, they're not so perfect after all. Hasn't that just made your day' - er, no actually. :rolleyes:
    By reducing these women to a body part, the DM is disrespecting all women.
    The paper is disregarding all their acheivements, all their worth just to degrade and ridicule them.
    They are working women, some are mothers, they have more money and are well-known but they're still women just getting on with their lives like the rest of us.
    Give them a break, give all women a break you misogynist Daily Mail bastards. :mad:

Blondie X wrote: »
    Great post and spot on.

We'll see a picture of someone like Lauren Goodger who is probably a size 12/14 being slagged off for being fat but then the next page will have Dawn French showing off her *slimline* size 18 body :confused:. Every female bigger than a size 8 is a heifer in DM land but then every female below a size 12 is borderline anorexic.

Basically, if you've got a vagina, the DM hates you - unless you're La Brick obviously :rolleyes:

All great posts which I totally agree with, particularly with what I've bolded. DM is no friend of the female :mad: Though IMO they've set Samantha Brick up for ridicule so no, I don't honestly think they like her either, just snigger at her behind their hands and she's either in on the 'joke' and making alot of money so isn't bothered or is too thick to realise.

EDIT: Fatsia's opening post was great too, thought I'd highlighted it in my multi post. I often feel like you .... "step away from the DM website!" :D:D
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, this makes me laugh just for the sheer hypocrisy of it all. Meet Claudia Connell:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2143948/Confessions-pet-hater-So-happened-sent-Claudia-Connell-Britains-biggest-pet-fair.html

She apparently had hypnotherapy to make her believe that she had a gastric band, so she must feel like she can make fun of overweight women now that she's lost weight the easy way.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1196926/Weight-mind-A-hypnotist-Claudia-Connell-think-shed-gastric-band-fitted-astonished-results.html
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let's have an uprising. :D
    We're mad as hell and we're not going to take it anymore.
    Lets march to the Daily Mail offices and put our knees ( wrinkled or not ) to good use on the DM hacks.
    Mind you, if I saw Liz Jones or Amanda Plattell, I wouldn't know who to knee first. :p

Plattell has always reminded me of David Walliams - can't stand the woman :mad:
  • Options
    Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    Those journalists would kill to look like Elle McPherson!! I know i would!
  • Options
    Paula PanzerPaula Panzer Posts: 297
    Forum Member
    It's no wonder young girls develop eating problems with journalistic examples like the Mail's. And suggesting that normal body changes that come with ageing are to be avoided at all costs isn't going to do much for the self-esteem of older women with a complex about their bodies but no money to pay said costs. My OH's attitude is that if there is nothing (short of surgery, which I would never chose to have) that can be done about it, then there's no use getting worked up about it. I'd rather be told that than have the M. Samantha Brick variety of man around.