TMNT (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) 2014

PandaPawPawPandaPawPaw Posts: 7,340
Forum Member
Leaked images of what the turtles will look like can be found here, here and here.

A Poster can be found here.

I like them apart from the faces which to me looks too human-ish. Not liking the nostrils. Also a bit OTT with the clothing.

I love the 1990 movie and think it's almost perfect. I really wished they had used body suits and if they had to use CGI then just use it on the faces.

Shredder does look amazing but a tad OTT. The cape looks like it could do damage too! :o

Comments

• Lou KellyLou Kelly Posts: 2,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did you copy and paste that from somewhere? I'm sure I've read that somewhere before :confused:

EDIT: Just realised it's from the other thread.

Can't say I'm wetting myself with excitement regarding this movie, I'll probably wait until it's on Sky movies.
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not looking until i see a trailer with them in action.

'm curious about how it will look. But i'm not excited.
  • SaigoSaigo Posts: 7,893
    Forum Member
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i hate micheal bay
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Blah.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Transformers
  • Merkin ParadeMerkin Parade Posts: 277
    Forum Member
    I won't be shelling out for this one.
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh dear. This looks awful. Michael Bay's 'thing' was OK in the 90's but seriously, change the record.

Just like the 2007 film, I'll be avoiding this.
  • SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RIP childhood. :(
  • SaigoSaigo Posts: 7,893
    Forum Member
    Strange how people think Michael Bay is directing. He isn't.
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I already knew he's wasn't directing, just producing. But the films he produces (and directs) all end up having the same look. This is no different to what has come before, and it;s very disappointing, but not unexpected.
  • GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    Oh that looks horrible, more like Transformers CGI :(
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,290
    Forum Member
    Looks awful. Meghan Fox is an insult to April O'Neil, the turtles look ugly and will probably scare children. Go away Michael Bay. Go away now!
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I'll probably give it a look. I loved the original - I had a pirate copy of it on VHS with the Nunchuck sequence still in it after it was edited out of the original UK cinema release.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,685
    Forum Member
    It just looks weird and an insult to the great cartoon from the 80's and the original movie.
    Megan Fox is a hottie for sure, but why mess around with the origin story? Why is April's dad helping Shredder (if he makes the mutogen)? And why is Shredder saying he wants to rid the city of violence? He was always a bad dude in the original, unless its an act.
    Michaelangelo looks awful, a bit like a baby :(
  • Octopus_PrimeOctopus_Prime Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am actually looking forward to it :).

Come on guys!!!! save your tears for another day, lol.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,195
    Forum Member
    Saigo wrote: »
    Strange how people think Michael Bay is directing. He isn't.

Well he's stumping up the cash as EP. So he's still running the show.
  • Neo TokyoNeo Tokyo Posts: 356
    Forum Member
    Prefer the look of the turtles in the original movies.

CGI martial arts just doesn't seem right.
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    Well he's stumping up the cash as EP. So he's still running the show.

In his role he has no creative control.
  • Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    This doesn't look half as bad as I thought it might. Too many haters though, too afraid of a little change maybe? :)
  • TributeTribute Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love these sorts of threads to see the thirty something's that live in their parent's basements crying about their childhood being ruined.
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    007Fusion wrote: »
    In his role he has no creative control.

Imdb.com notes Bay as a producer. In that case, he as producer would and can have 100% creative control and the final cut. If there's more than one producer, they usually assign themselves to each element of a production. Two to deal with finance, one to oversee the creative control, one to deal with investors, etc.

The producer employs the director, not the other way round. So how much creative control the director can have depends on a contractual agreement between director and producer(s). Also depends on how much the producer trusts the director's track record (reliability, trustworthiness, professionalism, consistency, experience, etc.).
  • HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tribute wrote: »
    I love these sorts of threads to see the thirty something's that live in their parent's basements crying about their childhood being ruined.

That's such a gross generalisation, take that back. I live in my parent's loft, not the basement. :p

To be honest, it looks better than I expected. The bit with Mikey and the mask is the sort of thing I would have expected of him, so I'm gonna give this film a chance. I'm less sure of Megan Fox as April O'Neil, though. I hope to be proved wrong, but she just doesn't seem right for the character. But then neither was the actress who played her in the original movie, so perhaps she's just hard to cast.
  • PandaPawPawPandaPawPaw Posts: 7,340
    Forum Member
    I'm really surprised by the trailer and it looks really good. Of course the turtles aren't pretty to look at compared to the original movie but then they shouldn't be as mutated turtles would look all kinds of weird. :D

I don't like how Mikey reminds me of Shrek though but I do think it's good they are trying something different. I just hope the CGI is good once it's finished.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,685
    Forum Member
    Well, I'm sure there's a line/scene in the original movie where the Turtles are basically saying they'd boff April if they could, so maybe Megan Fox isnt too out of place :p
    In the cartoon in one episode they go to a fancy dress party and are asked to "remove their masks", in the first episode of the cartoon April is freaked out about them being turtles.