The Boy George appreciation thread (Merged)

Boy George FanBoy George Fan Posts: 343
Forum Member
I thought I would start this thread up to get away from the other one I started! It's for George's fans only and now I hope we can post in peace without fear of insult from someone else.

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=292240597&blogID=395263248

:):):)

Starting with this again. George on Loose Women.

:):):)

Comments

• Soulmate9Soulmate9 Posts: 7,407
    Forum Member
    Good thinking..... I was only thinking about this myself the other day.

Peace at last! ;)
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember back when I was little having the most horrid time trying to work out if he was a boy or girl. It confused me for a long time.
  • Boy George FanBoy George Fan Posts: 343
    Forum Member
    Ive set it up so the fans don't get picked on. I hope we can be left alone now without fear of insult.

George is great. He's a great singer, a great song writer, a great DJ, he's great at the make up, he's a good photographer, good clothes designer and he's incredibly good at writing. He's talented and if he goes off course sometimes with other things including some of the things he says about others, I can live with that.

George is a good person. He's done much good for others and is kind to many people but some dont want to know about that. They just prefer to concentrate on the negative.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    I remember back when I was little having the most horrid time trying to work out if he was a boy or girl. It confused me for a long time.

I was very little... about 8... and I remember saying something to my Ma about "that girl" on the TV. My Ma just calmly said, "It's a boy" and I was having none of it!
    Ive set it up so the fans don't get picked on. I hope we can be left alone now without fear of insult.

George is great. He's a great singer, a great song writer, a great DJ, he's great at the make up, he's a good photographer, good clothes designer and he's incredibly good at writing. He's talented and if he goes off course sometimes with other things including some of the things he says about others, I can live with that.

George is a good person. He's done much good for others and is kind to many people but some dont want to know about that. They just prefer to concentrate on the negative.

Well said. Georgie isn't perfect and he's already said he's trying to turn over a new leaf where other people are concerned, so let him do it. He hasn't said anything bitchy (but funny IMO) about anyone else since he said he was trying to change and he was never that bad, for goodness sake. It's just a few bitchy quips over the years.... you'd think he did whole interviews, every interview, with nothing but bile throughout them, and he doesn't.

And he IS great. I love him, I've always loved him and unless he's ever vile to me, that ain't gonna change.
    Forum Member
    We should maybe let the other BG tour thread go now? :(
    Forum Member
    It might be an idea to let it go, let them post what they like on there and we can just stay on this one. They can't insult us in here or have a go at George either and I can put everything up about the tour and anything else I find in here instead.
  • Hi847Hi847 Posts: 2,745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ha! I think Boy George is great.

That whole litterpicking incident was so funny.

And I found it hilarious that he (apparently) randomly chained some guy to his wall. lol!!!
    Forum Member
    Hi847 wrote: »
    Ha! I think Boy George is great.

That whole litterpicking incident was so funny.

And I found it hilarious that he (apparently) randomly chained some guy to his wall. lol!!!

He dealt with it brilliantly. He had the world's press baying for his blood and the way he dealt with it was brilliant. I loved it when they were trying to wind him up about it and he asked them if they thought there was something wrong with that sort of work. He handled it calmly and with great dignity
    Forum Member
    He dealt with it brilliantly. He had the world's press baying for his blood and the way he dealt with it was brilliant. I loved it when they were trying to wind him up about it and he asked them if they thought there was something wrong with that sort of work. He handled it calmly and with great dignity

I was worried about him doing it, tbh, but he was fab at it, and all the people at that sanitation dept said he was one of the best workers they'd ever had! They thought he'd be some big-headed diva and they all said he was anything but.

Y'see, a few more people who liked him! ;)
    Forum Member
    BG Fan, are you going to any of George's American concerts? I'm looking at the LA one and combining it with a week on the beach too but I need to make sure he's actually going to be there! Are those US dates confirmed for definite, do you know?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well done Boy George fan for setting up an appreciation thread.

I didn't like Boy George when I thought he was a girl for some reason! Then I found out he was a boy and I was bowled over. Then I ended up working for him! I worked for him for 7 years and it was one of the best times of my life.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Indeed they do - far too many of those sorts of people about and you've rolled enough eyes for me to not bother!

George is a multi-talented person and so enthusiastic with all he does too. He will always stay in the public eye one way and the other because he's so versatile. He'll always be able to do something.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soulmate9 wrote: »
    BG Fan, are you going to any of George's American concerts? I'm looking at the LA one and combining it with a week on the beach too but I need to make sure he's actually going to be there! Are those US dates confirmed for definite, do you know?

If it's confirmed, you should go. You'll have a ball and I bet he'll be great out there; getting on one of the beaches is an added bonus :)
    Forum Member
    Indeed they do - far too many of those sorts of people about and you've rolled enough eyes for me to not bother!

George is a multi-talented person and so enthusiastic with all he does too. He will always stay in the public eye one way and the other because he's so versatile. He'll always be able to do something.

Agreed. He's also moved into clothes designing and unlike some others, he does actually go to his shop and help design his stuff. I think he might help make them too, although I couldn't say that for sure. I like his clothes... B-Rude has some good stuff in. I've got a couple of fab t-shirts and I'll be going back for more.
    If it's confirmed, you should go. You'll have a ball and I bet he'll be great out there; getting on one of the beaches is an added bonus :)

It'll be quite expensive! I may just stick to seeing him here, although I'm very tempted to just jump on a plane and scoot off for a while.
    Forum Member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkkE98IVLTs

Georgie on the Kumars.

I love going through You Tube!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    We should maybe let the other BG tour thread go now? :(

Was there trouble on it??

I remember that interview he did with Frank Skinner - made my eyes water that did!!!! :eek: :D
    Forum Member
    OATZ MM wrote: »
    Was there trouble on it??

I remember that interview he did with Frank Skinner - made my eyes water that did!!!! :eek: :D

It was funny! He was a bit defensive and in a mood on it though. Poor old Frank Skinner was squirming, but I think that was probably George's idea! :p

Have a read of the other BG thread.
    Forum Member
    It was funny! He was a bit defensive and in a mood on it though. Poor old Frank Skinner was squirming, but I think that was probably George's idea! :p

Have a read of the other BG thread.

I'm not surprised Skinner was squirming - so would I have been!!!! :D:D All hell broke loose on that other thread then. Darned it - I always miss the best rows!
    Forum Member
    I'm not surprised Skinner was squirming - so would I have been!!!! :D:D All hell broke loose on that other thread then. Darned it - I always miss the best rows!

We were saying, we could stick to this thread now and let the other one die a death. It's a shame as the other thread was going good but it gets a bit annoying having to keep explaining why I like George and that I have a mind of my own. :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    We were saying, we could stick to this thread now and let the other one die a death. It's a shame as the other thread was going good but it gets a bit annoying having to keep explaining why I like George and that I have a mind of my own. :rolleyes:

I hear you :);) and I wouldn't go to America if I was you. Stay around the UK and see him, then you'll be able to do that and have an extra week in the sun in Europe somewhere. I'd do that - think of the pennies. Tsk!
    Forum Member
    ^ I know, you're right :)

I get on tenterhooks on here re Georgie. I'm always ready to jump to his defence. I feel like Tweetypie must do on the Kerry threads!
    Forum Member
    ^ I know, you're right :)

I get on tenterhooks on here re Georgie. I'm always ready to jump to his defence. I feel like Tweetypie must do on the Kerry threads!

Tweetypie's got her work cut out. There's only one George detractor on here!
    Forum Member
    Tweetypie's got her work cut out. There's only one George detractor on here!

There's 2 potential others. :(

I'll keep defending him though. I just love him to bits. I'm gonna give him a big hug when he comes to St Albans and squeeeeeeeze him!! :p
  • Singy ThingySingy Thingy Posts: 4,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    George is a very talented songwriter with a lovely voice and loads of creativity.
    I think he is fascinating in that he seems to be okay with the whole world being able to see aspects of who he is in a way that most people are terrified to allow even with people they know and trust. Even if he's not okay with it, he handles it well and with class and humor.
    Also, he seems very genuine and unafraid to say what he thinks even though the media will pick it apart or hold him to it if he changes his mind or opinion.No one is clever and insightful all the time, and no one is careless or in a rotten mood all the time....but it seems if you are very famous, you have to be what you were established as being all the time every day forever?... It must suck to have to deal with so much criticism and speculation just for going about the business of having a life....
    I saw him live once, about 8 years ago in the states, and enjoyed the show.
    Forum Member
    George is a very talented songwriter with a lovely voice and loads of creativity.
    I think he is fascinating in that he seems to be okay with the whole world being able to see aspects of who he is in a way that most people are terrified to allow even with people they know and trust. Even if he's not okay with it, he handles it well and with class and humor.
    Also, he seems very genuine and unafraid to say what he thinks even though the media will pick it apart or hold him to it if he changes his mind or opinion.No one is clever and insightful all the time, and no one is careless or in a rotten mood all the time....but it seems if you are very famous, you have to be what you were established as being all the time every day forever?... It must suck to have to deal with so much criticism and speculation just for going about the business of having a life....
    I saw him live once, about 8 years ago in the states, and enjoyed the show.

Awww, thanks for adding to the thread :) You must've seen him when he last toured with Culture Club. He's doing a solo tour out there this summer. :)