• mad_madge_morrimad_madge_morri Posts: 850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wish he would leave in the UK too
  • Baz_JamesBaz_James Posts: 4,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kp2ni wrote: »
    I just don't like the judging panel being related to the pros or celebs .

Has there ever been one related to a celeb?

I find this a strange argument where the pros are concerned. The truth is that it's not the pro that's being marked which more than adequately explains why J can tell D his choreography was empty of content and at the same time give an 8 to his partner for what she did with what she was given. I've detected no bias toward Derek at all.

All the evidence from a variety of sports and competition activities suggests that judges, umpires, referees and their ilk are actually harder on teams representing their home towns, competing relatives or friends because they are sub-consciously over-compensating for any bias they might be expected to show. Sibling rivalry being what it is it certainly seems to be true in the Hough on Hough critique.
  • kp2nikp2ni Posts: 1,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Baz_James wrote: »
    Has there ever been one related to a celeb?

I find this a strange argument where the pros are concerned. The truth is that it's not the pro that's being marked which more than adequately explains why J can tell D his choreography was empty of content and at the same time give an 8 to his partner for what she did with what she was given. I've detected no bias toward Derek at all.

All the evidence from a variety of sports and competition activities suggests that judges, umpires, referees and their ilk are actually harder on teams representing their home towns, competing relatives or friends because they are sub-consciously over-compensating for any bias they might be expected to show. Sibling rivalry being what it is it certainly seems to be true in the Hough on Hough critique.

Riker lynch is rumoured to be taking part next season who is Julianne's cousin but I don't know if it is as a pro as he doesn't seem to have any ballroom background granted neither does Alison or as a celeb even tho I don't think he is well known enough.

My only problem is consistency, the judges did mark others down for lack of content including Mark and Sadie's paso (even tho i thought Bethany's paso had about the same amount of content tbh), Emma and Michael jive ( i know this was rubbish but they did go on and on about lack of jive) and Val and Janel's viennesse waltz to name a few but Julianne didn't mark Bethany and Derek down for the same thing and gave them the same mark as Sadie and Mark's rumba which was full of content.

I wish the bib was true especially on dwts.