Knots Landing

MoontakerMoontaker Posts: 3,066
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I've been watching the re-runs of Dallas on CBS Drama and I've strangely enjoyed it. I was never a huge fan when the original series was shown, however I absolutely loved Knots Landing. I was hoping CBS Drama might air the complete series after Dallas finishes in a couple of months.

I've just sent them a message through their site about it. Would anyone else watch Knots Landing if they decided to show it again?

Comments

• James68James68 Posts: 428
    Forum Member
    Looking for availability of Bold and Beautiful 'Reich Und Schoen' I noticed box set of Knots Landing 'Unter der Sonne Kaliforniens' box set 2 - these will have both Deutsche & Englisch subtitles....as for CBS Drama - don't waste your time -they've been saying 'not at present' for at least two years
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    Yes, those shows are strangely addictive even though I don't usually like to admit I enjoy them.
  • MoontakerMoontaker Posts: 3,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James68 wrote: »
    Looking for availability of Bold and Beautiful 'Reich Und Schoen' I noticed box set of Knots Landing 'Unter der Sonne Kaliforniens' box set 2 - these will have both Deutsche & Englisch subtitles....as for CBS Drama - don't waste your time -they've been saying 'not at present' for at least two years

Unfortunately they haven't and don't seem to be planning on releasing the complete series on DVD. I think they did season 1 and 2 and then stopped.

I'm hoping CBS Drama will show it some time in the future as Dallas reruns have been quite successful.
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would watch it. I have never seen it, and would buy the DVDs if they were available.
  • philenglandphilengland Posts: 8,176
    Forum Member
    I would watch it - liked it better than Dallas!
  • CPW4EVERCPW4EVER Posts: 2,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Knots Landing. From a writing and character development perspective, it was the best of the 80's soaps. It was rerun on Irish TV until this time last year when it ended at the close of season six.

I think that the problem with getting it rerun or a full release on DVD is the first couple of seasons. They were more episodic than the soapy serialized format that made it so popular so I think it's harder to engage new viewers in the show.
    Forum Member
    Hi just checked amazon.de and information for
    Unter der Sonne Kaliforniens 'KNOTS LANDING'
    is both German and English soundtrack and subtitles

Darsteller: Ted Shackelford
    Regisseur(e): David Jacobs, Kevin Dobson, Michele Lee, William Devane, Beth Brickell
    Komponist: Jack A. C. Redford, Ron Ramin, Lance Rubin, Kennard Ramsay
    Format: Dolby, HiFi Sound, PAL
    Sprache: Deutsch (Dolby Digital 1.0), Englisch (Dolby Digital 1.0)
    Untertitel: Deutsch, Englisch
    Region: Region 2
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James68 wrote: »
    Hi just checked amazon.de and information for
    Unter der Sonne Kaliforniens 'KNOTS LANDING'
    is both German and English soundtrack and subtitles

Darsteller: Ted Shackelford
    Regisseur(e): David Jacobs, Kevin Dobson, Michele Lee, William Devane, Beth Brickell
    Komponist: Jack A. C. Redford, Ron Ramin, Lance Rubin, Kennard Ramsay
    Format: Dolby, HiFi Sound, PAL
    Sprache: Deutsch (Dolby Digital 1.0), Englisch (Dolby Digital 1.0)
    Untertitel: Deutsch, Englisch
    Region: Region 2

Thank you for the info James. I've been on amazon.de to check and can only see seasons 1 and 2 or a combination of both which could be considered a box set. If there is a complete box set of all 14 season then it might be an illegal copy because season 3 hasn't been officiially released yet, people have been waiting years.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I received a reply from CBS today, I did get 'not at present' but they also said they were considering it for the future, there is a little hope.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For those craving a bit of a Knots fix, Gary and Val will be appearing in a number of episodes of the new Dallas next year. Their roles will apparently be a bit more substantial than the cameos that Ray and Lucy were relegated to last season. Although it's unlikely, I'm still holding out hope that they can somehow introduce superbitch Abby into the show, even for a cameo.
  • marie67marie67 Posts: 1,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to love watching knots landing on friday afternoons in the late 80's when i was a student. My guilty pleasure along with sons and daughters. The first 2 seasons were ok but from season 3 it became very addictive.
  • zippy00zippy00 Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    I always made sure my day off from work was the day it was on, I would love to watch it again too :)

I liked Sons and Daughters too Marie and Take The High Road, the good old days of daytime telly :D
    Forum Member
    DALLAS finishing soon on CBS Drama? - well the last time it did they showed episode one from series one the very next day - snooze......................................
  • The AmbassadorThe Ambassador Posts: 5,631
    Forum Member
    CPW4EVER wrote: »
    For those craving a bit of a Knots fix, Gary and Val will be appearing in a number of episodes of the new Dallas next year. Their roles will apparently be a bit more substantial than the cameos that Ray and Lucy were relegated to last season. Although it's unlikely, I'm still holding out hope that they can somehow introduce superbitch Abby into the show, even for a cameo.
    I wonder how they are going to get around Bobby's death.

In the original Dallas, it turned out to be a dream, but in Knots Landing he stayed dead. Gary & Val even named their son Bobby, in memory of his just deceased brother.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder how they are going to get around Bobby's death.

In the original Dallas, it turned out to be a dream, but in Knots Landing he stayed dead. Gary & Val even named their son Bobby, in memory of his just deceased brother.

They've already made reference to Gary in the new show so I'm assuming they'll just ignore it, much like they're ignoring anything that happened in the reunion movies from the 90's.
  • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,653
    Forum Member
    It's been announced today that CBS Drama have picked up the rights. It will replace Dallas. Starts Monday 1st April:
    Knots Landing back in UK

The UK joint-venture between CBS and Chello Zone is prepping to launch classic US soap Knots Landing, after a deal with Warner Bros International Television Distribution.

CBS Chello Zone Channels has acquired the rights to the series, which will air on CBS Drama from next month. The Dallas spin-off aired on CBS in the US between 1979 and 1993, and is the third longest running primetime drama in US television history after Dallas and Bonanza. Both latter shows also currently air on CBS Drama in the UK.

“After the success of Dallas on CBS Drama, our viewers have demanded we show Knots Landing next, bringing it back to UK television after 17 years,” said Chris Sharp, chief programming officer for CBS Chello Zone Channels.

Knots Landing airs at 23.00 from Monday 1 April on CBS Drama, and repeats each following weekday at 8.00 and 13.00.

http://www.c21media.net/archives/101723
  • unknown17unknown17 Posts: 3,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a shame, they need to start investing in newer shows as the channels look so cheap with these silly re-runs of boring old shows like Dallas.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,544
    Forum Member
    been looking to see if i could get this show on dvd and they only do season 1 and 2 so i will not bother to bye them one of my favourite shows along with dallas glad it's going to be showing again can't wait
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    unknown17 wrote: »
    What a shame, they need to start investing in newer shows as the channels look so cheap with these silly re-runs of boring old shows like Dallas.

The fans of cbs drama asked for Knots Landing and thee channel obliged if it's not your thing there are hundreds of other channels to watch.
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am looking forward to this. :cool:
  • Valene1Valene1 Posts: 1,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm pleased and not pleased as although it was always my favourite US soap, I have Virgin Media which doesn't have CBS Drama but I'm long out of contract so I'm considering a change before then. Although I have Valene as my username, she wasn't my favourite character but one of many.
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Valene1 wrote: »
    I'm pleased and not pleased as although it was always my favourite US soap, I have Virgin Media which doesn't have CBS Drama but I'm long out of contract so I'm considering a change before then. Although I have Valene as my username, she wasn't my favourite character but one of many.

Virgin Media Channel 197
  • Valene1Valene1 Posts: 1,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    steveh31 wrote: »
    Virgin Media Channel 197

Oh thanks, course I do have it, I'm getting a bit tired and dim at this time of night :o:o. I'm looking forward to seeing this now and the crazy stories it featured.
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amazing! I lost touch with it when the BBC took it off primetime in 1983 and then waited three years to put it on daytime
  • bgtensionbgtension Posts: 764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's been announced today that CBS Drama have picked up the rights. It will replace Dallas. Starts Monday 1st April:

Quote:
    Knots Landing back in UK

The UK joint-venture between CBS and Chello Zone is prepping to launch classic US soap Knots Landing, after a deal with Warner Bros International Television Distribution.

CBS Chello Zone Channels has acquired the rights to the series, which will air on CBS Drama from next month. The Dallas spin-off aired on CBS in the US between 1979 and 1993, and is the third longest running primetime drama in US television history after Dallas and Bonanza. Both latter shows also currently air on CBS Drama in the UK.

“After the success of Dallas on CBS Drama, our viewers have demanded we show Knots Landing next, bringing it back to UK television after 17 years,” said Chris Sharp, chief programming officer for CBS Chello Zone Channels.

Knots Landing airs at 23.00 from Monday 1 April on CBS Drama, and repeats each following weekday at 8.00 and 13.00.
    http://www.c21media.net/archives/101723

Surely it's second, given that Dallas ran from 78-91??