Hannibal - Season 2 (UK Pace) *No Spoilers*

anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
Sky Living has announced that the horror drama will return to screens on May 6th.

Comments

• Alex_Davies1973Alex_Davies1973 Posts: 989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sky Living has announced that the horror drama will return to screens on May 6th.

And with 24 back on the 7th
  • The quizmasterThe quizmaster Posts: 93,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If there's a third season, Living might drop it :kitty: :p
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    fiagomez wrote: »
    i thought there might be a few more replies on this but maybe there is another thread that i dont know about?

:)

No, this is the only thread for season 2 UK pace. It's early days yet. The threads usually pick up more traffic when the shows start running.
  • chrisii2011chrisii2011 Posts: 2,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cant wait for this!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Episode 1 of Season 2 is available to view On Demand from Wednesday 30th April.
  • stripedcatstripedcat Posts: 6,689
    Forum Member
    I've only recently just started watching this. I'm about 3/4 of a way through season 1 via catch-up on Sky. I must admit that I was a bit skeptic of this series - as I thought that Lecter had sort of been milked dry in the movie franchise - but I have to say that I'm pleasantly surprised. Mads Mikesen makes a very Lecter. Likewise with having Hugh Dancy as Will Graham. It's a very good show - lots of suspense.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Back tonight at 10pm
  • Nathers7Nathers7 Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to it, loved the first season :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nathers7 wrote: »
    Looking forward to it, loved the first season :)

Season 2 is very different apparently.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow that fight scene was amazing.
  • chrisii2011chrisii2011 Posts: 2,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent episode. poor guy at the end though
  • Callum CollumCallum Collum Posts: 4,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow that fight scene was amazing.

Explosive start to the new season. Excellent episode overall.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is Gillian Andersons character a figment of his imagination?
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    great to see this back on, one of the most unsettling series on tv :D

should have NOT shown that fight scene in it's totallity, but perhaps show little bits of it to start each episode, to keep it a bit mysterious ..... and have it shown out of order too :cool:
  • starsailorstarsailor Posts: 11,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I did think that to start, but I seem to recall a scene last season with her and Jack Crawford, so I don't think so
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    starsailor wrote: »
    I did think that to start, but I seem to recall a scene last season with her and Jack Crawford, so I don't think so

I thought when he was staring at her empty chair last night and she then suddenly appeared that she was a figment of his imagination. A bit like Wills hallucinations. Maybe he killed her already.
  • BLADESMAN1889BLADESMAN1889 Posts: 657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

She must be otherwise I'd be a bit worried that her only concern about the use of his human skin suit was that it made him "dangerous". Personally I wouldn't go anywhere near him, but then if she wasn't going to take any info to the police then keeping him close might be a safer option :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    She must be otherwise I'd be a bit worried that her only concern about the use of his human skin suit was that it made him "dangerous". Personally I wouldn't go anywhere near him, but then if she wasn't going to take any info to the police then keeping him close might be a safer option :o

Looks like to gets too close for comfort to him next week. :o
  • storm818storm818 Posts: 811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That Kaiseki meal Hannibal made in ep 1 looked amazing, Is it weird that I wan't to dine with him?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    storm818 wrote: »
    That Kaiseki meal Hannibal made in ep 1 looked amazing, Is it weird that I wan't to dine with him?

If you are a veggie no. If you are a carnivore then yes. I hear he's partial to a nice chianti in case you are wondering what to bring to the dinner party :D
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jenzie wrote: »
    should have NOT shown that fight scene in it's totallity, but perhaps show little bits of it to start each episode, to keep it a bit mysterious ..... and have it shown out of order too :cool:
    I'd rather they hadn't shown it at all. I hate it when they do that. It reflects a lack of confidence in their material - they think we won't stick with the show unless we know that fight is coming. It's seems especially unnecessary here, because we stuck through the slow season 1, and we all know Hannibal gets exposed by Will and caught by Red Dragon from the books/films.

So I'm going to pretend it didn't happen. I hope they don't show more bits of it in other episodes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello. I love your work. :D:D
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She must be otherwise I'd be a bit worried that her only concern about the use of his human skin suit was that it made him "dangerous".
    I think that was a mixture of understatement and respect. To say much more would be gauche, and he eats the gauche. This week she seemed terrified, but managed it well. I had hoped Hannibal would leave her alone after she promised not to tell, but evidently not.

I found that bit at the end quite emotional. I had thought Will was faking it, since we saw him remember the ear last week, but apparently not; we was supposed to have lost confidence in his own memory.
  • JimothyDJimothyD Posts: 8,868
    Forum Member
    This is a brilliant show, really enjoying it. I've heard it's supposed to run for 7 seasons. Really hope it, along with Bates Motel get the long runs they deserve.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like the way they are throwing in some humour with Hannibals character now. The serial killings are getting more and more elaborate. Sewing naked bodies together to form an eye pattern was very elaborate. I just hope the writers don't think they have to try and outdo themselves every week by making the serial killings more spectacular. It would become farcical.