Good!!

What a load of tripe!
  • postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    steviex wrote: »
    Good!!

What a load of tripe!

It really was, I agree. Although the initial premise was good, the writing seemed to splutter and die.
  • humanracerhumanracer Posts: 1,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked it. It isn't any less outlandish than homeland. Also I liked how the show was thrilling without constant sex scenes and gory violence.
  • NewWorldManNewWorldMan Posts: 4,906
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm several episodes behind but I like it. Trouble with this kind of thing though is that it can only run for so long. So not surprised that there's no season 2.

I thought the previous season of Homeland was fairly dull. Again, one season was enough!
  • pixel_pixelpixel_pixel Posts: 6,694
    Forum Member
    I did read somewhere that they had plans to make 4 series! Then I read elsewhere it was just going to be one.

There where huge plot holes and plot lines that made one episode and then just disappeared all together.

The ending was poor too. It should have been about 8 episodes. It was watchable but very average.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gother wrote: »

The end of the article does indicate a "crumb" of comfort for diehard fans of the show and this kind of thing.

"They'll always be open" to new ideas for a second season (with a new plot and cast).

That'd be hardly surprising, IMO.

"it had its run" confirmed the network - sounds like a fair and reasonable analysis TBH.

Did quite enjoy it though, nonetheless - a car crash, mildly enjoyable made for TV series - nothing wrong with that IMO.
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,849
    Forum Member
    I did read somewhere that they had plans to make 4 series! Then I read elsewhere it was just going to be one.

There where huge plot holes and plot lines that made one episode and then just disappeared all together.

The ending was poor too. It should have been about 8 episodes. It was watchable but very average.

24 had huge plot holes but still became one of the most successful series of all time.
  • malcy30malcy30 Posts: 7,154
    Forum Member
    24 had huge plot holes but still became one of the most successful series of all time.

The first season of 24 was 2001 so 13 years ago. The TV landscape has changed dramatically since then with the willingness of audiences to give new shows a go is much reduced. There is now much more first run scripted drama on basic cable in the US like Walking Dead and even HBO now has competition from Showcase, Starz etc in premium cable drama. So the audience is much more spread out and will give up on a show after 1 or a few episodes as many more alternatives to watch.
  • pixel_pixelpixel_pixel Posts: 6,694
    Forum Member

Things they seem to forget about a few storylines on Hostages:

The daughter being pregnant
    The fact they were not really hostages.
    The shooting of the head of the Secret Service
    The shooting of the daughter's boyfriend
    The health worker who thought the daughter was being abused.
    A set of lapel pins to infiltrate the SS?
    Who was the guy the father shot dead in the toilet?

I just think it was nonsense in places. I can take plot holes in most stories, but some are just pushing the realms of possibility a bit too far. Towards the end I did not really care who survived or not.