Bargain Blu-Rays thread..

1101112131416»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or maybe they are just preparing for morrisons to confirm they will be stopping stocking blu rays and will be following suit.
    Supermarkets do act like sheep and it will be bad news indeed if morrisons decide the format is not worth stocking anymore as I fear others will follow.

Do you play any other tunes?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rybev wrote: »
    For Christs Sake!!!!

I've been in these forums about a year and you're still saying the same thing again and again.
    When are all these things going to happen?
    Why do you constantly speak as though you've done some mass survey on the population or you have "contacts".

Face it Geordielady - you know sod all!!!
    In all the threads on Blu-rays people constantly show you facts and provide links, yet you never ever do the same, it's just always about your friends or "many people". Who are these "many people"?

I wish this thread would get closed as one less Blu-Ray thread would be a Godsend as it pisses me right off to read your drivel!

Its simple, if you dont like my views then you can set me to ignore, can give you instructions on how to do it if you wish, its not hard and will save you spending all that time writing abusive posts to me :)
  • jjesso123jjesso123 Posts: 5,944
    Forum Member
    Its simple, if you dont like my views then you can set me to ignore, can give you instructions on how to do it if you wish, its not hard and will save you spending all that time writing abusive posts to me :)

If your constantly going to turn these threads into chaos and not present any factual evidence to support your claims constantly, your going to piss of other members, now if you don't like what rybev,I say or anyone who tries to ask you for some basic facts to support your augment then you can very well put them your ignore list don't tell other members what to do, if you feel your being abused then there is a report button however there is no abuse in anyone's posts it's just yourself being delusive.
  • porkpieporkpie Posts: 2,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Noiseboy wrote: »

Clearly the triple play thing is Hollywood's answer to all this, but I'm not convinced it'll be a success.

As they've been going for at least 2-3 years and the number are increasing I think their success is a fact - already confirmed by several industry reports including from the studios themselves , although Double Play is more common
    sad to hear that "Triple play" editions are doing - as I hate them!!!
    just wish they would give us the option and release the film on just BD separately.

Why?
    As the cost of the additional discs is only a few pence the price of the overall package would not be any cheaper.
    That is a delusion invented by Geordielady
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jjesso123 wrote: »
    If your constantly going to turn these threads into chaos and not present any factual evidence to support your claims constantly, your going to piss of other members, now if you don't like what rybev,I say or anyone who tries to ask you for some basic facts to support your augment then put them your ignore list don't tell other members what to do, if feel you abused there is report button however there is no abuse in anyone's posts.

The only chaos is the people writing abusive posts. Its a case of opinion and if you dont like my views shove me on ignore it really is not hard, thats the point of ignore.

But out of interest how do you expect me to get minutes of meetings held at morrisons. I cant give you any evidence, the evidence will happen when they make an announcement in the spring either way.

I say what I have been told whether you believe it or not dont bother me in the least but its a point that is being added into the mix of the whole supermarket sales of blu ray as many others have pointed out not just me :)

You have to remember your view or opinion is not always right and others have a view no matter how much you may disagree with it, just like in other threads where you pop up and have a go at me in, wii, fringe, and there are more.
    Forum Member
    The only chaos is the people writing abusive posts. Its a case of opinion and if you dont like my views shove me on ignore it really is not hard, thats the point of ignore.

But out of interest how do you expect me to get minutes of meetings held at morrisons. I cant give you any evidence, the evidence will happen when they make an announcement in the spring either way.

I say what I have been told whether you believe it or not dont bother me in the least but its a point that is being added into the mix of the whole supermarket sales of blu ray as many others have pointed out not just me :)

You have to remember your view or opinion is not always right and others have a view no matter how much you may disagree with it, just like in other threads where you pop up and have a go at me in, wii, fringe, and there are more.

There is no abuse, yes people are sick of you ruining these threads. Are they being offensive ? not at all. They simply either want you back up your claims or stop making such claims without something called evidence.

When your stating the things you have in this thread and they are contradicted by factual evidence your going to get question on it. There is no point you taking these threads of topic when you've clearly just stated you have no evidence to back up your claims and source is morrison's employee :rolleyes:

I myself went into Blackpool morrisons today. Ask the entertainment department if they where stopping on blu ray support, the guy was shocked at the question, but was not informed of such stuff. He said he could do few phone calls but It's unlikely any employee would be given such information.

He went on to ask where I heard this I said here on digitalspy forum and he laughed and said ''take no notice It would be first time any ones got such heads up on something like that'' He also went on say blu ray was selling at good levels in the Blackpool store and that he could not understand any reason behind stopping support for it. He also stated he would be very interested to know the store so he could give them a ring, but we've been there before and you where surprisingly reluctant to tell us the store :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is no abuse, yes people are sick of you ruining these threads. Are they being offensive ? not at all. They simply either want you back up your claims or stop making such claims without something called evidence.

When your stating the things you have in this thread and they are contradicted by factual evidence your going to get question on it. There is no point you taking these threads of topic when you've clearly just stated you have no evidence to back up your claims and source is morrison's employee.

I myself went into Blackpool morrisons today. Ask the entertainment department if they where stopping on blu ray support, the guy was shocked at the question, but was not informed of such stuff, he said he could do few phone calls but unlikely any employee would be given such information.

He went on to ask where I heard I said here and he laughed and said ''take no notice It would be first time any ones got such heads up on something like that'' He also went on say blu ray was selling at good levels in the Blackpool store and that he could not understand reason any behind stopping support for it. He also stated he would be very interested to know the store so he could give them a ring.

Your really are missing the whole point of my last post and are just going off on a tangent, just cant be bothered to repeat myself again.

It really makes more sense if you and me just dont reply to each other on here, people dont wanna read arguments, and i really cant be bothered replying to your posts or views, as I said if you dont agree or like my views then shove me on ignore that why DS have that facility, we will all have happy days then.:)

And just a point the info about morrisons has come a lot further up the food chain then the shop floor, supermarkets discuss dropping products all the time, its nothing new and life will still go on at morrisons regardless if they sell blu rays or not. the money they must make on them is peanuts anyway as i doubt blu rays are their top sellers. My morrisons is like a superstore size and if you blink you will miss the blu ray section, think they just stock the top 10, it dont even fill one section, even smaller selection then tescos.
    Forum Member
    Your really are missing the whole point of my last post and are just going off on a tangent, just cant be bothered to repeat myself again.

It really makes more sense if you and me just dont reply to each other on here, people dont wanna read arguments, and i really cant be bothered replying to your posts or views, as I said if you dont agree or like my views then shove me on ignore that why DS have that facility, we will all have happy days then.:)

And just a point the info about morrisons has come a lot further up the food chain then the shop floor, supermarkets discuss dropping products all the time, its nothing new and life will still go on at morrisons regardless if they sell blu rays or not. the money they must make on them is peanuts anyway as i doubt blu rays are their top sellers.

But again you fail to see.

You saying morrisons is going to stop selling blu ray's is not a view it's you stating a fact that you've failed to back up. You just fail to understand what discussion forum is. If everyone ignore everyone who did not agree, the forum be would be very pointless would it not ?

IF that is the case then you will be happy to give the store location right so blackpool's entertainment department can follow it up ? I willing to bet not :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But again you fail to see.

You saying morrisons is going to stop selling blu ray's is not a view it's you stating a fact that you've failed to back up. You just fail to understand what discussion forum is. If everyone ignore everyone who did not agree, the forum be would be very pointless would it not ?

IF that is the case then you will be happy to give the store location right so blackpool's entertainment department can follow it up ? I willing to bet not :D

Never said they were stopping them, if you read my posts you will see I said they will make a decision in the spring.
    There is no store location to give, this decision is made at their head office its not just one store that is considering it.
    My main point is if morrisons do stop selling them then what impact will that have on other suprmarkets will they follow suit, no one knows.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh dear, what happened to this thread?:eek:
    It was nicely chugging away in the background, quietly strolling along in quite an unobtrusive manner, then suddenly it's like a bomb has been dropped on it.:D

I thought it was just a quiet little thread that served as a repository for bargain blu-ray recommendations.
    Now look at the state of it.:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,387
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Getting back on topic, I got Rise of the Planet of the Aped from Blockbuster for £8 which isn't too bad. Also got Michael Jackson's This Is It from Amazon for £2.99 and Ocean's Eleven (remake) for £4 from play.com which isn't too bad. Please let's not get this thread closed!
  • TrevTrev Posts: 1,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks Trev, going to pick up some bargains.
    My main point is if morrisons do stop selling them then what impact will that have on other suprmarkets will they follow suit, no one knows.

But that's got nothing to do with this thread! This is a thread for bargain BD's not for you to continually boast about how you're in the know about how the industry is going. We get it. Blu-ray is doomed. :rolleyes:
  • rybevrybev Posts: 1,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Smerph wrote: »
    This is a thread for bargain BD's not for you to continually boast about how you're in the know about how the industry is going. We get it. Blu-ray is doomed. :rolleyes:

Yeah, and it will all be the Supermarkets fault!!!
    I can't wait for Spring to hear Morrisons announcement :D:D

I shall take a look at Zavvi offer - there's a few back catalogue titles i need, they could be in that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    for the sake of everyone's sanity, can we keep this thread on blu-ray bargains only. the whole supermarket / are-blurays-selling arguments just go round in circles and are a waste of time.

and to that end, here's a few bargains that i've found recently
    sony sell blurays directly on ebay for £4.95 each, good though small selection including terminator salvation, life of brian
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Blu-ray-/156710/i.html?_catref=1&_ssn=sonystoreoutlet_uk&_trksid=p3911.c0.m1538

play.com are doing a £5 blu ray promotion at the moment. some familiar stuff but also some good titles like 3.10 to yuma and if you're stuck for a valentine's day gift, the notebook!
  • SupportSupport Posts: 70,800
    Administrator
    This thread is continued here: Bargain Blu-Rays thread (Part 2)
This discussion has been closed.