Options

Humax PVR9200T & Programmable Remotes

13»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 196
    Forum Member
    walkerr wrote:
    I've seen a 1 device version that's about that price - make sure it's the 5 device version
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aldaweb wrote:
    I've seen a 1 device version that's about that price - make sure it's the 5 device version
    I will concur with aldaweb on this. In Dixon's shop the urc 7555 5 in one is about £19.00p (can't remember the exact price) so £9.00p price on web site is probably not the same remote.

GG:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    I nearly slipped up on this as well - there are 2 remotes both called (helpfully) "7555".

It's the £19.99 from Dixons that you're after - I had to go to and from the shop a few times whilst I checked this myself!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 74
    Forum Member
    So after some research, I went for a Harmony 525 for my setup:
      PVR9200-T
      Denon DHT500-SD (actual dvd/av amp is an ADV-500SD )
      Phillips 28" TV

My summary so far would be:
      good value at £41 on Amazon - fancier Harmony models don't seem to me to offer enough exra for the higher prices
      quite stylish looking but slightly flimsy feel, buttons rather squishy and dead feeling
      truly awful setup software - the biggest downside, needing persistence and many retries

Overall, it's working and I'm happy with the choice. I've noted some specifics below though.

Ok, so the setup was very painful - mostly down to the PC client software seeming very unreliable. Lot's of freezes and lockups especially:

(1) when learning a new command, the first learn works, the 2nd locks up and means and Exit/Restart of the client

(2) when updating the remote, it often seems to get stuck in "checking for updates" cycle.

Late on in the process I switched to user the browser setup version that logitech host on their website - this seemed much better for (1) and a little better for (2)

Having said that, after 4 or 5 hours of persistence I have the remote working - and it's doing pretty much all I wanted.

Some specific setup points that added to the setup tasks:
      as other Harmony uses have found with the 9200, I also need to reduce the key sends down to '1' to avoid key repeat problems
      Several 9200 commands are not in the set provided in the Logitech database including: OPT+, Play List, Replay, Slow Motion, Advance, Games,
      Although setup had my exact AV amp model, I still had to manually tell it how to switch AV inputs - which also meant figuring out how the Harmony mnemonic names matched the original remote buttons
      Even though I told the s/ware I wanted audio control via my AV amp, I had to manually edit the config to Mute the TV on power up
      The database had my exact TV model, but the Power On command setting was wrong if the TV was in "orange standby" i.e. just powered off. I had to manually change it to InputNext which powers on from any state.
      Bizarrely, there are coloured TELETEXT buttons but no TEXT button itself. I mapped it to *
      Less odd is no PlayList button, but # is free so I used this

- Rob
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    :) Just finished programming my one4all kameleon 6 (urc 8060 , first generation) to work with my new Humax 9200 and it works fine.

I bought on ebay the original old Kameleon 6 first generation and have set up nearly all of the functions with no problem.

up-down channel
    all numbers
    menu
    exit
    ok
    up/down/left/right
    back
    play
    rewind
    ff
    rw
    record
    pause
    play menu
    on/off
    etc

It says in the manual (page 8) that it can store 50 new functions and that seems to cover most that i needed.

For those that are interested to get your ofa to learn:-

I set video button to clone the dvd button. (This gives more options for front display, including up/down and ok button)

1) press rabbit button until it pops out. (3 secs)

2) type 9 7 5

3)press video button once

4)aim remote at each other. (about 5cm apart)

5)press the button you want to program on the ofa (i.e up channel)

6)it pulses 3 times and then all the lights go out.

7) now press and hold the up channel on the original remote. Hold this button until the ofa flashes twice.

repeat no's 5 to 7 as many times as for each button and when youve finished press rabbit button. It will flash 4 times to convirm its programmed.

Hope this is useful info and it helps someone.

-steve
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    I just received the below email from OFA with codes to program the URC-8206 for the Humax PVR-9200T.

I have tried the SAT code 1808 and it works a treat!

You have to call the Customer Care line as these codes are very new and have not yet been incroporated into the Internet download process.

Hope this helps. Cheers!

========================================================
    Thank you for your e-mail,

The code(s) that we have found for your device(s) is/are:
    VCR code 1794 and/or Satellite code 1808
    However, as the necessary software is not in the memory of your One for All
    handset, this can not be set up straight away. It needs to be downloaded first.
    Therefore, please call the Customer Services Helpline on 0808 1000 306
    and ask for the download of the code(s) mentioned above. If you have had
    any code(s) downloaded into your One For All before,please make sure to
    mention this as well.
    Please note that it is preferable to call us from a cord-connected, land-line
    telephone for best results. The upgrade has a limited success with a mobile
    or a cordless phone. We are open Monday to Friday 9.00a.m. to 7.00p.m.
    and Saturday 9.00am. to 3.00p.m (UK time).

If you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Kind Regards

Miss Julie Mills
    One for All Customer Service Europe
    ======================================================
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 195
    Forum Member
    walkerr wrote:
    I went for a Harmony 525 for my setup:
    I took the 855. Seems like a really good remote, although it does have a few shortfalls.
    walkerr wrote:
    (1) when learning a new command, the first learn works, the 2nd locks up and means and Exit/Restart of the client

Didn't have this problem myself, but I imagine it to be annoying.
    walkerr wrote:
    (2) when updating the remote, it often seems to get stuck in "checking for updates" cycle.
    Yes... logitech had some server issues apparantly. They got back to me a week after emailing their customer service - by then I'd sorted my programming out. :mad:

walkerr wrote:
    Late on in the process I switched to user the browser setup version that logitech host on their website - this seemed much better for (1) and a little better for (2)
    Oh... I only had the browser option. I don't think the update the client anymore... just update the website.