Missing episode discovery rumours

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,967
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We know what happened to the Australian prints - they were returned to BBC Enterprises in 1974, and all subsequently junked. Apart from the handful that got sprited away, which is why odd Australian edited episodes (Galaxy 4 and The Underwater Menace, for the most recent examples) have occasionally turned up in the UK and not Australia.

Maybe more got "sprited away" in the process, shame ABC had to return them 3 years before the practise stopped! >:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So even if it did turn up in Australia there'd be bits cut out by the censors. Not that the story had that much violence.

The sections that where censored where retained and have been found...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nextexit wrote: »
    At this point, I'd be more surprised if it hadn't been found (especially when the rumours suggest that it's been found in 3 different places :p )

Then it looks like it will be Ethopia, Singapore and Hong Kong and if it is the case, well there should be more find since the latter 2 bought a lot of "Who"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Those three stories were rumoured long before Scot and Puqui heard from their sources. Most notably by a renowned hoaxer @HunterSRelics in June 2013.

Shame it was not true, any other dictators who might have been fans of Dr Who? :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cat666 wrote: »
    It's already fairly ironic as no footage of it exists yet it was widely sold and widely copied. Disney were even planning a movie based on it before the Dalek ones were even discussed so they must have had something to show studio executives.

Anyway Marco Polo is like buses, one copy will turn up then a few more shortly after!

Did Disney receive any copies of MP, on the missing episodes thread, we have talked about the posibblity that American TV networks might have copies of 60s Who they don't even know they have...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    serton wrote: »
    Apologies if this has been posted earlier: News piece from another site with quotes from Steve Roberts of the Restoration Team:

http://doctorwhoworldwide.com/2014/02/19/head-doctor-restoration-believes-marco-polo-found/

Well if it was found then Singapore, Hong Kong and Ethiopia are the most likely locations, if that is the case expect more discoveries in both Singapore and Hong Kong...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK, I have no view on if how true this rumour is, however I will go by section to see how paulsible it is...
    The Omni-Rumour! (Part 1)
    Marco Polo - found, three copies seems to have been recovered, with the best possible compilation being made for restoration. Slated for release in the next announcement.

If that is the case, the 3 copies are most likely to come from Singapore, Hong Kong and Ethiopia, with Iran, Kenya, Ghana, Barbados and Canada being less likely or even someone stole the the Australian or New Zealand prints
    Reign of Terror - parts 4 and 5 found. No word on whether it's being restored or not. But I expect it to be released on iTunes in the next announcement.

If true, then it is likely to have been found in either Singapore, Hong Kong, Gibraltar, Uganda, Barbados or Ethiopia or someone stole the New Zeland prints
    The Crusade - found in full. Better prints of episode 1, at least. I expect them to be released in the next announcement.

If true, then it is likely to have been found in Zambia, Ethiopia, Gibraltar or Jamaica, otherwise someone stole the Australian and New Zealand prints (certainly the NZBC print of Episode 1, which was found)
    Galaxy 4 - found in full. Better prints for the existing episode. I do not know when they'll be released, but I hope it's the next announcement.

If true, then it is likely to have been found in Zambia, Singapore, Sierra Leone or Barbados, or someone stole the Australian prints (which was the case with the found copy of Episode 3)
    MTTU - reported to be found. I find this a bit hard to believe, but more likely than not.

Either someone stole the Australian print or it has been found in Singapore (it has been claimed that RTS did broadcast the episode)
    Myth Makers - all reported to be found. Probably being worked on. I don't know when they'll be released, but I think it'll be in the next announcement.

If true, then it is likely to have been found in Zambia, Singapore, Sierra Leone or Barbados, otherwise someone stole the Australian prints
    DMP - okay. 4, 7, 11, and 12 reported to be found. 1, 3, 6, 8, and 9 are uncertain. 9 is reported to be a sole remaining missing episode, according to Eddie on OS. I'll believe when I see it, although 4, 7, 11, and 12 are likely. 11 and 12 are in the process of being unwound.

The only posibblity is really the Australian viewing prints, although Episode 4 might have come from Blue Peter
    Massacre - all found. Should be restored already or in the process. Should be in the next announcement.

If true, then it is likely to have been found in Zambia, Singapore, Sierra Leone or Barbados, or someone stole the Australian prints when they where junked.

More to follow...
  • CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ITN Source wrote: »
    The sections that where censored where retained and have been found...

Found recently? I don't recall any bits of Marco on Lost in Time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Found recently? I don't recall any bits of Marco on Lost in Time.

Well not for all of them I agree, but for a fair number of them.

As for Marco, well if they are found in either Hong Kong, Singapore or Ethiopia, the prints in question do not come from Australia, so they are unlikely to be censored unless they did it themselves...
  • CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just wondering what if anything Australia would have censored from Marco Polo. There's the swordfight in episode 7 where
    but that's such a major plot point it's hard to imagine cutting it out.
  • cat666cat666 Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just wondering what if anything Australia would have censored from Marco Polo. There's the swordfight in episode 7 where
    but that's such a major plot point it's hard to imagine cutting it out.

http://missingepisodes.blogspot.de/p/censors.html

No clips exist at all of Marco Polo.
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scot Ferre has said he is now unsure of some stuff, still thinks 80+ not counting Enemy/Web has been found but thinks MTTU/Daleks Masterplan/Space Pirates and the 2 each from Ice Warriors & The Invasion haven't.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    Isn't there a big problem in that false rumours have deliberate been spread by the powers that be in order to track down the source of the leaks? To my mind that must put all of the more recent rumours (say from DMP onwards) in serious doubt. Well, more serious doubt than there was already.

Mind you, I think that the fale rumour report was in itself a rumour. I think we need some sort of timeline chart to keep track of what reports cropped up when.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JCR wrote: »
    Scot Ferre has said he is now unsure of some stuff, still thinks 80+ not counting Enemy/Web has been found but thinks MTTU/Daleks Masterplan/Space Pirates and the 2 each from Ice Warriors & The Invasion haven't.

Who is Scott Ferre? :confused: Sorry is is hard to keep track on all the rumours!

Anyway should I create a list of every rumour that has been stated since the offical annoucement on the discovery of WOF/EOTW?

Personally I think this saga will go on for another 5 years at least.

Also the "2 each from Ice Warriors & The Invasion" does not really matter since they are now animated anyway...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who is Scott Ferre? :confused: Sorry is is hard to keep track on all the rumours!

Anyway should I create a list of every rumour that has been stated since the offical annoucement on the discovery of WOF/EOTW?

Scott is a fairly well respected fan who is close to various people in the know. He was one of the ones who announced Web/Enemy/Marco were found and being released in August 2013. As it turned out only Web/Enemy were, and Web was missing an episode but that's close enough for the majority of people to hold his views as more than just trolling.

As for the list, the omnirumour list that Doctor Who Worldwide release is pretty much exactly that.
  • chuffnobblerchuffnobbler Posts: 10,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Personally I think this saga will go on for another 5 years at least.

I was right! This thread will be my lasting legacy!

(My skystriker! My glory!) :D

As for the list, the omnirumour list that Doctor Who Worldwide release is pretty much exactly that.

What list have BBC WW released?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What list have BBC WW released?

I said Doctor Who Worldwide, not BBC Worldwide.

http://doctorwhoworldwide.com/category/missing-episodes/
  • nextexitnextexit Posts: 1,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A quote from Philip Morris himself:

"To the fans, never give up hope. Be patient. People are working very hard in lots of very volatile and dangerous corners of the globe, sometimes paying with their nervous systems, which is a hard thing to give. As always, TIEA are out there. Expect the unexpected."

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2014-02-26/doctor-who-episode-hunter-philip-morris-on-the-search-for-lost-tapes-expect-the-unexpected

"Expect the unexpected" > "THEY ARE NOT MISSING BUT DESTROYED THE END."
  • TEDRTEDR Posts: 3,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nextexit wrote: »
    "Expect the unexpected" > "THEY ARE NOT MISSING BUT DESTROYED THE END."

On the basis that some Who fans are so certain there's a conspiracy that it's now actually the non-appearance of episodes that is unexpected to them?
  • Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TEDR wrote: »
    On the basis that some Who fans are so certain there's a conspiracy that it's now actually the non-appearance of episodes that is unexpected to them?

(Places knotted handkerchief on head and adopts the Gumby pose)

"My brain hurts!"
  • nextexitnextexit Posts: 1,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TEDR wrote: »

Perhaps! Though if Morris was trolling Who fandom that much, I'd expect him to be revealed as a new supervillain in the series, possibly making his entrance by knocking Capaldi out with a Feast of Steven film can :D
  • SambdaSambda Posts: 6,185
    Forum Member

He also thinks his proclaimed Easter announcement (since loosened to be "spring") is also now looking dodgy. You've gotta laugh - this guy knows nothing.
    Forum Member
    Scott is a fairly well respected fan who is close to various people in the know.

Who claims he is close to people in the know.
    Forum Member
    There are no recordings at all of 2 of the 3 missing Dad's Army- they don't have audio recordings- so I too would be highly skeptical of animation being cancelled rumours.

There are the radio versions - they could try to animate them.
    Forum Member
    M@nterik wrote: »
    Oh there is plenty of evidence out there about where leaks are coming from. Just because you are not aware of it does not change that.

Of course EW is the only verifiable leak but that is not quite the same.

You cannot call any of this information a leak until it is verifiable. Until then it is an unsubstantiated rumour and quite possibly not based on a leak at all.