• Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,552
    Forum Member
    PMSL at David :D
  • Options
    AndaghaAndagha Posts: 31,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear Heather's husband will never get his dining room table back now..lol
  • Options
    jabegyjabegy Posts: 6,201
    Forum Member
    Sounds like Chinelo will do very well out of the programme.
  • Options
    mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is set up for Chinello to win as I have said from the first week

So, you were saying?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Andagha wrote: »
    Oh dear Heather's husband will never get his dining room table back now..lol

She could do with having what my sister's got and that's a dedicated sewing room.
  • Options
    riannerianne Posts: 1,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tamara is making her own yoga clothing range....:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope Heather gets more than just that little mannequin trophy.

Lovely prizes like a top of the range sewing machine or a massive gift voucher for fabrics would be lovely. Plus a big cash prize of course!;-)
  • Options
    ClarkF1ClarkF1 Posts: 6,587
    Forum Member
    Based on today's result, Heather was the most consistent.

Chinelo mucked up the first challenge and Tamara the other two so correct result so far.

Gotta laugh at Tamara making yoga outfits :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rianne wrote: »

Is that wise? :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    This is set up for Chinello to win as I have said from the first week

What ??? how did you work that one out.
  • Options
    CressidaCressida Posts: 3,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see it all now. One good dress at the end wins it all.

Nice to see everyone back in the room.
  • Options
    BunionsBunions Posts: 15,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm gutted Chinelo didn't win but I'm glad Heather did and not Tamara :D

Heather was a very accomplished, technically-gifted sewer but give me Chinelo any time with her raw natural ability, style and flair :)

Tamara's stuff had me staring in disbelief thinking 'WTF?' :o

Sad it's over for another year :(
  • Options
    trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rianne wrote: »

As long as she keeps it cool and doesn't chuck 17 fabrics at one top, she'll never top that monstrosity that somehow snagged garment of the week. :o

Chinelo will make a career from this it seems. Good show I say. :cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bunions wrote: »
    I'm gutted Chinelo didn't win but I'm glad Heather did and not Tamara :D

Heather was a very accomplished, technically-gifted sewer but give me Chinelo any time with her raw natural ability, style and flair :)

Tamara's stuff had me staring in disbelief thinking 'WTF?' :o

Sad it's over for another year :(

Agreed.

Although i do think Heathers's final dress was stunning and very 'couture' so i cannot quibble with the result too much.

I hope Chinelo goes far with her dress making business. I feel that she got through to the final due to her natural flair and talent and not due to any special treatment. In fact i find it a little bit sad that anyone would insinuate otherwise.

I disliked practically everything which Tamara made i am afraid.

Another series over - i wish it was longer!
  • Options
    HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed reading what all the contestants have been doing since the programme ended.

I think if Chinello hadn't made such a mess of that tie she would have won. She is very creative and uses fabrics so well. It's lovely that she makes clothes without patterns and is so brave with her scissors but tonight she needed to be able to follow a pattern to make that tie and it was just beyond her.
  • Options
    seejay63seejay63 Posts: 8,800
    Forum Member
    Who'd have thought a tie was so difficult to make?

Chinelo's alteration was gorgeous. Heather's final dress was lovely, Chinelo's was too, but Tamara's was hideous! Was it supposed to be a posh "going out" dress?!
  • Options
    BunionsBunions Posts: 15,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We may disagree on some things about the show and the contestants but seem to be in total agreement that there was something 'off' about Tamara and her 'creations' were bizarre at best and hideous at worst :D
  • Options
    Kayjay2405Kayjay2405 Posts: 886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cressida wrote: »
    I see it all now. One good dress at the end wins it all.

Nice to see everyone back in the room.

That's what I don't understand, yes Heather's dress just pipped Chinelo's but during the whole series Chinelo was better than Heather. Surely they should be judging the whole not a part of it?
  • Options
    Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    I don't know what Tamara sees, but I swear it isn't the same as the rest of us.

It was between Heather and Chinelo. but I don't think Chinelo could come back from making a mess of the tie, although she's extremely talented and has an eye for colour and form.

Wonder if they'll be a Christmas special as there was last year, when the contestants come back and make something associated with Christmas such as a present for someone specific or a decoration.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As long as she keeps it cool and doesn't chuck 17 fabrics at one top, she'll never top that monstrosity that somehow snagged garment of the week. :o

Chinelo will make a career from this it seems. Good show I say. :cry:

Here is a link to her blog for those who are interested

http://chinelobally.com
  • Options
    ennui 57ennui 57 Posts: 1,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Chinelo was going to win.

But Heather's bodice, in particular, was beautiful. You could almost feel the quality through the tv screen. I adore Chinelo, but I agreed with Patrick regarding the fish-tail.

But well done to everyone: I shall really miss this programme. I enjoyed comparing what I thought I would be capable of, with what the contestants were doing!

Not that I would consider entering; I'd have a blinkin' heart attack with the time constraints. Would anyone else on here enter I wonder?

(Wonders what to do with Tues eves now :kitty:
  • Options
    fern3fern3 Posts: 1,988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    seejay63 wrote: »
    Who'd have thought a tie was so difficult to make?

At my school we all had to do the same subjects. So girls had to try woodwork and metalwork and boys had to do cooking and sewing. The boys all made ties, and now, after 30 years, I understand why they made such a mess of them!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so glad Heather won, even though she had never won garment of the week she was the most consistent! And her final dress was absolutely stunning!
  • Options
    J.RJ.R Posts: 2,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really, really wanted to climb in the TV and help Chinelo with the tie. I'm glad Patrick came to her aid a bit anyway. Loved her little girls dress very worthy winner of that section. I really loved the top of her ball gown but not the skirt so much.
    Tamara did a good job on the tie. I'm very tempted to say nothing else about her to be honest but her little girls dress was quite nice but cutting the skirts off like that might be edgy but not couture. As for her evening gown - a glue gun!! Did she not understand that it was couture week.
    Heathers tie was good - shame she didnt take longer with the slip stitching - bit too much 'slip' I think. Considering she had to make a change with the child dress I thought hers was really cute - agreed with Patrick about the neckline though. She really released her inner Vivienne Westwood for her ball gown - she has mentioned being a fan of hers. I thought it was gorgeous - I was definitely seeing a red and black dress though. The bodice was beautifully made and the detachable bustle an inspired touch.
    I would have liked to have seen Chinelo win but was perfectly happy that it was Heather.
    I am so sad it has ended - I shall really miss it. Will give the allotments a try next week but dosnt have the same allure for me some how.
  • Options
    trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mazzy50 wrote: »
    Here is a link to her blog for those who are interested

http://chinelobally.com

Great blog and bookmarked. Her poor goddaughter being properly traumatised by Chinelo's "I hate children" joke. :D:D