Options

Is Liam Gallagher Talented?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
Forum Member
Is Liam Gallagher talented or did he just ride on his brothers back?
Does his new group prove he is or isn't talented????

Comments

• Options
    Sifter22Sifter22 Posts: 12,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was Noel who joined Liam's band.
  • Options
    Jim_McIntoshJim_McIntosh Posts: 5,866
    Forum Member
    Yes he's talented. Anyone who finds themselves singer in the biggest band in the country (15 years ago) is likely to have some talent or else everyone else would be doing it too.

I'd say less talented than his brother but that's just my personal opinion. As I said on another topic - how do you quantify talent?
  • Options
    Luner13Luner13 Posts: 2,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He has adequate vocal talent but he isn't as good a live singer as he thinks he is.

Songwriting wise he can't lace his brother boots but I did like "I'm Outta Time" which Liam wrote.
  • Options
    BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Noel is more talented by a mile but Liam is still a good frontman, Oasis & britpop wouldn't be the same without the two
  • Options
    homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    Noel over liam anyday but liams voice is not what it was.
  • Options
    DRAGON LANCEDRAGON LANCE Posts: 1,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To echo what others have said Noel is the talent of Oasis, but he couldn't have done it without his brother. I actual think Noel has a better singing voice over the lighter songs-check out any of his acoustic versions of Wonderwall as proof. But Liam at his peak just had a wonderful rock growl and sneer to his voice which worked incredibly well in their live shows.
  • Options
    Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    Listen to 'Married with Children' on Definitely Maybe to hear Liam's voice in all its natural beauty. His voice has lost it a bit over the years, naturally, but he was the frontman of the biggest band of a decade so he must have been doing something right.
  • Options
    rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do not think he overly talented.
  • Options
    Johnny_CashJohnny_Cash Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I believe he is a pretty good chippy if needs be and what he can do with a bit of architrave takes some real skill.
  • Options
    thewaywardbusthewaywardbus Posts: 2,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't stand Liam's voice and think his brother is the more talented.

Judging on the amount of arguments the brothers had, i can't see Noel putting up with his brother being in the band if he has bno talent at all.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 79
    Forum Member
    He's more talented than Liam Payne, that's for sure,
  • Options
    TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not nearly as talented as he thinks he is (probably no one is that talented).
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,966
    Forum Member
    Of course he is. What a strange thread.
  • Options
    musicjukebox123musicjukebox123 Posts: 745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think a lot of his talent came more away from the music. Cultivating an image and style that was uniquely him and represented Britpop.
    His appearance the parker jacket and slouched stance at the mic and with his phrases 'our kid' etc were iconic and that was before he even sang a note. His vocal delivery was also unique and imitable. This was widely parodied showing how iconic the look/style had became and identifiable to him.

The ability to embody a movement and become one if not the biggest/iconic person of that scene and to have masses of millions buy into that and follow is talent.
  • Options
    PointyPointy Posts: 1,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liam was always more charismatic than talented. Sadly, both his charisma and talent have faded considerably over time.
  • Options
    Sifter22Sifter22 Posts: 12,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pointy wrote: »
    Liam was always more charismatic than talented. Sadly, both his charisma and talent have faded considerably over time.

It's weird. Noel has aged brilliantly but Liam's looks seem to have faded. Getting off the drugs seemed to really help Noel, he's was constantly gurning in the 90's.
  • Options
    starry_runestarry_rune Posts: 9,006
    Forum Member

this. anyone who makes the top 40 is talented really
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sifter22 wrote: »
    It's weird. Noel has aged brilliantly but Liam's looks seem to have faded. Getting off the drugs seemed to really help Noel, he's was constantly gurning in the 90's.

Noel was always the smart one. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The Cheeky Girls?
  • Options
    starry_runestarry_rune Posts: 9,006
    Forum Member
    Pointy wrote: »
    The Cheeky Girls?

They are still quite big outside the UK, and have had some good hits including covers of Right Said Fred's I'm Too Sexy. The Cheeky song was big in its day, very catchy.

People will always remember them and they've dated high up polititions and made lots of money, and had to look after themselves to remain sexy.
  • Options
    mialiciousmialicious Posts: 4,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

a ridiculous statement
  • Options
    TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Mr Blobby?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I prefer Noel's solo stuff compared to Liam's. But together they were so much better... Not sure that makes either less or more talented - They both have talent. Together with the rest of Oasis they ruled, egos or family stuff gets in the way :( Same with many bands, Paul with out the Beatles for example... Talented business man but I don't rate his solo stuff!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr Blobby?

That actually was pretty genius, to be fair.
  • Options
    julie2009julie2009 Posts: 4,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree even though Noel is the better songwriter of the group.

Saw Oasis some years back and noticed every time Liam did a song Noel left the stage and vice versa.

Always loved Britpop between Oasis and Blur I loved both groups and could never decide which was best - very talented singers and songwriters including Damon Albarn