you mean 16 to 1 on?

not sure I would take that price.
  • Options
    radio4extracrapradio4extracrap Posts: 2,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you mean 16 to 1 on?

not sure I would take that price.

Yes. I got 12/1 on three weeks ago - mind you just £12 !!!. Wish now I took the 7/1 on when Carswell originally defected... Walking around this weekend even 16/1 on is Generous.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now moved from 16/1 on to 20/1 on. So for every £20 get £1 win plus the stake!!!
    Tories moved from 7/1 to 8/1. Put one on to get eight plus stake.

As for the so called Labour Party, 25/1.
  • Options
    plateletplatelet Posts: 26,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It depends how much you have to bet with I guess
    Why I bet £900k on the Scottish referendum
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,720
    Forum Member
    UKIP to win a seat at the next election:

Yes - 1/4
    No - 11/4

Pretty obvious they're going to win a seat, but you'll have a nine-month wait to get your money back.
  • Options
    gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Meilie wrote: »

Yes - 1/4
    No - 11/4

Pretty obvious they're going to win a seat, but you'll have a nine-month wait to get your money back.

I am not so sure it is obvious. that's why you can get 1/4. Bookies are generally excellent judges. Out of interest, those odds add to an overround of 108% - so a balanced book would give the bookies 8% profit.
  • Options
    CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member

Yes - 1/4
    No - 11/4

Are there different odds for them winning a seat other than Clacton? You could even add South Thanet in there. I would be interested in the odds of UKIP winning a seat with someone that isn't Carswell or Farage.
  • Options
    BanglaRoadBanglaRoad Posts: 57,595
    Forum Member
    Cryolemon wrote: »
    Are there different odds for them winning a seat other than Clacton? You could even add South Thanet in there. I would be interested in the odds of UKIP winning a seat with someone that isn't Carswell or Farage.

Have a look at Paddy Power website There are odds for over one hundred seats for the next General Election
  • Options
    Forum Member

Seat winner - Thanet South:

UKIP - 4/5
    Conservatives - 5/2
    Labour - 11/4
    Lib Dems - 100/1
    Greens - 200/1

http://sportsbeta.ladbrokes.com/UK-General-Election/Next-General-Election-Constituency-Betting/Politics-N-1z140vgZ1z140v7Z1z141ne/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Seat winner - Thanet South:

UKIP - 4/5
    Conservatives - 5/2
    Labour - 11/4
    Lib Dems - 100/1
    Greens - 200/1

http://sportsbeta.ladbrokes.com/UK-General-Election/Next-General-Election-Constituency-Betting/Politics-N-1z140vgZ1z140v7Z1z141ne/

That wasn't really what I was asking for. I was asking what the odds would be of UKIP winning any seat other than Clacton or Thanet South.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That wasn't really what I was asking for. I was asking what the odds would be of UKIP winning any seat other than Clacton or Thanet South.

Eastleigh looks an interesting bet
    Lib Dems 1/3
    UKIP 5/2
  • Options
    Forum Member
    BanglaRoad wrote: »
    Eastleigh looks an interesting bet
    Lib Dems 1/3
    UKIP 5/2

Yeah, that could be close. Although what I was actually asking, since I don't think I've been clear enough, is could you get odds on the prospect of UKIP winning any seat, but ignoring Clacton and Thanet South. I suppose the closest is probably the odds of them winning 3 seats.
  • Options
    Forum Member

UKIP odds:

Boston & Skegness - 9/4
    Camborne & Redruth - 5/1
    Castle Point - 7/2
    Folkestone & Hythe - 4/1
    Great Grimsby - 11/4
    Great Yarmouth - 7/4
    Rotherham - 3/1
    Thanet North - 7/2
    Thurrock - 7/4
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah, that could be close. Although what I was actually asking, since I don't think I've been clear enough, is could you get odds on the prospect of UKIP winning any seat, but ignoring Clacton and Thanet South. I suppose the closest is probably the odds of them winning 3 seats.

UKIP Total number of seats Less than 2.5 Evens
    More than 2.5 8/11

Would suggest that if Clacton and Thanet are in the bag then more than is the bet to take for there could well be another defection or two from the Tories
  • Options
    Forum Member

UKIP total number of seats:

Under 1.5 - 11/10
    Over 1.5 - 4/6
    Under 4.5 - 2/7
    Over 4.5 - 5/2
    Under 9.5 - 1/8
    Over 9.5 - 4/1
  • Options
    Forum Member
    BanglaRoad wrote: »
    UKIP Total number of seats Less than 2.5 Evens
    More than 2.5 8/11

Would suggest that if Clacton and Thanet are in the bag then more than is the bet to take for there could well be another defection or two from the Tories

Yeah, I don't see why you wouldn't bet the over on that.
    UKIP total number of seats:

Under 1.5 - 11/10
    Over 1.5 - 4/6
    Under 4.5 - 2/7
    Over 4.5 - 5/2
    Under 9.5 - 1/8
    Over 9.5 - 4/1

5/2 for over 4.5 seems decent, and 4/1 for over 9.5 might even be worth a couple of quid actually.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah, I don't see why you wouldn't bet the over on that.

5/2 for over 4.5 seems decent, and 4/1 for over 9.5 might even be worth a couple of quid actually.

Betting on politics is becoming huge now Lots of different markets available
  • Options
    Forum Member

Under 4.5 would be the safest bet.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Under 4.5 would be the safest bet.

You obviously dont bet often. Ukip will even have 5 MPs before the General Election. The technical term is Jumping Ship.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You obviously dont bet often. Ukip will even have 5 MPs before the General Election. The technical term is Jumping Ship.

Care to name the five MPs or is this just a UKIP wet dream you had?
  • Options
    mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member

as someone who has probably spent too much time gambling over the years , one thing I have learned , never ever let what you want to happen influence how you bet. its a sure way to lose money
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimik1uk wrote: »
    as someone who has probably spent too much time gambling over the years , one thing I have learned , never ever let what you want to happen influence how you bet. its a sure way to lose money

Worth even putting on twenty to get twenty one back.. Public meeting was packed to the gunnels.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Worth even putting on twenty to get twenty one back.. Public meeting was packed to the gunnels.

That doesn't mean everyone in your locale is voting UKIP though.

Just the ones who turned up for the meeting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That doesn't mean everyone in your locale is voting UKIP though.

Just the ones who turned up for the meeting.

Carswell does not need "everyone" - just one more that the Tories, and by the look of the town daubed in yellow and mauve, that's extremely likely.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Carswell does not need "everyone" - just one more that the Tories, and by the look of the town daubed in yellow and mauve, that's extremely likely.

They'll probably win Clacton, Thanet South and one or two others, but I'll be very surprised if they win more than four seats.