Are there too many Carter's?

ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,203
Forum Member
Personally I don't think so, they are all different characters and they have put a lot of working building up the dynamics of the family. Lee and Tosh are the weakest links mind.

Are there too many Carter's? 65 votes

There are too many
46%
lulu gbspaceSick BulletJake2008KatrinaKYoshi Fanwalford-e20cobwebsoupMinttymintvaslav37Benllech[Deleted User]Collins1965ryanr554[Deleted User]lewisktfcJ-BsecretagentKaylaL[Deleted User] 30 votes
There are not enough
7%
Bakervichelasticlove[Deleted User]joshua_martin[Deleted User] 5 votes
It's the right amount
46%
yohinnchildvald_elly001ImOnlyWeetq21dan2008Lizzie BrookesOnly_Youhils0912curvybabesSnowyfaceCherryRoseDessieemmageeringScrabbler[Deleted User]O-Jswehlos.kavRetroMusicFan 30 votes

Comments

• ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,203
    Forum Member
    It's the right amount
    Poll up
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are not enough
    not enough!!!!!!
    Forum Member
    It's the right amount
    not enough!!!!!!

Controversial :D
  • walford-e20walford-e20 Posts: 6,554
    Forum Member
    There are too many
    I love them, but I have to admit the Carter stratosphere is ever-expanding and is in need of some trimming. We'll soon have:

Shirley
    Mick
    Linda
    Nancy
    Johnny
    Lee
    Stan
    Dean
    Tina
    Tosh
    Elaine
    Slyvie
  • GeekInfectedGeekInfected Posts: 6,372
    Forum Member
    I think the only problem numbers-wise with the Carters is that we don't know any of them well enough.
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    It's the right amount
    There's probably the right amount for their upcoming s/ls, but I wouldn't mind them being trimmed back a bit after Christmas.
    Forum Member
    It's the right amount
    I love them, but I have to admit the Carter stratosphere is ever-expanding and is in need of some trimming. We'll soon have:

Shirley
    Mick
    Linda
    Nancy
    Johnny
    Lee
    Stan
    Dean
    Tina
    Tosh
    Elaine
    Slyvie

Elaine is just a guest and babe abd sylvia are recurring guests.
  • guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    It's the right amount
    No, because I don't lump them together as one. When Mick's in a scene, I see him as Mick not as "a Carter". They are all individual characters who work as well with other people as they do with each other. There could be another ten of them and as long as they were all fully-realised characters played by decent actors I wouldn't care. I just want great characters and great writing, I don't care what their surname is.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are too many
    I think the only problem numbers-wise with the Carters is that we don't know any of them well enough.

Agreed, particularly the "kids". They actually do nothing.
  • cardiff boyocardiff boyo Posts: 3,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vald wrote: »
    There's probably the right amount for their upcoming s/ls, but I wouldn't mind them being trimmed back a bit after Christmas.

Totally agree..for an intro its fine but when we look at Denise as 1 Fox it seems the cast isn't quite as balanced as it should be..Lee can go and Babe could too. Tosh can leave and Tina get with Sonia and then all will seem well
  • KaylaLKaylaL Posts: 1,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are too many
    I don't see the need for Tina & Tosh, they contribute nothing at all to the show. I hate Linda, she for me, doesn't fit in with the rest of the family...I can't warm to her at all. As for Dean, it never works bringing back old characters, especially when they're given a personality change. Him being there now, is nothing like what I thought having Deano would be.
  • cardiff boyocardiff boyo Posts: 3,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PS its Saturday and I've had a few so just realised there will be 2 Foxes when Kim returns but u get what I mean and Kim ain't a Fox no more ;-)
  • dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,279
    Forum Member
    It's the right amount
    No i don't think so. It's nice to have a full family unit topped with an Aunt and Grand Parents.

Tosh is not needed though and Lee could get Stabbed on a night out or something. Would tie nicely with him being in the Army but being killed in his own Square.
  • HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
    Forum Member
    There needs to be less of them 6 months from now imo otherwise it may dent their long term popularity through leaving viewers jaded.
  • J-BJ-B Posts: 18,611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are too many
    I think some of them should have been left waiting in the wings to come in when some of the main members leave / are killed off within a year or two. Elaine, Babe, Lee, Sylvie all seem superfluous to me at the moment . Tosh could have been a short stint for 4-6 months to facilitate the baby / domestic abuse plot with Tina then should have left.
  • KatrinaKKatrinaK Posts: 32,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are too many
    I picked "too many".

Losing Tosh, Tina and Lee would make no difference to that family.
  • StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    It's the right amount

Shirley
    Mick
    Linda
    Nancy
    Johnny
    Lee
    Stan
    Dean
    Tina
    Tosh
    Elaine
    Slyvie

I agree, I think there is the perfect amount at the moment but don't want them to dominate every storyline! :D
  • CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's the right amount
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    Personally I don't think so, they are all different characters and they have put a lot of working building up the dynamics of the family. Lee and Tosh are the weakest links mind.

I don't think they're to many, I like the mixture they have. I don't think any more should come though.
  • sarahcssarahcs Posts: 8,734
    Forum Member
    I'm confused, I thought there were only six: Susan, Neil, Christopher, Alice and the Grundys?
  • O-JO-J Posts: 18,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's the right amount
    Tosh is unlikely to stay long term!
  • Sunset DaleSunset Dale Posts: 1,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are too many
    Get rid of Lee , Tina and Tosh. Then there will the the right amount. ;-)
  • O-JO-J Posts: 18,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's the right amount
    Get rid of Lee , Tina and Tosh. Then there will the the right amount. ;-)

Not Tina, I like her!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are too many
    I don't hate Tina, it's just that she's not really needed. Feels a bit like a spare part. She's a bit silly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are too many
    benbenalen wrote: »
    Not Tina, I like her!

Well Lee definitely has to go, he's a plank. The only time I liked Tosh was when she hosed Shirley. But that's not enough to warrant her staying though. :D
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are too many
    Tina Tosh and Lee are superfluous to requirements but the rest are fine.