Options

Idiotic things you've seen during the bad weather?

Deaf LeppardDeaf Leppard Posts: 2,682
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Two acts of idiocy/rudeness over the past few days here.

One was a neighbour joyfully using hot water in a hose to melt snow around his car and driveway.

2nd was when I was waiting to get out of a carpark, and a White van was in trouble. I took my snow shovel out of the boot and started helping clear the snow. A guy jumped out an started shouting at me that the road should have been cleared 'hours ago' and 'you're all sitting drinking tea and not clearing the snow quick enough'. God knows who he thought I was, obviously a workie, but I threw my shovel back in the boot and got back in my car. Arsehole.

Comments

• Options
    lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    Two acts of idiocy/rudeness over the past few days here.

One was a neighbour joyfully using hot water in a hose to melt snow around his car and driveway.

Surely that's his perogative? I don't see why you consider it idiotic or rude.
    2nd was when I was waiting to get out of a carpark, and a White van was in trouble. I took my snow shovel out of the boot and started helping clear the snow. A guy jumped out an started shouting at me that the road should have been cleared 'hours ago' and 'you're all sitting drinking tea and not clearing the snow quick enough'. God knows who he thought I was, obviously a workie, but I threw my shovel back in the boot and got back in my car. Arsehole.

Now that *is* rude.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lemoncurd wrote: »

Because although he melted some snow, all that water will turn to ice and be even worse!
  • Options
    lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    Because although he melted some snow, all that water will turn to ice and be even worse!

Not if he salts it while it's wet.
  • Options
    fifilapewfifilapew Posts: 4,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lemoncurd wrote: »

Now that *is* rude.

Because in freezing weather he'll have an ice rink for a drive within a few hours.

Rude, but a mistake, you could have put him straight and both enjoyed a giggle at it.
  • Options
    AzagothAzagoth Posts: 10,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some numpty on a plastic crotch-rocket tearing down the main road at well over 100. Of course, if he comes off and dies then it'll be everyone else's fault bar his.
  • Options
    BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Unlike the snow itself which isn't made of water?
  • Options
    tanstaafltanstaafl Posts: 22,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Those people who start exerting their apparently god-given right to walk in the middle of the road.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe not idiotic, but it baffles me as to why some drivers seem to think that spinning their wheels at high speed will get them out faster than if they were to just take it slow when going up a 24 foot bit of road that's slightly banky.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    morons kicking apart the snowmen kids have spent all day making and will be devastated when they get up and see them smashed
  • Options
    shirlt9shirlt9 Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    All the teenage girls walking past our house on the way to school just in their uniform and no coat!..too cool to wear a coat yet shivering and blowing their hands with their skirts way up past their knees:rolleyes:
  • Options
    mathertronmathertron Posts: 30,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hollyoaks
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member
    Someone digging up the snow in front of a car which was in full speed to go forward but was stuck. So stupid! If the car came free they'd have been hit by it... not to mention the stupidity of using a space on a moving tyre!
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lainy wrote: »
    morons kicking apart the snowmen kids have spent all day making and will be devastated when they get up and see them smashed

It's what you call being extremely childish and immature.
  • Options
    DANCE OF DEATHDANCE OF DEATH Posts: 4,781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watching a group of women who got on my bus wearing high heels and when we got to the destination and they got off the bus watching them falling all over the place and in some cases seeing much more that I shouldn't have seen. Bunch of idiots.
  • Options
    Dai13371Dai13371 Posts: 8,071
    Forum Member
    Azagoth wrote: »
    Some numpty on a plastic crotch-rocket tearing down the main road at well over 100. Of course, if he comes off and dies then it'll be everyone else's fault bar his.

At least someone will have a new liver or kidneys for Christmas though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shirlt9 wrote: »
    All the teenage girls walking past our house on the way to school just in their uniform and no coat!..too cool to wear a coat yet shivering and blowing their hands with their skirts way up past their knees:rolleyes:

Idiotic behaviour indeed. You should invite them inside to get a heat in them.
  • Options
    ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dai13371 wrote: »
    At least someone will have a new liver or kidneys for Christmas though.

Good point - "its an ill wind that blows no-one any good" :D
  • Options
    Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I arrived at Tesco today to see customers' cars parked completely higgledy-piggledy. Where the lines were still visible, some people had parked properly, but loads seem to have just stopped at random!
  • Options
    shirlt9shirlt9 Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Idiotic behaviour indeed. You should invite them inside to get a heat in them.

I am a woman so I dont think so..my teenage son may like that though..:D
  • Options
    BizzaBizza Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm always surprised by the amount of idiots I see driving around with their rear windows completely covered in snow.
  • Options
    ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All those idiots who clear their windscreens but not their lights or indicators or wing mirrors.
  • Options
    AppleJuice:)AppleJuice:) Posts: 3,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stupid immature children building 'Snowmen'... what a waste of time, couldn't they do something that's actually useful? Like doing their homework. IDIOTS :mad:
  • Options
    gmphmacgmphmac Posts: 2,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Idiots walking about in T-shirts and other summer clothing :eek:
  • Options
    LittleMinx25LittleMinx25 Posts: 3,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gmphmac wrote: »
    Idiots walking about in T-shirts and other summer clothing :eek:

i didnt think anyone would see me lol;)