What themes would we like to see this year?

cashloot147cashloot147 Posts: 609
Forum Member
✭✭
Personally, I would love to see a week where acts have to write/co-write their own song. With judges Gary, Kelly and Tulisa, they will have mentors who are experienced in songwriting who will be able to guide them and we will get a better idea of the kind of musical direction they are likely to pursue.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2 words

Big Band
  • SurrenderBillSurrenderBill Posts: 19,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    None, this shouldn't be about fitting into a variety of themes, it should be about being good at what you do.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2011 hits
    #1's
    Modern Classics
    Michael Jackson
    Album tracks?
    Best of British
    Movie themes
    Love Songs

No Big Band, please. And no Rock either. Or Disco. Specific genre themes are dreadful and half the time the acts just choose anything even if it doesn't fit the genre (Lloyd - I Kissed A Girl, for example).
  • cashloot147cashloot147 Posts: 609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pork.pie wrote: »
    None, this shouldn't be about fitting into a variety of themes, it should be about being good at what you do.

I agree to an extent but the themes are good for showing diversity and ability to keep your music fresh.

The reason I would like a songwriting week would be to see who actually has the talent to be an all-rounder. And I think that with more and more X Factor alumni having more creative input into their material, it would weed out the puppets from the artists.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree to an extent but the themes are good for showing diversity and ability to keep your music fresh.

The reason I would like a songwriting week would be to see who actually has the talent to be an all-rounder. And I think that with more and more X Factor alumni having more creative input into their material, it would weed out the puppets from the artists.

Keeping it fresh is hardly relevant, most sink without a trace anyway... and out of those who haven't... who has shown diversity so far?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My theme is to have no themes.

Have a live band, and let them sing what they hell they like - every week.

The only reason they have "themes" is to make it look like the judges actually 'mentor' them because they pick the song, and they probably don't even do that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Order wrote: »
    My theme is to have no themes.

Have a live band, and let them sing what they hell they like - every week.

The only reason they have "themes" is to make it look like the judges actually 'mentor' them because they pick the song, and they probably don't even do that.

No, there is another reason... they can use themes to manipulate the outcome... by choosing themes best suited to whoever they want to win.
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    Diva
    Number 1 Hits.
    American Anthems.
    Best of British.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spontaneous combustion, please...its very 'current' apparently...
  • Faria262Faria262 Posts: 6,952
    Forum Member
    X Factor Alumni :)

xxxx
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No themes works for me. Half of the time they're meaningless anyway and half of the songs chosen bear very little relation to the supposed theme
  • SatanelSatanel Posts: 11,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't care about the themes, as long as they stick to them.
  • Jaydan09Jaydan09 Posts: 360
    Forum Member
    Would actually quite like an Elvis Presley themed week
  • The Steel FlippThe Steel Flipp Posts: 4,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why have themes when the past judges used to bend and break them especially Louis.
  • crazyguyz999crazyguyz999 Posts: 1,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Year they were born songs
    Number 1s
    Divas
    Ballad week
    American Anthems
    2011 chart toppers
    Ex-X factor contestant songs
    Love song week
    Group/band songs
  • EastEnders-1105EastEnders-1105 Posts: 11,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    amy Winehouse week
    Micheal Jackson week
  • ScrubberScrubber Posts: 4,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Take That
    *Music of 2011
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I want Motown and Disco to return, but I doubt that'll happen.

And on a more selfish note, I think Kylie night (or perhaps MINOGUE night, i.e. Kyle and Dannii) would be awesome. Even if it was just for one half of Top 5 week, a la Britney in Series 5.