Who's topped the votes (newspaper report - possible 'spoiler' of sorts)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,780
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just sharing this for whoever wants to know, I saw in a paper today that
Janet

has aced every vote so far... Not sure I can believe that...

Comments

• MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    I can certainly believe that is true - she has the Irish vote, a broad range of support and appeals to older viewers.

No need for a spoiler though - there is already a thread discussing it.

However I never believe the Star - they claimed Jedward were topping the votes and they never did (were always near the bottom 2 but managed to avoid it just for weeks).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    MARTYM8 wrote: »
    I can certainly believe that is true - she has the Irish vote, a broad range of support and appeals to older viewers.

No need for a spoiler though - there is already a thread discussing it.

However I never believe the Star - they claimed Jedward were topping the votes and they never did (were always near the bottom 2 but managed to avoid it just for weeks).

Please provide a source for this.

The Star are usually right about their leaks - they correctly reported that Rachel Adedeji had topped the vote in Week Three, that Eoghan was topping every week, that Jedward actually weren't doing especially well, and various other things. I'm inclined to trust them on this.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anactoria wrote: »

The Star are usually right about their leaks - they correctly reported that Rachel Adedeji had topped the vote in Week Three, that Eoghan was topping every week, that Jedward actually weren't doing especially well, and various other things. I'm inclined to trust them on this.

No they did claim Jedward and Wagner were doing welll......
  • AliceyAlicey Posts: 5,294
    Forum Member
    The Sun were the ones that climed Jedward and Wagner were doing well.

The Star also got it right about Mary being in the top 2 for the first 3 weeks. (another Irish contestant that did a hell of a lot better in the vote than she did on any online poll)
    Forum Member
    No they did claim Jedward and Wagner were doing welll......

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/105910/

Also:

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/posts/view/58695/X-Factor-boy-wonder-is-a-sure-winner/

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/posts/view/61310/Diana-nears-exit/

The Daily Star really is pretty good about their XF leaks - even if they're not always dead on, they're usually closer than everyone else. If they really did claim that Wagner & Jedward were doing well, I'll revise my opinion, but so far nobody has actually been able to provide links to the articles where they claimed that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,152
    Forum Member
    Doesn't surprise me about Janet and for that reason she won't be bottom 2 today, however the Irish vote can't win it as Egohan found out when he came 3rd
  • FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was The Sun who wrote about jedward and Wagner, not the star. check it's all there to see, failing the papers archive, the wayback machine.

It's quite plausible though, the star are usually very reliable with their voting leaks. Doesnt mean things can't change though.
    Forum Member
    Alicey wrote: »
    The Sun were the ones that climed Jedward and Wagner were doing well.

The Star also got it right about Mary being in the top 2 for the first 3 weeks. (another Irish contestant that did a hell of a lot better in the vote than she did on any online poll)

Well I knew it was a tabloid - its not hard to mix up the Sun and the Star.:D

Just don't know why the Star would have more of an inside track than the Sun - the Sun is a bigger paper with tonnes more readers. For publicity purposes the Sun would surely be a better bet to leak voting details to - it has a massive readership!
    Forum Member
    Fizix wrote: »
    It was The Sun who wrote about jedward and Wagner, not the star. check it's all there to see, failing the papers archive, the wayback machine.

It's quite plausible though, the star are usually very reliable with their voting leaks. Doesnt mean things can't change though.

I still think Janet will win - the best singers (Misha and Kitty) don't have the support and I think Craig and Marcus will split a similar vote. Little Mix is hard to call - they could be very popular or not in the votes.

However it all changed last night with Amelia Lily - she was spectacular in my view. If the public get behind her she could be Janet's biggest threat!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Just don't know why the Star would have more of an inside track than the Sun - the Sun is a bigger paper with tonnes more readers. For publicity purposes the Sun would surely be a better bet to leak voting details to - it has a massive readership!

Good point but the Star have been right a lot with some detail and the occasions they have been wrong it's been a fraction of a percent error.

Clearly someone at the star knows someone with access to the info. If it's a personal acquaintance then it's quite possible the star are the only ones with access.

With Janet winning, I wouldn't like to say. I would say it's between Janet, little mix, Marcus and maybe Amelia (writing Misha and kitty off due to being in the bottom 3).
    Forum Member
    I still think Janet will win - the best singers (Misha and Kitty) don't have the support and I think Craig and Marcus will split a similar vote. Little Mix is hard to call - they could be very popular or not in the votes.

However it all changed last night with Amelia Lily - she was spectacular in my view. If the public get behind her she could be Janet's biggest threat!

I can't imagine Janet winning, especially after her last few performances. She's too divisive to pick up floating voters (which the winner always needs to do), and she must have lost the sympathy vote by now. It's much easier for divisive acts to top the vote earlier in the contest when the vote is split, but as other acts are eliminated, her percentage will probably drop sharply.

Besides, as bland as the winners of TXF often are, they're usually pretty good at hitting notes (Steve being an unfortunate exception). I would say that Janet's the one contestant this year who can't do that with any sort of regularity.
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/105910/

Also:

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/posts/view/58695/X-Factor-boy-wonder-is-a-sure-winner/

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/posts/view/61310/Diana-nears-exit/

The Daily Star really is pretty good about their XF leaks - even if they're not always dead on, they're usually closer than everyone else. If they really did claim that Wagner & Jedward were doing well, I'll revise my opinion, but so far nobody has actually been able to provide links to the articles where they claimed that.

The Daily Star DID originally claim that Jedward had topped the votes in Week 3 but it was the Irish Daily Star.
  • flowerladyflowerlady Posts: 1,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could be the quickest comeback\exit ever... I dont think Amelia is anything special, would laugh my socks off if she is in bottom 2 tonight :))
  • MartynMac123MartynMac123 Posts: 3,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

lalalalala
    Forum Member
    unclekevo wrote: »
    The Daily Star DID originally claim that Jedward had topped the votes in Week 3 but it was the Irish Daily Star.

I'm not familiar with the differences between the two - does the Irish version print a lot of the same stuff, or are the two papers radically different in content? Either way, I can't find the article online.
    oh look, more people are saying they said wagner and jedward were doing good :)

Yes, and more people haven't provided sources. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not familiar with the differences between the two - does the Irish version print a lot of the same stuff, or are the two papers radically different in content? Either way, I can't find the article online.

Yes, and more people haven't provided sources. :)

I believe they are linked "corporately" with a bit of content exchange but that's it.
    Forum Member
    Fizix wrote: »
    I believe they are linked "corporately" with a bit of content exchange but that's it.

In that case, I'm guessing they also have radically different sources of info, so an incorrect voting leak in one should have no bearing on the reputation of the other.

But either way, I guess we'll find out about this one at the end of the series when the weekly results are revealed.
  • rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't think the Star leaks would be planned.

The Sun ones however do make sense, leak information that the "novelty" acts are winning to the biggest paper, fans of all the other acts feel compelled to save their act, the novelty act falls further down the voting and more money is made from people voting to stop novelty act winning. The Sun probably know it's not true when they print it, its just to drum up even more votes.
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, they have a few articles in common but Irish Daily Star covers more Southern Irish news, large emphasis on Irish X Factor contestants and The Irish Apprentice in terms of entertainment news.
  • AliceyAlicey Posts: 5,294
    Forum Member
    Either way, the Star do have a track record of gettng it dead on (and they weren't exactly obvious guesses ether), so if I'm inclined to believe any voting leaks it is this one. Janet topping every week seems to be consistent with them sticking her on early every week and trying to undermine her like they did with Mary Byrne.

The Sun are metaphorically in bed with the X Factor team and print whatever the X Factor spin department wants them to print- they will not be publishing any accurate voting leaks.
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the Star's info is correct, it begs the question as to why Barlow is attacking the poll topper and describing her as "boring" and a one trick pony.
  • jane2507jane2507 Posts: 177
    Forum Member
    Just sharing this for whoever wants to know, I saw in a paper today that
    Janet

has aced every vote so far... Not sure I can believe that...

I cant believe it either :eek:
  • dendadenda Posts: 1,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I reckon Janet is getting a lot of votes from Northern Ireland - the local UTV are certainly cheering her on, which is understandable.

I'm Irish, and wouldn't vote for a candidate just because they came from my country, and I don't think Janet has a tremendous fan base throughout the entire island of Ireland.

I think the only reason she survived last week was because of the 'dedicated Ulster (Northern Ireland) vote' which is mobilised every week regardless of how she performs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    denda wrote: »
    I reckon Janet is getting a lot of votes from Northern Ireland - the local UTV are certainly cheering her on, which is understandable.

I'm Irish, and wouldn't vote for a candidate just because they came from my country, and I don't think Janet has a tremendous fan base throughout the entire island of Ireland.

I think the only reason she survived last week was because of the 'dedicated Ulster (Northern Ireland) vote' which is mobilised every week regardless of how she performs.

I agree with that....I'm Irish too and as much as I would like to see an Irish winner on the show,I wouldn't vote for somebody religiously just because they're the same nationality as me.I don't think she has much of a fan base in the republic anyway,she's from up the north and that's where the majority of the support is coming from I think.Everyone I've been speaking to has said they like Little Mix/Amelia/Misha...no one going too crazy for Janet!!