Options

Frankie and Kirk - what loathesome oiks

Comments

• Options
    TewingirlTewingirl Posts: 2,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anguk wrote: »
    To be fair the Beatles went through their fair share of girls and were quite partial to illegal substances. Most parents wanted their daughters to stay away from men like them, Cliff Richard was a much better option. :D

But the Beatles were supremely talented, and were quick and witty on camera, with a refreshing vocabulary. These two twonks have zero, almost negative talent, and have no wit or conversation at all.
  • Options
    DarcyprincessDarcyprincess Posts: 25,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair, I don't think that Frankie does any harm to others - and there plenty of muscians in the 60s/70s that had reputations for just wanting to sleep with their groupies.

I loved the Beatles as well, but I was talking about the perception of them from the adults of the day, which was very funny. They were the first band to really have obsessive fans and girls screaming over them, and many people saw that as the end of civilised society. Luckily I had young parents who were into music themselves, my Dad was a Bad Boy Teddy Boy in his youth, but some friends parents thought the Beatles were 'dirty and disgusting', and would not let their kids listen to their music.

I know where you are coming from but really the Beatles were quite lame compared to some in the 60s. When you think of the Stones, the likes of Mick Jagger, who really did sleep about with many women.

As for some of these people calling us prudes well they have not lived if they did not live through the 60s. But you can still have manners and you don't have to swear every other word. I still think that Kirk and Frankie come over as very immature and are just trying to impress the girls and they are doing the complete opposite!
  • Options
    StardogStardog Posts: 2,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're having a laugh. Sue them.
  • Options
    DarcyprincessDarcyprincess Posts: 25,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anguk wrote: »
    To be fair the Beatles went through their fair share of girls and were quite partial to illegal substances. Most parents wanted their daughters to stay away from men like them, Cliff Richard was a much better option. :D

Yes, the Beatles did sleep around with their groupies, their is no doubt about that, and as you say Cliff Richard was more squeaky clean but the Beatles were definitely one of the better groups to follow in those days and they were very witty, had charisma and this is why they had a massive following. Mick Jagger was probably the worst where you needed to lock up your daughter thoughter though!
  • Options
    Teddybear99Teddybear99 Posts: 6,077
    Forum Member
    I know where you are coming from but really the Beatles were quite lame compared to some in the 60s. When you think of the Stones, the likes of Mick Jagger, who really did sleep about with many women.

As for some of these people calling us prudes well they have not lived if they did not live through the 60s. But you can still have manners and you don't have to swear every other word. I still think that Kirk and Frankie come over as very immature and are just trying to impress the girls and they are doing the complete opposite!

I think Frankie and Kirk are very different. Frankie has a sweet nature, but yes is a bit immature in some ways, in other ways, he seems quite self aware, and is the first to say that he got it wrong.

Kirk, on the other hand is 5 years older, and comes across as equally immature, but not very self aware. I don't dislike Kirk, but I don't like him as much as I like Frankie.
  • Options
    Dub2Dub2 Posts: 2,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wayne-Kerr wrote: »
    You'll be waiting a long time, thankfully. They will make this series.

I was convinced that was a Mr Blonde comment for a moment.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tewingirl wrote: »
    But the Beatles were supremely talented, and were quick and witty on camera, with a refreshing vocabulary. These two twonks have zero, almost negative talent, and have no wit or conversation at all.

That's how people of their generation saw them, but the older generation of the time did not think they had talent or that they were witty - they tutted about them!

I sometimes have to laugh about just how respectable Paul McCartney is now, he was never my favourite, I much preferred the more maverick John Lennon, and the cheeky Ringo!
  • Options
    GeeMan1973GeeMan1973 Posts: 893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you people seriously comparing Frankie and Kirk to John and Paul?.???? Have I entered some strange dimension.

They are what you call a couple of complete twits, but replace the a with an I.

I was cringing during Kirk's geography task. I got an E in my geography gcse, but even stupid me knows where feckin Australia is. His parents must be so proud.....
  • Options
    Wayne-KerrWayne-Kerr Posts: 3,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GeeMan1973 wrote: »

I was cringing during Kirk's geography task. I got an E in my geography gcse, but even stupid me knows where feckin Australia is. His parents must be so proud.....

Of a BAFTA winner? Yeah I'm sure they are and rightfully so :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Are you people seriously comparing Frankie and Kirk to John and Paul?.???? Have I entered some strange dimension.

I'm not making a direct comparison, no, I was comparing the comments that were made about the Beatles, Stones etc.

Young people have always been a bit wild, and older people have always tutted - that's the point I was making.

As much as I like Frankie, I would not be daft enough to compare him to John or Paul. I did however, think that he had a bit of The Streets about him. I also think that he is a great performer, and that with a bit of work and mentoring he could make a decent living. :)
  • Options
    whoyouarexowhoyouarexo Posts: 6,099
    Forum Member

Just because Kirks not academic it doesn't mean his parents cant be proud of him...

I personally think yes, Kirk and Frankie are both immature, but they aren't the same. Frankie seems to understand where to stop and not to cross the line, but I think Kirk does cross the line and he can be a bit rude. But Frankie will also be led by Kirk because those two have formed quite a bond.
  • Options
    mrs gogginsmrs goggins Posts: 93
    Forum Member

Agree with EVERY word (well I did a bit better in geography ;)) .... and 'loathesome oiks' sums it up very well OP.
  • Options
    TonyfaceTonyface Posts: 1,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The twins have shown them up for the pathetic twerps they really are.
  • Options
    Queen__BeaQueen__Bea Posts: 1,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Frankie is a little boy out of his depth, an idiot playing up to the image he got saddled with during X Factor. Why any girl would find him attractive is a mystery as he is pudgy, unfit with a flabby face and a hairstyle which is as unspeakable as it is gravity-defying. But he is only 18 and - God help him - I fear it's all going to end very badly for him. The UK media eats boys like him for breakfast.

Kirk on the other hand is an ugly, repulsive aggressive sex pest. I've never watched TOWIE, but I have gleaned the impression that most of the kids off it are quite sweet (if rather thick in a contrived way). Kirk, however, strikes me as a real nasty piece of work. An unattractive oik who has simply become used to women getting off with him because he's been on the TV. No one would look at him twice otherwise.

I don't care if the twins have shacked up with a shameless 85 year old letch. I don't care what woman has done a sex tape, had a boob job, or had an affair with their brother in law. No woman deserves to have to sit and have this horrible little man relentlessly coming on to them in such a rude, pushy aggressive manner.

He is disgusting. Worse than Paul Danaan.*

* and that's a sentence I never thought I'd type.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Constantly talking about sex, touching their penises, leering, leching - they are just revolting.

100% agree. I felt embarrassed about it when the twins commented on it - what must they think British males are like :(
  • Options
    too_much_coffeetoo_much_coffee Posts: 2,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Remember the days when Essex Boys were entertaining...........................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoVANVENEEg
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    100% agree. I felt embarrassed about it when the twins commented on it - what must they think British males are like :(

Luckily not all are as Romeo is a more decent representative.
  • Options
    NatoPMTNatoPMT Posts: 3,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Constantly talking about sex, touching their penises, leering, leching - they are just revolting.

i personally would say 'penii'
  • Options
    SurferfishSurferfish Posts: 7,659
    Forum Member
    Just because Kirks not academic it doesn't mean his parents cant be proud of him...

Does anyone else find it slightly worrying that some people on here equate being able to point to the USA on a map of the world as "being academic"? :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johnF1971 wrote: »
    Does anyone else find it slightly worrying that some people on here equate being able to point to the USA on a map of the world as "being academic"? :(

Yes, I do. Being able to point to the USA, Africa, and Australia on the map would be the level of a 7 year old really, not an academic.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Luckily not all are as Romeo is a more decent representative.

romeo, hes the kinda guy that you wanna get deep with

romeooooo

(just to clarify, i had to google that lyric, i didnt already know it, right)
  • Options
    SurferfishSurferfish Posts: 7,659
    Forum Member
    They're a bit like the human equivalent of stray dogs, scratching their bits, sniffing the anuses of female dogs, yelping annoyingly. Only Frankie and Kirk don't seem as sophisticated or clean.

Well there's a well known solution for overly active stray dogs isn't there?

I suggest that BB aranges for Kirk and Frankie to take a quick trip to the vets... :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NatoPMT wrote: »
    i personally would say 'penii'

The plural of penis is penises.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johnF1971 wrote: »
    Well there's a well known solution for overly active stray dogs isn't there?

I suggest that BB aranges for Kirk and Frankie to take a quick trip to the vets... :D

What a wonderful idea - could be the next task.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The plural of penis is penises.

i know. but i prefer the word 'penii'

you dont need to educate me. (i also know where the capitals and apostrophes should be but i have a baby on my knee so cant use shift very often)