Options

Darren Lyons (Mr Paparazzi) - money problems

ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
Forum Member
Freelance photographer Charles Pycraft says Big Pictures owes him nearly £5,000 and has threatened to start winding-up proceedings against the company.

The move comes two weeks after the agency told staff it was experiencing cash-flow problems”.

Pycraft has served Big Pictures with a notice of his intention to issue a winding-up order over unpaid fees of £4,965.50.

In his notice Pycraft said: “Between these dates (5 July-21 August 2012) gave Big Pictures (UK) Ltd pictures to sell as my agent on a 50/50 % sales basis.

“They have already received the money for these picture sales and are withholding the money after saying payments would be made by 31 August.”

If the company, which is run by ‘Mr Paparazzi’ Darryn Lyons, is to avoid being issued with a winding-up order then it has until 5 October to pay.

News of the action comes two weeks after Press Gazette revealed that the agency had warned staff “only essential payments for short-term ongoing trading are being made at present”.

http://www.pressgazette.co.uk/big-pictures-meets-winding-order-privacy-claim-over-facebook-pic

Comments

• Options
    bbloverbblover Posts: 41,663
    Forum Member
    Maybe he used that money for his fake six pack.
  • Options
    K139K139 Posts: 1,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bblover wrote: »
    Maybe he used that money for his fake six pack.

Would have needed to buy a time machine as well:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Couldn't happen to a nicer man. Assuming that 'nicer' means 'more odious'.
  • Options
    quasimoronquasimoron Posts: 20,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could not abide him, a bullying , awful man and the fact Paddy was stuck to him, like poo to a blanket said a lot about him.
  • Options
    CressidaCressida Posts: 3,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    ucra girlucra girl Posts: 19,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Isnt he in Australia? He tweeted Danica a few days ago saying if she was in OZ to check him out.
  • Options
    jeanojjeanoj Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seems like Darryn still has money - it is his company that has gone into administration. Darryn has allegedly put in a bid for the archive pictures held by the company.
  • Options
    HickyHicky Posts: 50,488
    Forum Member
    jeanoj wrote: »
    It seems like Darryn still has money - it is his company that has gone into administration. Darryn has allegedly put in a bid for the archive pictures held by the company.
    Lyons resigned from Big Pictures 5 months ago but remained as Chairman.
    (Thats what it says)
  • Options
    ucra girlucra girl Posts: 19,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He just jumped ship before it sunk.
  • Options
    cezzycezzy Posts: 4,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel for the staff who lost their salaries & now their jobs. I'm sure Mr Pap has ensured he has enough money hidden away for further pointless plastic surgery, unless it's having his mouth welded shut!

Can you tell I don't like Darren Lyons?:rolleyes:
  • Options
    InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,792
    Forum Member
    Nasty little company.
  • Options
    GroundhogalGroundhogal Posts: 9,495
    Forum Member
    Is he still Ziggy's agent?:D
  • Options
    EnidanEnidan Posts: 13,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good. Now thanks to the Leveson Enquiery sleazy, invasive photos are no longer the money spinners they used to be and low lifes like Mr P can crawl back under the stones from which they originally emerged. I hope he is sued beyond bankruptcy.