• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,927
    Forum Member
    nanna7 wrote: »
    Suit me been nicest four in there although a too boring
    Come again?
  • Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WTF :o 29th is the final now what the BB producers doing?
  • Seanieb1983Seanieb1983 Posts: 1,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WTF :o 29th is the final now what the BB producers doing?
    Extending the run :confused:
  • adamski94adamski94 Posts: 3,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would this make it the longest celeb series?
  • Scarlet O'HaraScarlet O'Hara Posts: 6,933
    Forum Member
    I feel sorry for people who already want out like Jim and Liz. If you're clinging on like a marathon runner, it'd be gutting to have the finish line put back.

Contractually, maybe there was a kind of 'overtime' clause like, "Big Brother reserves the right to extend/terminate the series up to a maximum of xxx days..." bla bla? But I'm sure there'd still need to be an increased fee, except for desperados like Dappy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure the housemates are guaranteed a set fee, with £x extra if the show is extended.

They're probably contracted until the Friday after anyway. I vaguely remember from the early Big Brother books that the contestants were signed as employees until the week after the finals. On a sort of fixed term contract.
  • radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Come on, extend it to the Friday!
  • summertime09summertime09 Posts: 10,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is quite unbelievable that they could extend the run of this series without consulting the celebs!!
  • summertime09summertime09 Posts: 10,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure the housemates are guaranteed a set fee, with £x extra if the show is extended.

They're probably contracted until the Friday after anyway. I vaguely remember from the early Big Brother books that the contestants were signed as employees until the week after the finals. On a sort of fixed term contract.

I could imagine that could be the case, however they would still be free at the expiry date therefore under no obligation to do further work concerning CBB
  • Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    More cash for the celebs but its got to be hard finding out you got to stay in there longer
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I could imagine that could be the case, however they would still be free at the expiry date therefore under no obligation to do further work concerning CBB

Yes but if the expiry date is the 31st of January...? Its highly likely they're contracted from Jan 1st to Jan 31st.

In the olden days Channel 4 contracted them until a week or two after the final so that they were tied into the 'winners stories' shows and publicity etc.
    Come on, extend it to the Friday!

Whilst I agree it would be better to have the final on the Friday, Jim starts his tour on that night. So unless the can convince him to move the date, I can't imagine them extending it further.
  • oathyoathy Posts: 32,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lmao
    Maybe Dicky Desmond would like it extended till he finds a buyer for c5?? :p how does easter sound for Lionel and co?
  • erin_perin_p Posts: 25,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sorry I will delete mine
  • ultrosultros Posts: 8,504
    Forum Member
    The public have spoken......
    They want more Queen Louisa and C5 have caved in to the demand :cool:
  • mysty211mysty211 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blue also have a date on either the 31st or the 1st Feb .
    They'll probably release their new single right after CBB.
  • itsJoeitsJoe Posts: 2,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At this rate it will be ending in February.
  • TheWireRulesTheWireRules Posts: 1,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are contracted for a period of time. This is why Jasmine has to stay in the UK until the end of January, and evicted housemates appear on BOTS etc. So even Evander has to stay until the end of the month if he wants to get paid.
  • SpiritedAwaySpiritedAway Posts: 10,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are contracted for a period of time. This is why Jasmine has to stay in the UK until the end of January, and evicted housemates appear on BOTS etc. So even Evander has to stay until the end of the month if he wants to get paid.
    Yep. I doubt any addendum to their existing contracts is necessary.
  • M1010DM1010D Posts: 413
    Forum Member
    FFS, I was happy it was extended to the Tuesday, but don't want the final on the Wednesday, I work until a certain time on the Weds so I would be missing most of it live. I know what some will say but don't say 'watch it later', it isn't the same with the final.. Hoping channel 5 extend it again to Friday. Either way, I guess it's better that just having a short 21 day series :)
  • Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe when discussed with the celebs they said it would be better for them if the show finished on Wednesday??

Maybe Monday will be another eviction show??
  • VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not interested in watching these HMs for that long.

I also regard it as unfair to the early evictees, since if the series had originally been so long, evictions could have been spread out more.
  • benbeez1benbeez1 Posts: 18,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AGAIN >:( channel 5 a milking this series dry