Power Trip truly was a [removed] awful series.

Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
Forum Member
I like to use hindsight now to see if anyone thinks it was a good or bad series?

i just stumbled across a few clips of BB secret and lies and the 'Deana' year on youtube.
its made me realise what a crock of shite Power Trip really was with some of the most loathsome useless housemates ever, with an absolutely ghastly house design and useless theme.

production really messed up this year.

Comments

• RabidWolverine1RabidWolverine1 Posts: 8,137
    Forum Member
    Aura101 wrote: »
    I like to use hindsight now to see if anyone thinks it was a good or bad series?

i just stumbled across a few clips of BB secret and lies and the 'Deana' year on youtube.
    its made me realise what a crock of shite Power Trip really was with some of the most loathsome useless housemates ever, with an absolutely ghastly house design and useless theme.

production really messed up this year.

To be fair Secrets and Lies was a bigger load of garbage.

Power Trip was still garbage but Secrets and Lies was just 17 kinds of awful...nobody to get behind or really like to an excessive degree.
  • KatrinaKKatrinaK Posts: 32,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been watching BB from the begining and power trip was by far the worst series.

I know the producers manipulate and meddle but this year they sunk to new lows, especially the final week.

I don't even want to go into Helen's pass.

In a way, I thank them. I never will pick up the phone again.
  • Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    KatrinaK wrote: »
    I've been watching BB from the begining and power trip was by far the worst series.

I know the producers manipulate and meddle but this year they sunk to new lows, especially the final week.

Though ironically without Helen, this series would have been even worse, which says it all really.
    To be fair Secrets and Lies was a bigger load of garbage.

Power Trip was still garbage but Secrets and Lies was just 17 kinds of awful...nobody to get behind or really like to an excessive degree.

i have to disagree, secrets and lies was overrated, but it was still a good series and is regarded by alot of people as the best C5 civilian series. i only say its overrated as it tailed off by about week 7. (mainly because those loathesome twins outstayed their welcome over much better housemates) plus secrets and lies being the series where the inconsistancy began, especially with putting up a random number of housemates every week & using VTE again.
  • Tucks21Tucks21 Posts: 981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I agree with everything you wrote KatrinaK. I found it the most frustrating one to watch because of the constant interference and manipulation from BB.:(
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    Though ironically without Helen, this series would have been even worse, which says it all really.

i have to disagree, secrets and lies was overrated, but it was still a good series and is regarded by alot of people as the best C5 civilian series. i only say its overrated as it tailed off by about week 7. (mainly because those loathesome twins outstayed their welcome over much better housemates) plus secrets and lies being the series where the inconsistancy began, especially with putting up a random number of housemates every week & using VTE again.

:cool: By me certainly. I hated this years so much :( It truly was the worst BB ever. There was another thread about BB 14 being the best Channel 5 BB and as was mentioned on there we had live feed :o Ok only 2 hours a night but it really made the difference and I actually liked some of the HMs. This year's lot were awful, just awful.
  • What a shamblesWhat a shambles Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Worst series of BB ever. Towie 2.
  • CallousCallous Posts: 11,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The producers just destroyed the show this year..as did the editors. The editors only seem interested in misery and rows.

I'm guessing they used to work on Eastenders....
  • Fried KickinFried Kickin Posts: 60,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It felt like you were being bludgeoned with a sock full of turds.
  • dtorredtorre Posts: 3,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a billion times better than last year's shambles, but the 2012 series is probably still the best for C5. At least this year's had good housemates and things actually happened every night, unlike last year

2012 - great
    2013 - terrible, tedious
    2014 - pretty good
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully just back to plain old Big Brother next year.

If...
  • Tall PaulTall Paul Posts: 8,786
    Forum Member
    CLL Dodge wrote: »
    Hopefully just back to plain old Big Brother next year.

If...

Well desmond isn't in charge of channel 5 anymore, so we should have it restored somewhat to its former glory. :)
  • Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    Tall Paul wrote: »
    Well desmond isn't in charge of channel 5 anymore, so we should have it restored somewhat to its former glory. :)

But its been Ben Frow pulling all the strings for the past couple of years... and hes still there !
  • TheManWhoLaughsTheManWhoLaughs Posts: 7,271
    Forum Member
    Worst series of BB ever. Towie 2.

It was a poor series but it wasn't very TOWIE like :confused: There wasn't that much time spent on showmances (Mistopher and Steverly didn't take up much time and were never taken seriously)

BB12 (and CBB8) were the closest we've had the series being "scripted reality". The problems with this year were standard BB ones - a poorly chosen cast, weak tasks and unnecessary meddling.
  • MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
    Forum Member

I disagree the house would have been different but in a better way, she controlled everything in that house and she never feared anything so she could do and say whatever she wanted
  • 09beyoncefan09beyoncefan Posts: 2,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't say I've hugely enjoyed any of the channel 5 series... Not many housemates in any I really liked to watch or really got behind, only:

2011 - Rebeckah (totally alone I know!), maybe Alex but I think it was just the "best of a bad bunch" thing, I probably wouldn't have cared if it was any other series!
    2012 - Deana, Caroline, Lydia
    2013 - Gina, Charlie (and she was hardly the most exciting person ever)
    2014 - Ashleigh, Toya, Christopher, Matthew

Power Trip was totally marred by the stupid twists every five minutes :/ Especially having something as huge as the final pass and the killer nom so early. I think Secrets and Lies was good in that respect, it had enough good stuff (like Dan's surprise eviction and Gina/Dexter in the secret room) but they didn't have something happening every week. Well, the stupid public voting out the likes of Toya and Matthew and leaving us with Steven and Ash for so long didn't help Power Trip either! As a bunch of people, PT could have been a really good house but it was completely ruined by the absolutely horrific housemates like Steven, Mark, Helen, Kimberly and Pauline plus all the arguments.
  • KDDS07KDDS07 Posts: 5,861
    Forum Member

Agree with all of this. Every year I looked forward to calling to vote in support of my favorite housemates because that was part of the game of BB. As of BB15---never again will I spend a penny voting. My eyes have been opened. If someone like Helen can win with a free pass to the final--not having to lift a finger to get there--then I'm done contributing. This is no longer Big Brother UK---I don't know what it is.
  • soapnutsoapnut Posts: 6,880
    Forum Member
    Not one for the history books other than the fact it will forever be the worst series in history!

It's not even worthy of conversation and I've ran out of bad things to say about it as they have all been said already countless times.

BB15 never happened as far as I'm concerned I hated it that much. >:(
  • dtorredtorre Posts: 3,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tall Paul wrote: »

Desmond wasn't in charge during BB8 to BB11 and those were still poor
  • BeeBumbleBeeBumble Posts: 5,925
    Forum Member
    It was the worst for interference and manipulation but as a whole I don't think it was that bad. The cast was a good fit we had our fair share of villains and nutcases which I don't mind as long as they don't outstay there welcome. I feel the Helen's of the show are a good way to get the show started but eventually need to go to as kicking off over every little thing becomes tiresome.

The drama they actually created for themselves was interesting e.g: Pauline going nuts, Ashliegh's evil week, Steven's gigantic ego and bizarre behaviour, Chris in the diary room, Christopher giving Helen what for, the fallout of the money pact etc.. But there were just some stories the producers couldn't let go of which were just annoying like the Helen vs Ashliegh feud, Chris's 'obsession' with Ashliegh, Steverly bonking. Also the outside info just became too much and HM's changed because of that.

I also agree with what someone said above the editors only seemed focused on misery and drama where I'm sure they had a lot of fun moments. So had the producers taken a step back stopped trying force the same old stuff and let them be themselves it could have been an excellent series.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BeeBumble wrote: »
    It was the worst for interference and manipulation but as a whole I don't think it was that bad. The cast was a good fit we had our fair share of villains and nutcases which I don't mind as long as they don't outstay there welcome. I feel the Helen's of the show are a good way to get the show started but eventually need to go to as kicking off over every little thing becomes tiresome.

The drama they actually created for themselves was interesting e.g: Pauline going nuts, Ashliegh's evil week, Steven's gigantic ego and bizarre behaviour, Chris in the diary room, Christopher giving Helen what for, the fallout of the money pact etc.. But there were just some stories the producers couldn't let go ...

:)Totally agree with your post. I didn't find this a bad series overall, and I think the housemates, were, on the whole, a pretty good selection. For some reason, it was decided that interference and manipulation of story lines, beyond anything I've seen on BB before, certainly as far as outside influence is concerned, was a 'fab' idea. It wasn't, for me anyway, but thanks to some of the h/ms being brilliant, this series rose above the cr@ppiness and nonsense it was destined to be.
  • PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark and Winston going on one night was great, but the public did that, everything the producers did was a crock of shit :(
  • Tall PaulTall Paul Posts: 8,786
    Forum Member
    Pitman wrote: »
    Mark and Winston going on one night was great, but the public did that, everything the producers did was a crock of shit :(

People were naive to vote for Helen and BBBOTS were just as devious to shove her down our throats the way they did. A truly forgettable series which i felt inclined to switch off and switch off more or less i did. >:(
  • elenaelena Posts: 14,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The idea of power trip wasn't bad, it was the execution. If they'd made the Power Housemate into a HOH-style role and fixed the method of choosing them every week, it could have been intriguing.

The problem is that under C5, there are no rules to BB. No internal logic. They really do make it up as they go along.

And I think power trip has to be up there as the most awful series I've put myself through, perhaps excepting BB4.
  • CelticMythCelticMyth Posts: 3,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't like the fact that 2 housemates were evicted without the public having a say in the matter.

Has set a precedent that I don't like. Why bother watching if the producers can basically engineer a situation to get rid of any housemate they like without the public having a say?
  • danyelldanyell Posts: 10,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was one of the nastiest series there's ever been. Along with the Deana year. Although I prefured that year. The people were more interesting.